The online racing simulator
What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
Quote from th84 :Probably the same reason everyone else has a go at us.

agreed lol

i was going to put something in there next to it but i couldn't come up with anything fast enough to really say to justify i didn't mean it in an [extremely] hurtful way
Quote from XCNuse :agreed lol

i was going to put something in there next to it but i couldn't come up with anything fast enough to really say to justify i didn't mean it in an [extremely] hurtful way

nah theres another reason the brits like to have a go at you
why cant...*sniff*....he just leave us alone.....*sniff*.... but i gotta admit, he does seem very disturbed, yes? WIERDO

frenchy
#79 - ev0
Phlos,

Before you leave, could you please post here what you were hoping to achieve by doing this. I have been curious for quite a while as to what drives somebody to break in to someone else's server, despite the fact that they are breaking the law, with no apparent reward to justify it.

e
Quote from ev0 :Phlos,

Before you leave, could you please post here what you were hoping to achieve by doing this. I have been curious for quite a while as to what drives somebody to break in to someone else's server, despite the fact that they are breaking the law, with no apparent reward to justify it.

e

Maybe to show that the forum has some severe security holes in it and by looking at what he could have done but hasn't, all he was doing was prooving this. AFAIK Phlos offered his help to Victor to help with the coding and preventing things like this to happen.
Quote from ev0 :Phlos,

e

1. To show Victor (and devs) that he (they) should hire someone to fix security holes before a bad hacker ruin his (their) work by deleting everything or whatever.
2. For fun.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Quote from Bawbag :Maybe to show that the forum has some severe security holes in it and by looking at what he could have done but hasn't, all he was doing was prooving this. AFAIK Phlos offered his help to Victor to help with the coding and preventing things like this to happen.

souns reasonable... but i wonder if was that the real intention drom first instance
#83 - th84
Quote from Phlos :1. To show Victor (and devs) that he should hire someone to fix security holes.
2. For fun.

:homersimp
Quote from The Widget :Phlos - wouldn't an email have done?

Not for the 2nd point, the fun part illepall
Quote from Phlos :1. To show Victor (and devs) that he (they) should hire someone to fix security holes before a bad hacker ruin his (their) work by deleting everything or whatever.
2. For fun.

So what makes you a "good" hacker?
#86 - MR_B
So banning the mods was for the 2nd point?
Quote from Phlos :1. To show Victor (and devs) that he (they) should hire someone to fix security holes before a bad hacker ruin his (their) work by deleting everything or whatever.

wait a minute, isn't that the reason there are file backups?

so really you did a punishable crime... for fun?
Quote from XCNuse :wait a minute, isn't that the reason there are file backups?

so really you did a punishable crime... for fun?

Man, man man... there are SERIOUS security holes in Live for speed, believe me, and erasing everything is NOT the worst thing...
Quote from Phlos :1. To show Victor (and devs) that he should hire someone to fix security holes.
2. For fun.

You coulda just sent him a polite letter This isn't Halliburton or some sports clothing company that uses sweatshops (who all deserve some uber-haxoring). Attack someone who deserves it, not someone who canned your arse. Didn't you bring that on yourself anyway? btw, afaik you're the only guy whose ever hacked LFS anyway. Is this a mafia thing where they pay you protection money to protect them from ... you?

Fun for me doesn't include sitting on my arse in the middle of the night, staring at a screen, reaming some forum in a small, insular corner of the gaming universe and chuckling derisively like Comic Book Guy. It usually involves a combo of other humans, music, beer, games, movies - or at least just beer. Am I missing something? Please enlighten me.
Quote from djgizmo68 :So what makes you a "good" hacker?

Except posting this funny annoucement (and banning mods because they were removing it) I didn't do anything else
Quote from Phlos :Man, man man... there are SERIOUS security holes in Live for speed, believe me, and erasing everything is NOT the worst thing...

you mean... something like retrieving accounts data? O_O
Quote from Phlos :Man, man man... there are SERIOUS security holes in Live for speed, believe me, and erasing everything is NOT the worst thing...

glad you found out a 1 man team isn't capable of "it all"
Quote from Phlos :Except posting this funny annoucement (and banning mods because they were removing it) I didn't do anything else

Not the point, hacking is illegal full stop, I just hope the Devs take legal action
You all keep saying what an arse Phlos is, but he hasn't done any real damage has he?

He could have deleted the entire forum, I'm sure the devs make regular backups, but regardless, this would have been easy for him to do and would have been a major inconvenience.

I think a lot of people here jump on the bandwagon of criticizing him and always presuming the worst, and although his actions tonight can't really be defended, in the past he has been harshly treated imo.

Anyway, I don't want to get flamed so I won't share any more of my opinions with you .

Josh

just incase you didnt know. you do realise you just used a forum hack and nothing else dont you.... hope you wern't getting your hopes up.
Quote from joshdifabio :You all keep saying what an arse Phlos is, but he hasn't done any real damage has he?

He could have deleted the entire forum, I'm sure the devs make regular backups, but regardless, this would have been easy for him to do and would have been a major inconvenience.

I think a lot of people here jump on the bandwagon of criticizing him and always presuming the worst, and although his actions tonight can't really be defended, in the past he has been harshly treated imo.

Anyway, I don't want to get flamed so I won't share any more of my opinions with you .

Josh

this is true but with tonight it confirms peoples worries... if you think about it.
#99 - ev0
Thanks for answering. I don't understand your reasoning though - if you wanted a positive reponse, you could have written everything you could do to break in into a report to help the devs make things more secure, or even possibly get you to help make things more secure - much more professional. I suspect that the results of the route you chose to follow will be far less in your favour.
Quote from ev0 :Thanks for answering. I don't understand your reasoning though - if you wanted a positive reponse, you could have written everything you could do to break in into a report to help the devs make things more secure, or even possibly get you to help make things more secure - much more professional. I suspect that the results of the route you chose to follow will be far less in your favour.

You don't know the story between me and devs. They don't answer to me nor reading me. That's the only way now...
This thread is closed

What's with the announcement?
(280 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG