The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :1. Anyone with common sense can tell his throttle was stuck.
2. Kurt Busch, same race. I even linked to it.
3. A tire that is no longer spinning? It does rotate after he cleared T1 and went over the outside curb. That must be too sophisticated for you.
4. Where are you going to put them? A blown tire can rip through everything around it, even through the fenders. Let me tell NASCAR you want invisible and untouchable brake lines.

Your ignorant troll side fits you the best. Shows the true common sense you are lacking. Please continue.

An "ignorant troll" makes appeals to common sense with no cold logic nor solid evidence to support his claims.
Quote from Forbin :An "ignorant troll" makes appeals to common sense with no cold logic nor solid evidence to support his claims.

My point exactly. Thanks for only responding to that bit, I knew you wouldn't be able to understand the rest.
Who is able to understand the "common sense" of a vehement nascar fan like yourself? It shows your true character that you respond to questions with name-calling.

I'm not saying they're all like you, but apparently some are.
Quote from Forbin :Looks like the guy in the third one just ran out of talent.

The guy in the red car in the fourth one didn't have any respect for the car ahead. Was there any penalty involved?

Quote from Forbin :"Hamlin blew a tire coming down the hill to Turn 1, which in turn cut his brake line."

How the hell does that even happen? A cut brake line from a blown tire? Sounds like poor design. Although, this is nascar we're talking about.

Quote from Forbin :Who is able to understand the "common sense" of a vehement nascar fan like yourself? It shows your true character that you respond to questions with name-calling.

I'm not saying they're all like you, but apparently some are.

You were saying?
Odd, I thought NASCAR was the thing Americans would only argue about in private inter-American discussions.

Not being the one in the cockpit I can't really see the big deal about the blown tyre rupturing the brake line unless it's a common occurrence and from what I gather it isn't. So unless there are stats to back it up there's no point in blaming the design. By the way, are they still called cars of tomorrow?
Quote from PMD9409 :You were saying?

What are you trying to say here?

Quote #1, Part 1: This was my impression based on viewing the video alone, prior to doing the research on what happened.

Quote #1, Part 2: I don't see how this is even debatable. The red car should have tucked in behind the car in front to avoid contact. Instead he just went where he wanted to be, despite there being a car in the way, and ended up taking the guy out, causing a huge wreck.

Quote #2: An honest question following some research into what happened. No mention was made of a stuck throttle in the articles I read. Furthermore, I've never heard of a brake line getting cut as a result of a blowout in any other series, thus my estimate that it must have been an engineering flaw.
Quote from xaotik :Odd, I thought NASCAR was the thing Americans would only argue about in private inter-American discussions.

Not being the one in the cockpit I can't really see the big deal about the blown tyre rupturing the brake line unless it's a common occurrence and from what I gather it isn't. So unless there are stats to back it up there's no point in blaming the design. By the way, are they still called cars of tomorrow?

I don't hear them say car of tomorrow too much if at all anymore. They do however say it alittle in the second-tier series (Nationwide), because those cars are actually new this year.

Quote from Forbin :What are you trying to say here?

Quote #1, Part 1: This was my impression based on viewing the video alone, prior to doing the research on what happened.

Quote #1, Part 2: I don't see how this is even debatable. The red car should have tucked in behind the car in front to avoid contact. Instead he just went where he wanted to be, despite there being a car in the way, and ended up taking the guy out, causing a huge wreck.

Quote #2: An honest question following some research into what happened. No mention was made of a stuck throttle in the articles I read. Furthermore, I've never heard of a brake line getting cut as a result of a blowout in any other series, thus my estimate that it must have been an engineering flaw.

I'm still trying to figure out if you are trolling or playing stupid.

1. I'm pretty sure Denny could have stopped a car in well over 500 feet. The dude nearly won the championship last year. The video clearly shows the brakes locked for a long time with the car not slowing down. Where you get "driver ran out of talent" makes me wonder.

2. Here. Same incident last season, only Boris got the bad end of the stick. This time Boris did what Tony did. It's the last lap, if you don't give room to a 3500lb car, then that's your fault.

3. First time for everything. Notice how my F1 video shows their can be wacky flaws in any form of motorsports. If not, there would never be a mechanical failure. So once again, you are making no sense.

Get what I am saying now? I'm starting to think that crash you had on your bike resulted in you hitting your head.
Quote from PMD9409 :1. I'm pretty sure Denny could have stopped a car in well over 500 feet. The dude nearly won the championship last year. The video clearly shows the brakes locked for a long time with the car not slowing down. Where you get "driver ran out of talent" makes me wonder.

No driver is perfect. Plenty have run into situations where they ran out of talent. Locking up the front brake is a pretty common one in motorbike racing, as is using too much throttle on exit and getting tossed. Championship contenders are not immune.

His rate of deceleration appeared to be consistent with a big, heavy car going downhill with the brakes locked.

Quote from PMD9409 :2. Here. Same incident last season, only Boris got the bad end of the stick. This time Boris did what Tony did. It's the last lap, if you don't give room to a 3500lb car, then that's your fault.

There was room, behind the car ahead. The red car chose to be aggressive about it and the officials look the other way, probably because it gives a good show to the unscrupulous fans. That just strikes me as A) poor sportsmanship and B) poor officiating.

Quote from PMD9409 :
3. First time for everything. Notice how my F1 video shows their can be wacky flaws in any form of motorsports. If not, there would never be a mechanical failure. So once again, you are making no sense.

I never said other series are immune to poor engineering, only that this appeared to be an instance of such.

Quote from PMD9409 :Get what I am saying now? I'm starting to think that crash you had on your bike resulted in you hitting your head.

Would you like to get all your ad hominems out now or are you going to save them for the next time you get offended by something I say about nascar?
Ignoring the argument I would like to post a comment reguarding the Boris Said, David Regan, and David Reutiman crash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo8FWtXxlHc

Go to this video at 3:30. David in the 6 failed to give Boris in the 51 the room which he needed to stay on the racing surface. Wth the grass closing in quickly Boris made the only choice he had left, which was to attempt to pull in line. If he dropped back in line there was another car (Regan Smith) that he would have had to make contact with as well. In the end it's a case of David Regan not giving Boris Said enough room to stay on the racing surface, and Boris simply took the only option given to him. I'm sure he didn't mean to crash him, but he did want to move him over to give himself a place on the track. The cars just happened to be so aligned as to that David was fish tailed into the Armco barrier.

I see it as an honest racing incident.

In other news... why doesn't F1 go to Watkin's Glen anymore?
I'm pretty sure it's simply not up to the safety standards, particularly with regards to lack of runoff. Same reason bikes don't go there.
I don't get the cut brake line either - the flailing rubber would tend to spin OUTWARDS away from the brake lines which, I would presume, travel along the suspension inside of the tyre diameter.

I've seen a LOT of stuff damaged by a blown tyre, but never a brake line.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't get the cut brake line either - the flailing rubber would tend to spin OUTWARDS away from the brake lines which, I would presume, travel along the suspension inside of the tyre diameter.

I'd accept it if there were proof, I don't think it's impossible, but I had the same reaction.

There was certainly something wrong with that car, though. Not just a driver error, unless the error was that he hit both brake and accelerator at the same time, or something equally ridiculous.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't get the cut brake line either - the flailing rubber would tend to spin OUTWARDS away from the brake lines which, I would presume, travel along the suspension inside of the tyre diameter.

Well, a delaminating tire can knock all kinds of shit loose under the hood, and if it knocked something loose that subsequently knocked into the brake line...

i.e., it doesn't have to be the rubber itself that knocked the line loose.

But from what I saw, his front tires (left, at least) were locked and the rear tires were being driven. Seems more like a hung throttle than a cut brake line to me.

Quote from sinbad :I'd accept it if there were proof, I don't think it's impossible, but I had the same reaction.

There was certainly something wrong with that car, though. Not just a driver error, unless the error was that he hit both brake and accelerator at the same time, or something equally ridiculous.

What about just the rears failing? Piece of debris from the front comes back and knocks out the rear? Afterall his fronts were locked, but his rear tires were still spinning quickly.

Edit: Freakin Ben.

I still think it was a pinned throttle, but everything says it is brakes. Makes no sense.
@DWB: Same to me. If a locked front had blown, then the rubber wouldn't be spinning/flailing, so couldn't cut anything. And as he was able to lock his fronts clearly meant he could generate front brake pressure. I doubt the right-rear had deflated judging the car trajectory.

So I'm with Forbin on this one.

If debris from something HAD damaged his rear brake line (I doubt it was debris from itself, as the car looked okay), then he'd still be able to make the turn a lot more than he did.

But the fact that the rear wheels weren't being driven by the road, but clearly being driven by the engine (look at the slip) suggests it has to be a WOT.
Rear brakes would make sence on Hamlin. His tires weren't causing a drive, but he knew he wasn't going to make the turn as soon as he entered the braking zone based on the way that he started turning towards the rigt as soon as he got there.

I don't know how a stock car's brake system works, but it looks like he might have realized that the brakes weren't responding and immedielty tried to turn towards the right to soften the hit. However his front brakes were locked and he couldn't make the turn anyways due to is speed. I'd going to say his ear brakes failed, but I know just as little as the rest of us do.
Quote from tristancliffe :But the fact that the rear wheels weren't being driven by the road, but clearly being driven by the engine (look at the slip) suggests it has to be a WOT.

If you look at the left rear, it looks like it stops spinning as it goes light over the crest at the white line. That could just be an optical illusion based upon the framerate and rate of rotation, though.
I understand it's rally racing,, but I'd think they'd try to protect things like that on the side of the track if they could..
that's not rally racing ^^ in rally race you are driving alone on a track not in field

Yeah that is mental...but I have something worse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... VQB4I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA01dUhdPY

Well I think everyone have already seen the end of this movie, but I doubt everyone have seen the begining (it was hold by french autorities during years). So here is the worst crash of motorsport history from flag to flag :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... KJN6k&feature=related

so definitely because of Mike Hawthorn...

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG