The online racing simulator
how about a diesel?

audi r8 v10 diesel
or
audi lemans diesel
or
just a good old bmw 330d
Quote from 010010011010 :how about a diesel?

audi r8 v10 diesel
or
audi lemans diesel
or
just a good old bmw 330d

The only good thing about diesels is fuel consumption and that isn't really an issue in simracing.
Quote from Joris :The only good thing about diesels is fuel consumption and that isn't really an issue in simracing.

diesels have torque
Quote from scania :electric Raceabout

umm all i can say to this is LOL and whats the point in having an electric one?
Quote from scania :diesels have torque

oh rly?

You know what.................petrols have torque too!
Diesels sound crap, not good for simracing.
In Live For Speed S3 I would like to see a Nissan Silvia S14!

Oh wait, it's already here! Thank you LFS Team!
Joke, and S14 is not even that car what I would like to see.
Quote from G!NhO :
You know what....petrols have torque too!

Yeah, turbocharged petrol engines have good torque too, and not just for 2000 rpm .

Electric engines.. They have torque too, and they just go and go and go. Silent.
"Dammit, I missed the apex speed..
-How'd you figure..?
I could tell from the wind noise"

It would be nice to have them all in the end, electrics, diesel, for diversity.. but .

Regarding the thread.. Stock BMW E30, M20B25 engine, maybe a competitor for the scirocco with its less weight.. (roughly 1100 kg & 170hp =~154 hp/ton vs scirocco 1280kg & 200 hp=~ 156hp/ton).

They do indeed but you need revs to turn it into power. Torque alone is nothing.

A diesel still lacks throttle response compared to an otto engine.
V8 Supercars...... great for the game, 680hp sedans Holden and Ford. They have a few classes so u could offer a demo, S1 & S2 version. And Bathurst is a track to consider as it would have to be the most challenging circut for GT cars, with the use of the 7L V8 Holden Monaro.... Australia have some great cars that can put a Porche to shame!
Quote from Wombatclay :V8 Supercars...... great for the game, 680hp sedans Holden and Ford. They have a few classes so u could offer a demo, S1 & S2 version. And Bathurst is a track to consider as it would have to be the most challenging circut for GT cars, with the use of the 7L V8 Holden Monaro.... Australia have some great cars that can put a Porche to shame!

i loled
White '70 Dodge Challenger and Formula 3
Only some of subaru or audi Quattro in GTR class... than that will bee a monster !
Quote from spyxter :White '70 Dodge Challenger and Formula 3

Yer, there needs to be a classic muscle car!

Not sure about Formula 3. Isn't that what the Formula V8 is already?
Quote from STF :Yeah, turbocharged petrol engines have good torque too, and not just for 2000 rpm .

Electric engines.. They have torque too, and they just go and go and go. Silent.
"Dammit, I missed the apex speed..
-How'd you figure..?
I could tell from the wind noise"

It would be nice to have them all in the end, electrics, diesel, for diversity.. but .

Regarding the thread.. Stock BMW E30, M20B25 engine, maybe a competitor for the scirocco with its less weight.. (roughly 1100 kg & 170hp =~154 hp/ton vs scirocco 1280kg & 200 hp=~ 156hp/ton).

If you want an electric car just kill the engine sounds and there you go ^^
None of de above

Now seriously, Class Capped car editor

Class is determinated by weight to power ratio
Quote from MadCat360 :Yer, there needs to be a classic muscle car!

Not sure about Formula 3. Isn't that what the Formula V8 is already?

Formula V8 is supposed to be what Formula 3000 used to and what GP2 is now
Formula 3 is a bit slower than GP2 and, I think, faster than FOX.

Petrol engines with equally big turbochargers have a lot more torque and twice the amount of hp output of the diesel.

I drive myself an diesel, it drives nice but the equivalent petrol engine with comparable turbo pressure is a serious amount faster see the fowllowing examples( Site is dutch though )
Diesel*:
http://www.autoweek.nl/carbase ... php?id=26212&cache=no
petrol*:
http://www.autoweek.nl/carbase ... php?id=30580&cache=no
*Both cars have usually a higher topspeed than stated in specifications
pk=hp
vermogen=power
koppel=torgue
tpm=rpm=revs per minute

However maximum radius on one tank of diesel is 1400-1500km though so i catch up at the gasstations

Hope this will really clarify for diesel enthusiasts that diesel engines do not have more power than comparable petrol engines and maximum torque is actually very similar. But the petrol engine has a much wider powerband and feels like it has more torgue.

Since this is the topic about cars we wanna see in lfs: Race version of volvo 240 or 740
Quote from Not Sure :A "drift car" so that drifters would finally shut up about it, and it would be easier to filter those servers out.

I agree lol
Quote from Bluebird B B :Petrol engines with equally big turbochargers have a lot more torque and twice the amount of hp output of the diesel.

I drive myself an diesel, it drives nice but the equivalent petrol engine with comparable turbo pressure is a serious amount faster see the fowllowing examples( Site is dutch though )
Diesel*:
http://www.autoweek.nl/carbase ... php?id=26212&cache=no
petrol*:
http://www.autoweek.nl/carbase ... php?id=30580&cache=no
*Both cars have usually a higher topspeed than stated in specifications
pk=hp
vermogen=power
koppel=torgue
tpm=rpm=revs per minute

However maximum radius on one tank of diesel is 1400-1500km though so i catch up at the gasstations

Hope this will really clarify for diesel enthusiasts that diesel engines do not have more power than comparable petrol engines and maximum torque is actually very similar. But the petrol engine has a much wider powerband and feels like it has more torgue.

Since this is the topic about cars we wanna see in lfs: Race version of volvo 240 or 740

but the out put curve is different
Petrol car need to wait the maxium torque come, but diesel car can supply power very fast
that's what I want
Attached images
cmx_00000010.jpg
I'm not some kind of fanboy,but maybe Bugatti Veyron,Brawn GP,Porsche 911 GT3 RS,Mazda RX-7 F3DS?
make a brawn skin and u have it
Quote from scania :that's what I want

Ok, please go away with your electric shit...

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG