The online racing simulator
What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
why is the announcement still there ?
Probably because it's 4am in the UK and the devs haven't woken up and removed it
Quote from Shotglass :why is the announcement still there ?

do u know any1 beside the banned mods and the sleeping devs who could remove it? :P
Quote from joshdifabio :I should add that, if it is discovered that Phlos has done something more serious, such as what Kegetys suggested, I would say that prosecution would certainly be reasonable.

I really don't think it is in his nature though.

Well there's one thing I agree with you about. FWIW you make a good devil's advocate but something about Phlos makes me not want to trust him, and with stupid stunts like this he's not helping his cause at all.
Quote from GTTurbo :You don't get the significance of what happened this evening. Kegetys summed it up very well. I find it bizarre that you can't comprehend this.

Well, I'm sure you're right. Kegetys clearly would have a much better understanding of those things than I would. On the surface, it appears to be a petty nuisance of an issue, Phlos' past history aside. Maybe there really is more to it - but if it's nothing more than horseplay on a forum, my previous opinion stands.

Quote :Phlos seems offended that the Devs don't trust him to help with LFS. Well no shit, Sherlock. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a fit. It's RIDICULOUS to suggest, after Phlos's many stunts, that he should be in ANY way involved in the process of developing LFS. Get real!

LOL, well obviously. Like I said - while I'm not endorsing this event by any means for obvious reasons, with my limited knowledge of the ramifications it appears more silly than downright evil. I don't think the forum stores anything sensitive (but I don't know for sure)
I would not mention anything about trust before he return the forum as it was, if all he want to do is prove his point surely he can undo the change by now?
Quote from Hankstar :Probably because it's 4am in the UK and the devs haven't woken up and removed it

well ive been told that someone rang the devs (although that might have been a misinterpretation of the word "informed") and i took the fact that phlos isnt an admin anymore as indication that vicc did whatever he saw fit
I think the fact that both the announcement and Phlos are still here says the opposite...your sources should check their facts
i have to admit that you do in fact have a point there
Quote from GTTurbo :It was wrong. Semantics, and/or picking the perfect word to describe Phlos's actions would only serve to detract from the simple fact that it was wrong.

Yes it was wrong, of course. But like Josh said, the world is not so cut & dried. Driving 5km/h over the speed limit is "wrong" also, but people do it all the time. Although I don't feel that that's dangerous, it's MORE dangerous to others by it's nature than what happened here tonight (again, with my limited (zero) knowledge of the ramifications)... So by your own logic those who do that should be jailed...

Semantics aside, when you make a statement like "he should go to jail", which is a life changing (ruining) event, it better be for good reason. What Phlos did has not ruined anyone's life and/or caused personal harm or injury of any substantial sort (save for pride) to another human being and therefore on that basis he doesn't truly deserve to have his very life stripped from him for all intents and purposes. That seems awfully extreme from where I sit, and that really is my only point.

Please don't hate me

Quote :
And Phlos wants to be respected, and listened to, by the Devs. Cuckoo.

Can't argue with that
Funny way to earn respect - break into someone's clubhouse in the dead of night, lock the bosses out, then say "Remember that last thing I did? Well check this out! Now, let me help you..."

Cuckoo like a mofo.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I don't think the forum stores anything sensitive (but I don't know for sure)

well its just the web password of everybodies s2 account (not that its that easily accessible but still)
Well, if he gets kicks from this, must be quite little other life he has left
Hopefully he finds gf or something more to his life and can do something constructive instead in future.
I don't really know anything about vB forums, but I think that any hack against a commercial site should be taken as seriously as possible. I don't think my credit card information is connected with my forum account, but I'm not sure, and I'd rather not find out the hard way. I'm not a laywer or a judge but I do think at least some fiscal compensation should be paid to the Developers to cover lost development time in fixing this mess.
You also need to think about private sections of the forums, perhaps for moderators and devs, personal messages too...both of those could contain sensative information about passwords and other things.
Quote from GTTurbo :I didn't mention anyone else. I was talking about Phlos. What I said (he committed a crime) and my opinion about the consequence (he should be in jail) stand as my conclusion. I honestly don't think I need to qualify it further. It's what I believe.

You're just normally such a nice fellow (I think) and ruining someone's life in real ... life for doing a "digital B&E on a forum (of all places)" seems over the top, but you're entitled to your extremist opinion

Quote :Never

Well, unless I hack the forums
But thanks, I hate it when people hate me!
By the way, who is GTTurbo, I got that the Widget is Bob, but I can't for the life of me figure out who GTTurbo is....
What a guy Phlos is. If so much talent and energy were spent for peaceful goals...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :You're just normally such a nice fellow (I think) and ruining someone's life in real ... life for doing a "digital B&E on a forum (of all places)" seems over the top, but you're entitled to your extremist opinion

Classic.

Digital breaking and entering!!!

Im sure my neighbour wont mind if I break into his shed later when he's sleeping, its only a shed.. Right?illepall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Misuse_Act_1990
Quote from GTTurbo :hehe! I didn't think I'd fool anyone! 1 point to me!

Of course my fine UKCT amigo, you're not fooling me for a second, you have that god-like posting style still that just screams "****ing noob".
I thought you were off to bed, I think "off to bed" for you means "few more hours, just on the lappy"
mental phlos......

(sorry, but 10 pages and all.... has anyone done that one yet? :shy
Oh my god, all the mods are banned! Or am I the last one who noticed?
This thread is closed

What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG