The online racing simulator
Finland stages are always awesome. Great driver. Young guy too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcHYnWwqWE

Video of some testing last week. Change of tyre brand has left me clueless on setup and driving technique. Anyway, was playing with my new camera and thought of some angles. This view is pretty cool. Its central to my POV, not on the side, not above, but almost dead on eye level.
What is this trickery?!?!?! What? A right turn?

Blasphemy.
Quote from scipy :What is this trickery?!?!?! What? A right turn?

Blasphemy.

One of the cars in the race was actually forced to pit early because turning both left and right was starving the fuel pick-ups in the tank. I lol'd
Anbody know why they sit so close to the steering wheel and why the wheel has to be so big?

Please enlighten me.
Quote from Forbin :Looks like the guy in the third one just ran out of talent.

Looked more like a stuck throttle or something, he didn't seem to brake late, and didn't slow down at all. Maybe that's just because he locked the wheels though.

That big crash at the end was pretty scary, glad everyone walked away from it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Looked more like a stuck throttle or something, he didn't seem to brake late, and didn't slow down at all. Maybe that's just because he locked the wheels though.

That big crash at the end was pretty scary, glad everyone walked away from it.

"Hamlin blew a tire coming down the hill to Turn 1, which in turn cut his brake line."

How the hell does that even happen? A cut brake line from a blown tire? Sounds like poor design. Although, this is nascar we're talking about.
Quote from amp88 :One of the cars in the race was actually forced to pit early because turning both left and right was starving the fuel pick-ups in the tank. I lol'd

Somebody forgot to change the fuel pick-up location on their car I do beleive (They are allowed to change that I would hope).
Quote from Forbin :"Hamlin blew a tire coming down the hill to Turn 1, which in turn cut his brake line."

How the hell does that even happen? A cut brake line from a blown tire? Sounds like poor design. Although, this is nascar we're talking about.

Stuck throttle > locked brakes > blows tire > chunk rips off brake line > wall.

For such a basic incident, I'm surprised you can't wrap your head around it.

I guess in your eyes, he ran out of talent too.
Quote from pipa :Anbody know why they sit so close to the steering wheel and why the wheel has to be so big?

Please enlighten me.

Leverage.

The cars have power steering, but even so they turn relatively slowly and weigh a ton.
Quote from Forbin :"Hamlin blew a tire coming down the hill to Turn 1, which in turn cut his brake line."

I've seen it happen in bike racing as well.
Quote from PMD9409 :Stuck throttle > locked brakes > blows tire > chunk rips off brake line > wall.

For such a basic incident, I'm surprised you can't wrap your head around it.

I guess in your eyes, he ran out of talent too.

Where does it say Hamlin's throttle was stuck? How often are they locking up that the tire eventually blows? How does a tire that is no longer spinning chunk in such a way that it takes out a brake line? Why are the brake lines located in such a vulnerable area that they are prone to getting cut?
Quote from Forbin :Where does it say Hamlin's throttle was stuck? How often are they locking up that the tire eventually blows? How does a tire that is no longer spinning chunk in such a way that it takes out a brake line? Why are the brake lines located in such a vulnerable area that they are prone to getting cut?

Give it up, Forbin. Don't be such an ass.
Quote from Forbin :Where does it say Hamlin's throttle was stuck? How often are they locking up that the tire eventually blows? How does a tire that is no longer spinning chunk in such a way that it takes out a brake line? Why are the brake lines located in such a vulnerable area that they are prone to getting cut?

1. Anyone with common sense can tell his throttle was stuck.
2. Kurt Busch, same race. I even linked to it.
3. A tire that is no longer spinning? It does rotate after he cleared T1 and went over the outside curb. That must be too sophisticated for you.
4. Where are you going to put them? A blown tire can rip through everything around it, even through the fenders. Let me tell NASCAR you want invisible and untouchable brake lines.

Your ignorant troll side fits you the best. Shows the true common sense you are lacking. Please continue.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG