The online racing simulator
What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
Quote from wheel4hummer :Meaning phlos commited a criminal crime. I dunno about everywhere else, but in the US Phlos could actually be jailed.

I think in most countries you can be jailed for committing a "criminal crime". Just kidding, I'm not flaming you

I really think this would be best talked out maturely and shouldn't involve the law. That may sound crazy but if Phlos was given the chance of a fresh start, which afaik he never has been, I think he would be a good asset to this community.

And can people please not persecute me and hurl personal insults at me for having a different opinion? I have done nothing wrong and it really is quite pathetic. Some of you need to think before hitting multiple random keys on your keyboards.

Josh
makes sense josh, but in the past he has done some capital damages to the devs (hence his ban)

although hes doing this in a joking manner it makes sense to let him go; but a joke doesn't really go as far as this extremity he has pulled

owell.... just wait for the morning and this will all be gone and see what the devs have to say
Quote from joshdifabio :
I really think this would be best talked out maturely and shouldn't involve the law. That may sound crazy but if Phlos was given the chance of a fresh start, which afaik he never has been, I think he would be a good asset to this community.

Well if he can understand that he wouldn't do what he did really? I think it's down to him who decide whether to let go the old self and face the problem, maturely instead of enforcing his presence.
@Josh - are you mad he hacked into the forum at the best possible moment to make sure the Devs would take as long as possible to deal with it.

Look at the downward spiral of Kid, should he really have been given a second chance with LFS, IMO Phlos has even less case to be here than Kid ever did. They will re-offend and frankly buying a new license is the very least he should have to do.
Quote from kurent : It's like robbing a bank and then saying you were just showing them security flaws.

Well, actually no it's not... Not even close actually! illepall But we seem to like blowing things out of proportion tonight, so why not join the fun
Its like shooting people to highlight the fact that its too easy to get hold of a gun.
I want to hear about the Dev input. Why haven't we heard from Scawen or Vic yet? I read the whole thread, and I can't believe Scawen hasn't posted a, "Don't worry I will take care of the situation" type relpy? I couldn't care less what happens to Phlos, there are plenty of people that probably could contribute more towards developement. IE: Kegety?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Its like shooting people to highlight the fact that its too easy to get hold of a gun.

lol

Quote from Infiniti :I want to hear about the Dev input. Why haven't we heard from Scawen or Vic yet? I read the whole thread, and I can't believe Scawen hasn't posted a, "Don't worry I will take care of the situation" type relpy? I could care less what happens to Phlos, there are plenty of people that probably could contribute more towards developement. IE: Kegety?

Sleeping!

And I bet you couldn't care less

edit: the angriest people seem to be the ones who usually do the banning but got banned - that's probably exactly what Phlos wanted for "fun" guys - this whole silly thread is just feeding his #2 point, especially the angry banned banners. Note: I'm not saying BTW that this was something I would do also, clearly it's not - but it's just not the end of the world and the outrage is a bit silly. Scawen will probably wake up, roll his tired eyes, fix the hole and re-ban Phlos. Case closed.
We may not have heard from the devs because it's the middle of the night in the UK (afaik)
Quote from Infiniti :I want to hear about the Dev input. Why haven't we heard from Scawen or Vic yet? I read the whole thread, and I can't believe Scawen hasn't posted a, "Don't worry I will take care of the situation" type relpy? I could care less what happens to Phlos, there are plenty of people that probably could contribute more towards developement. IE: Kegety?

It's 3.30 am here so I guess the Devs are sound asleep completely oblivious to what's going on.
They are in bed. It is 3am in the UK. I think they have a life and need to sleep at this time of night.

I'm in the US at the moment, so I have an excuse for posting this late
Ah, forgot to take in account the time zones.
Btw where abouts in the US?
Quote from GTTurbo :Phlos cannot be trusted. This is quite clear, looking at the history here. People who can be trusted do NOT DO this kind of thing.

I think it is a severely twisted logic to take what has happened tonight, and turn that into "he should be given another chance". Quite the opposite.

I personally cannot think of a single reason why Phlos should be legally allowed to own a computer. He is a criminal. I mean that in the literal sense. He has committed crimes this evening, and should be in jail.

And how many of us haven't, by the way? How many students at uni should be in jail? Maybe you haven't ever used P2P software to download content illegally, most young, computer-savvy people have.

Life is not as black and white as that, not nearly.

Josh
Damn, the devs are gonna be in a sweet mood when they wake up and come here ...

Josh, for the record, I think you're being far too charitable, and I think it's confusing the issue by bringing up eyepatch software. Most young, computer-savvy people don't go to the trouble of hacking other peoples' sites repeatedly just to prove a stupid point
well they might be halfway accross the channel already with a nice big surprise.
Quote from joshdifabio :And how many of us haven't, by the way? How many students at uni should be in jail? Maybe you haven't ever used P2P software to download content illegally, most young, computer-savvy people have.

Life is not as black and white as that, not nearly.

Josh

I'm busted
Someone should phone the devs and wake them up in the middle of their sleep. It will increase the amount that they are pissed at phlos!
Quote from GTTurbo :I've never used P2P. What the hell does that have to do with Phlos screwing over the devs. Severely twisted logic, IMO. REALLY twisted.

Actually it makes perfect sense - some people are arguing that Phlos should be jailed for doing something "illegal" while most people do things arguably far "worse" every day, sometimes 24hrs a day by stealing - and never think twice. Not twisted logic at all! Nothing "of value" has been stolen in this circumstance.
I don't think there's a lot of point in arguing equivalency. We didn't exploit our way to "developer" in the forums and ban all the moderators - maybe we shoplifted once or we put sellotape on a kitten's paws or something, so what, it's not going to get us banned from LFS.
^^^ dam it was about to do the same thing
Scawen and Victor will wake up tomorrow and..... " Come on geraldine give me some eggs for breakfast please sweety" Scawen tell his wife... and then Scawen's baby come and say "Hey dad whats going on on the forums? lot of dudes are posting is quite funny because they are blaming at some dude called Phlos" And Scawen answer "WTF Kid Phlos??? shit that mother ****er french im gonna put a rocket on his ass or maybe stuck him on jail".

Somehow Victor Vann Vlaardingen wake up very very worried and say's "Shiiit another internet day.... lets turn on my pc and see whats going on.... OH SHIT WTF PHLOS AGAIN I'M GONNA KILL THAT BITCH".

I'm joking just a little fun hehe.
Quote from GTTurbo :What the hell does that have to do with Phlos screwing over the devs? Severely twisted logic, IMO. REALLY twisted.

How is it?? You stated that Phlos committed a crime, and should be in jail. Do you really think something like this warrants putting someone in jail? Downloading an mp3 off a P2P program is a crime, ok so 50% of this forum should go to jail right now.

Hacking this forum is obviously far more severe, and inexcusable, however I still don't think it warrants being sent to a hell whole for x number of months / years.

I want to reiterate to everyone who is reading my posts, and hating every word of them; I am not friends with Phlos, (although when I do speak to him I find him very friendly). I would have my current opinions if anyone had been through what he has in this community.

Josh
I should add that, if it is discovered that Phlos has done something more serious, such as what Kegetys suggested, I would say that prosecution would certainly be reasonable.

I really don't think it is in his nature though.

Anyway, I will leave it at that for this evening, I have made at least one mod hate me and probably a few other members too. Just know that nothing I said was personal!

Good night,

Josh
Josh: I don't hate you and I certainly won't take you to task for having an opinion (it's why forums exist after all), but I don't think casting Phlos as a poor hapless victim, or some misunderstood but well-intentioned Dickensian urchin is anywhere near appropriate.
This thread is closed

What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG