The online racing simulator
What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
So taking Illegal action is the only way round....riiight
Quote from Phlos :You don't know the story between me and devs. They don't answer to me nor reading me. That's the only way now...

Then it's a damn shame it's come to this...
Quote from The Widget :Like they're ever going to now?

As they want...
At least, they know there is something wrong in Live for speed now...
Quote from Phlos :As they want...
At least, they know there is something wrong in Live for speed now...

OOOOh dear, look whos trying to did himself out of a veeeery deep hole.
Quote from The Widget :Like they're ever going to now?

So nothing has changed, except now they know they have to sort their security issues.

Josh
Why does anyone actually care what the hell is going on here? He's probably found some dog old exploit to this dog old version of vBulletin and everyone is feeding his ego.

Move on let it pass.
Well, I'm sure if he posted up here saying that he could hack the forum and that it had huge loop holes in it's security that the usual lot would come along saying nah nah this forum is bomb proof and start flaming him.

Now he's atleast being flamed after he's prooved his point.
What a penis.

Hopefully the Devs can have a legal case against him and can use his fine to fund some real circuit licenses
Well Phlos is a self proclaimed number 1 who is so far up his own arse that he had to install a window in his stomach just to see where he is going.

You wonder why the Devs don't listen to you? Its because they have a life, LFS is probably not even in their top 10 list of priorities. Oh and not to mention the fact you keep doing idiotic stuff like this.
Ultimately, the devs can just turn off the website and literally clear out the whole forum. Still a pain in the ass. Since Phlos has hacked the forum, I am not going to flame him so I dont get banned.
:bandit:

Maybe he can unban Kid
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You wonder why the Devs don't listen to you? Its because they have a life, LFS is probably not even in their top 10 list of priorities.

I hope that isn't true.

Does anyone remember LFS Manager..? That was a really popular program, I seem to remember, Phlos made that for the community.

Back in S1 times, Phlos helped expose a security whole in the hotlap system, and although a lot of people may think he was trying to cheat, I believe he was trying to help.

He has, apparently, offered to help with security problems on multiple occasions but is ignored. I don't think he is the only one to blame here.

What have the rest of you ever done for the community I ask?

Edit: I am sure that Phlos won't ban any of you or manipulate the forum in any lasting way, he clearly doesn't intend to cause any real damage.

Josh
Quote from joshdifabio :I hope that isn't true.

Does anyone remember LFS Manager..? That was a really popular program, I seem to remember, Phlos made that for the community.

Back in S1 times, Phlos helped expose a security whole in the hotlap system, and although a lot of people may think he was trying to cheat, I believe he was trying to help.

He has, apparently, offered to help with security problems on multiple occasions but is ignored. I don't think he is the only one to blame here.

Josh

Still not the point, there was no reason to go this far.
I think you will find theres plenty of people who have created useful programs for LFS, and most of those didn't hack into the forum and delete accounts.

Also I don't know many people who would put their work in the top 10 of important things in their life. I can reel off a list of at least 10 things that are more important.
Quote from djgizmo68 :Still not the point, there was no reason to go this far.

Indeed. I agree with you 100%.
Quote from Phlos :You don't know the story between me and devs. They don't answer to me nor reading me. That's the only way now...

There are reasons for that:

you tried to hack masterservers,
you were trying to give trojan software to betatesters to find out about s2 code/protocol
you hacked lfs
you coded exploits (handbrake)
you are the most un-honourable racer I ever met. Every wrecker has more behaviour.
you are selfish, arrogant and totally self-focused retarded idiot.
you are alone, and i'm sooo sorry for that.

So now you think, you helped LFS, by behaving like a cheap thief (again)? It's ridiculous, and I think it's about time we use the info we have on you with some buddies with baseball-bats in france, watch ur back, slowpoke.
Quote from joshdifabio :

Not ignored Victor's requests got myself permabanned then hacked the forum and banned all the moderators.

Oh yeah and I don't have a fetish for ruining everyones race
Phlos, first off I hope you realise how bad you've made yourself look. You might not care, but you seem like the person who does.

Secondly, don't you care that legal action might be taken against you?

Only a few people pointed out what I feel about this situation. Yes, it's not exactly a nice way to do it, but in all seriousness, what good are we doing by feeding him messages of hatred?

Discussing this is quite pointless imo.

Chris is thinking of studying psychology! :something
Well, if he really meant damage obviously he would have done some

It's just a forum, and nothing really awful has happened - but I would bet that some things will be fixed... So the forum will be a better place (even if nobody ever bothered with these "issues" before). Kind of ironic, but really not too serious of an event.

edit: just saw Vykos's post... :ashamed:
Quote from The Widget :You want the list?

Well you maybe, what about all of the other people constantly attacking him?

The attacks haven't only started now, so people can't try and say that this is the straw that broke the camel's back, he was unfairly targeted a long time ago imo.

Josh
Quote from joshdifabio :Well you maybe, what about all of the other people constantly attacking him?

The attacks haven't only started now, so people can't try and say that this is the straw that broke the camel's back, he was unfairly targeted a long time ago imo.

Josh

Yeah, but the devs still need to take legal action. What he did is a felony in the US and some other countries! Meaning phlos commited a criminal crime. I dunno about everywhere else, but in the US Phlos could actually be jailed.
Quote from Vykos69 :There are reasons for that:

you tried to hack masterservers,
you were trying to give trojan software to betatesters to find out about s2 code/protocol
you hacked lfs
you coded exploits (handbrake)
you are the most un-honourable racer I ever met. Every wrecker has more behaviour.
you are selfish, arrogant and totally self-focused retarded idiot.
you are alone, and i'm sooo sorry for that.

So now you think, you helped LFS, by behaving like a cheap thief (again)? It's ridiculous, and I think it's about time we use the info we have on you with some buddies with baseball-bats in france, watch ur back, slowpoke.

My dear Vykos69...
Please at least give proofs of what you say
Most are wrong, and I don't joke/lie.
Quote from joshdifabio :He has, apparently, offered to help with security problems on multiple occasions but is ignored. I don't think he is the only one to blame here.

Did he report this practicular exploit to the devs? How long ago was that and what was the dev's response?

Promoting yourself to administrator might seem like a minor thing, but the fact that a system has been compromised can mean a lot of work for the devs. Especially since LFS is a commercial product and the person compromising a part of the system could have use that system to compromise another. As an example, he could have modified the LFS purchase page to steal credit card numbers while pretending he just exploited the forum to show the exploit was there (He might even say that just so the real admins wouldn't look anywhere else so the credit card theft would remain hidden). That can mean alot of work when everything needs to be went through and inspected for changes. That's lost time, and with a commercial product lost time = lost money.
Well on the plus side the forum won't be linked to that kind of information, and he is too stupid to get into the good stuff.
Quote from GTTurbo :Josh, I have to ask.. are you a retard? Have you not read the list of things Vykos just listed, of what this weirdo loser has done in the past? I think you're as loony as him if you think there is any defence for what he's done.

Gentlemen Load your banana's! :bananadea
This thread is closed

What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG