The online racing simulator
how can you emulate vtec changeover sounds when csr overlaps the sounds between mid and high range sound files a lot so you can't get that immediate change in frequency...
and quick question...what settings should I be using to make these sounds more blended? ie. what level on csr dial? and what level on in game lfs car sound settings?
Quote from jamesgp2viper :The truth is, you are right that the gearbox noise should be relative to RPM. .

The output shaft on the transmission is spinning a lot faster at 200KM than it is at 50K, regardless of engine RPM!

fair point - never heard one that loud though

I adjusted this soundset to suit my tastes, the transmission whine is far lower, gearshifts sound the same regardless of h-pattern position, a little gearbox noise when you back off, and a lower pitch on the engine, are the basics. Sounds great to my ears now, so I'm happy - thanks for your work on this James.

My modified one can be found here
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdriver/LX6_csr_blowtus.zip
XRR Soundset (for use with CSR)
Quote from michaelnyden :how can you emulate vtec changeover sounds when csr overlaps the sounds between mid and high range sound files a lot so you can't get that immediate change in frequency...

Nope you can't, But you can sure get the change with the FZ5 at about 9000 RPM illepall . Just a slight problem.
is anyone willing to take on this project? I have a rather large avi collection of which was made using the fraps program (which rips avi's of in game including the sound)...I have a bunch of cars out of need for speed underground 2 in which they took actual recordings of these cars from real life (and they are not modded in the game at all)...in either case I turned all other sounds down except for the engine sound and recorded a bunch of cars holding the rpm steady at two or three different points throughout the tach...I didn't capture or rip out the audio tracks since I wanted to leave the video there for you to see what I did and what car it is.

they include suburu STI, nissan skyline, nissan 350z, mazda miata, honda civic, pontiac gto, and a bunch of other cars..ie. evo, 3000gt, rx7 etc.
anyway, if anyone wants a large library of actual good quality car sounds to work from and anyone who is skilled at making sounds for CSR...you can download the packs here:
http://www.larrychendesign.com/mike/lfs_csr_sounds/

I would do it, but other than fraps, I have no idea how to make good sounds for CSR...

btw, what settings should I be using to make everything sound more natural...meaning the engine/car sound in LFS audio menu...what level should that be at and what level should CSR be at?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
For some reason I can't download, dunno if Filefront servers are just down or something.
Ok, I am converting the files to .WAV format and looping them. I should be done in a while.
Quote from skstibi :Ok, I am converting the files to .WAV format and looping them. I should be done in a while.

Sweet, can't wait.
Quote from Blowtus :fair point - never heard one that loud though

I adjusted this soundset to suit my tastes, the transmission whine is far lower, gearshifts sound the same regardless of h-pattern position, a little gearbox noise when you back off, and a lower pitch on the engine, are the basics. Sounds great to my ears now, so I'm happy - thanks for your work on this James.

My modified one can be found here
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdriver/LX6_csr_blowtus.zip

I tried yours and is a bit better, but still some sounds are REALLY annoying..
Don't know if you noticed but you are in top speed going down some straight, there is some repetative sound and it is driving me crazy, it just goes round and round and it really hurts my ears.. I wonder if you could take a look at that James, and fix it..?
Both yours and DaveWS versions have good sides, but non of them isn't quite there yet..
Quote :here is some repetative sound and it is driving me crazy,

Is it the roadnoise sound? That was the problem I found with Yama's FZR mod. I switched it over to a less obvious sound (that I found in the roadnoise folder) and now it's cool. Maybe someone could work on the other one (needs to be longer). Maybe I will if no-one else does.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Is it the roadnoise sound?

No, it's not the road noise, i heard that annoying sound before V.0.3.
It's the sound when LX6 is doing top speed, and it can't go any faster.. then there is that anoying repetative sound.. Try it with the headphones if you have one, it is much noticable with them, and my head really started hurting because of that...
drag the volume offset of the throttle on drivetrain noise down to 0 and see if that is what you're talking about Boris. If not it must be in the high revs throttle on sample...
FZ50 Soundset (for use with CSR)
Thanks to Yamakawa i've finally got the FZ50 to work! I've made a little preview of what it sounds like still needs some work but tell me what you think anyway.
Attached files
FZ50.rar - 1.7 MB - 920 views
good enough for me to want it, where's the soundset and dat?
sounds like a lawn mower farting
Sounds juicy.

Where the original sample are from? At some point (maybe on_low or on_mid sample) sounds like it's been originally used in external camera view.
Me wants
So when do we get to have it??
Should be way way smoother not quite sure what this is meant to be I guess you weren't trying to emulate a 911, still sounds pretty cool though.
Quote from Turner89 :Thanks to Yamakawa i've finally got the FZ50 to work! I've made a little preview of what it sounds like still needs some work but tell me what you think anyway.

very good It is very smooth from low to High.range is matched, too.
I think that it will supplement Synth engine of LFS and can do mix well if it does.not Replacement.
i think the thread has a deceiving title.
As far as the preview, sounds nice, if a bit too ruff for a normal porsche, boxter engine.
That's freakin' scary!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG