The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Quote from GHOSTRACER1 :You re just so Kiddish that all the Guys who hear stupid comments from a new Nickname on Racingforums(not just RSC) thinks automatically it s you.

Yes thats preety funny. goes to show how smart and fair, people like you are.

Btw being banned from rsc and for reasons you havent a clue, doesnt equal being banned from all places. No matter how much of an octopus of installed interest you see them. Unless you mean that RSC for you represents the universe. So no idea wtf you have been reading
Quote :But I can`t answer a person, calling me a fanboy !??
Do I not have a right to speak freely ??

Yes indeed you do, just as he has every right to compare LFS to a game. If you are prepared to criticise people for their views, then others have exactly the same right to criticise you for yours.
Quote :I think my answer is 100% not OT, and I cannot read all those threads, you mention. I started on the international forum, just a while ago, but all you people can do, is hunt new people down.

I would say that is entirely in your imagination. You've been a member since Sept 2004. Not very new. Why are you feeling so victimised?
Quote :Why can`t people just say their meaning, and keep shut if they have nothing to say.

My life would be far simpler if they did that. But you have to also apply the rule to yourself somethimes otherwise it just becomes self-righteous preaching.
Quote :I don`t understand this forum, where everybody hunts everybody, just for being right.

Right in your eyes, do you mean?
Quote :Could it be because it is an interesting subject, that people takes up that discussion, over and over ? - Did you consider that ?

Yes thanks I did consider it, it's a pity that an interesting subject like this always gets pulled into a juvenile argument and insult-trading by the members of the community who are convinced their views are the only right ones to be shared around everyone.
Quote :Can you tell me if I have bend any rules ????

No, you're free to go. Thanks for stopping by! Bring in the next one please, Officer.
Quote from al heeley :Yes indeed you do, just as he has every right to compare LFS to a game. If you are prepared to criticise people for their views, then others have exactly the same right to criticise you for yours.

I would say that is entirely in your imagination. You've been a member since Sept 2004. Not very new. Why are you feeling so victimised?

My life would be far simpler if they did that. But you have to also apply the rule to yourself somethimes otherwise it just becomes self-righteous preaching.

Right in your eyes, do you mean?

Yes thanks I did consider it, it's a pity that an interesting subject like this always gets pulled into a juvenile argument and insult-trading by the members of the community who are convinced their views are the only right ones to be shared around everyone.

No, you're free to go. Thanks for stopping by! Bring in the next one please, Officer.

Yes I have been a member since 2004, and have known Lfs longer than that. I just recently started to use the forum, because of the new patch (With Bf1) and the many testpatches. So I am rather new here.

I like LFS,I like rFactor.

Thread Closed.
Quote from deggis :... Before that there will be fully open beta test.

I have also invites left if anyone wants...

Hey deggis, Can you send me an invite too?
onracing[at]gmail.com

thanks.
that DR looks like it might be something worth looking into, if it ever gets off the ground. but if it IS as good as it promises, then that'll mean it'll be hard to get down. and I barely have time for LFS anymore, much less another demanding title.
you could just download a car already made it sounds like the game will be as demanding as you want it to be
i know this isnt a screenshot thread.... but omg look at these screenshots of rFactor. Graphics are 2ndary to me... but omg...
these arent my screenshots. i found them on various forums.

OMG 0MG wtf WOAAAH!!! :yikes: So pretty!

no, wait...where's the catch?
Wow, those are amazing! The last one is only given away by the tyres! I'm impressed.
yeah certainly looks good, but will the physics be any good
I'll give that my dues. They are the first rFactor pics that look realistic and not like a 1990's cartoon. Obviously the car models are unofficial mods, and I've got to assume to track is also a mod, otherwise it would use the horrible colour scheme that the default tracks and the first 30,000 mods used.

But I like it. Is that a car/track mod I can download and try? Or is rFactor best as a screenshot generator?
thats how it looks ingame. and i think some of those are of monza. it was just released recently with all of its configs. even the oval config from the 60's. Monza's an official track made by ISI. i hope they make fuji
Quote from tristancliffe :I'll give that my dues. They are the first rFactor pics that look realistic and not like a 1990's cartoon. Obviously the car models are unofficial mods, and I've got to assume to track is also a mod, otherwise it would use the horrible colour scheme that the default tracks and the first 30,000 mods used.

But I like it. Is that a car/track mod I can download and try? Or is rFactor best as a screenshot generator?

i havent spent much time driving... but i can say it doesnt feel as good as lfs. if i try not to think about how much better lfs feels i can enjoy the game. there are some pretty cool setup options i would like to see in lfs like boost adjustment.

whoops i didnt mean to double post... i am tired didnt go to sleep.
It has boost?
yes but squeezing more power out of the engine increases the chance of something going wrong.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'll give that my dues. They are the first rFactor pics that look realistic and not like a 1990's cartoon. Obviously the car models are unofficial mods, and I've got to assume to track is also a mod, otherwise it would use the horrible colour scheme that the default tracks and the first 30,000 mods used.

The first screens show the GTL version of Dijon-Prenois... Another screen shows Monza, I don't know if this is the ISI version or if it is the GTL version. Looks like the GTL version too, tho...
simple question, is rfactor anygood or not?
like is it worth the cash or is it like any other isi game
Quote from richo :simple question, is rfactor anygood or not?
like is it worth the cash or is it like any other isi game

if you dont like the other isi games you probably wont like this. Although you can download the demo and see for yourself.
Sorry my bad didnt think there was a demo, shame there all the same cos i love the cars and tracks in GTL but its physics are just wierd,if only we could have the driveability of LFS with the cars/tracks and atmospshere of GTL/GTR etc etc

Thanks for the quick reply all the same
I played rF for about 30 seconds before I gave up- no support for mouse, the keys were acting way too heavily on the steering. LFS was already on my HD, so I thought- "oh well, back to the other one".

BTW I don't think those screenshots are anything really above what LFS is capable of achieving right now. Track res looks about twice that of the standard LFS track res- but you can take care of that with a higher-res texture pack (see sig ). I think the tyres are actually the best thing here in these screens (actual grooves).

Anyway, I'm looking at all this on a 14 inch 6 year old crappy laptop monitor which hasn't been cleaned probably ever. Maybe I've missed something here..

edit: What I did enjoy about rFactor was the rattle and noise as the car got upto speed on the straight. You felt like you were going fast. What I hated was the beginning coming out of the pits ritual which takes control of your car. This happens in GTR2 as well. Maybe you can turn that off but why have that on in the first place?
Quote from Electrik Kar :
... What I hated was the beginning coming out of the pits ritual which takes control of your car. ...Maybe you can turn that off...

It's in the options (somewhere) to turn that off...
Quote from severin_schoepke :The first screens show the GTL version of Dijon-Prenois... Another screen shows Monza, I don't know if this is the ISI version or if it is the GTL version. Looks like the GTL version too, tho...

i just compared the gtl version of monza to the Rfactor one... and the Rfactor one has more detailed buildings more objects on track. It also seems to be slightly different raceline and the amount of grass and maybe track width is different in some parts(i'm not sure).. i think the gtl version is more bumpy but that could be in my mind as well...

i uploaded two screenshots to show example. 1st is ISI 2nd is GTL version

also... i am not runnning much anisotropic at all so that affects how the textures look. i am having problem with my graphics card...
Attached images
rFactorISI.jpg
rFactorGTL.jpg
Why do the clouds look they are on a flat plane 50 feet high? They look awful! I think I prefer the attachment on the right, but none of them look like a solid building.

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG