The online racing simulator
#76 - troy
i thought about that yesterday, and then set up a small page to upload files
now just waiting for the hoster the make my php upload limit bigger
after it should work (i hope so) atm its just to look at:

http://troy.i3h.de/csr/
(i divided it now by classes if you have a better idea just say it)

if you like it everybody is invited to upload his soundsets there from now
no waiting times and should be fast and stable 99% of the year
that way we could do just one new thread advertising the page so people can look out there for new stuff
and you dont spam the board anymore
nice, but what program do i need to play the .DAT files?
It seems that the transmission noise is depending on engine speed! Or your engine samples are a bit strange?

Sounds funny to me.
Quote from NeonMuffler :nice, but what program do i need to play the .DAT files?

Please... just read his post. :doh:

PS: you don't "play" .dat files.
Quote from Breizh :Quit spammin..

Ok I won't bother spamming my new FZR sound set on this board then
I'm pretty certain he was referring to Boris Lozac's completely pointless post mate. Plese go ahead and post that FZR

Quote from jamesgp2viper :Ok I won't bother spamming my new FZR sound set on this board then

Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn, it sounded better on that preview..
After testing it, i still find Turners version with Dave's DAT better..

I made the preview with CSR volume turned down to 1. This is how these sounds work best, because they blend really well with the original LFS engine sound.
I like this sound very much JamesGP Keep on the good work.
hey, i got a question i dunno if i should be posting here, but, nstead of using the Gear whine or road noises could u possibly make a Turbo Spooling sound?
Quote from jamesgp2viper :I made the preview with CSR volume turned down to 1. This is how these sounds work best, because they blend really well with the original LFS engine sound.

I played a bit with the volume slider and i gotta say it is good, very good actually. Yesterday i tried it with my headphones, but now on the speakers it sounds pretty good! I like how you don't have to turn down the LFS engine sounds, now i hear the tires and i have the good sound.

And WTF about my useless post!!?? How was it useless, i am curious..!
We discussed this sounds in the Carsound remixer thread, and i heard the preview which sounded really good, so i asked James if he could post the sounds so i can try them, but it sounded different when i tried it home.. (because of the headphones and because my CSR was at 10)..
It's not like i bumped the thread and made a useless post..
Please guys, i don't want this wrong acusations like "quit spamming" and "what a useless post" ... i was talking to James.. who the f**k asked you anything??
If you don't want other people to comment do it in private, this is an open forum for anyone to read and comment, so whats with the attitude. Your post contributed absolutely nothing, not even a description of why you found the other LX6 mod "better".
Quote from Rtsbasic : Your post contributed absolutely nothing, not even a description of why you found the other LX6 mod "better".

I just stated my opinion on the sounds..
It's just like someone makes a new skin for example, and someone says "the first version was better"... it was just my first impression.
Do you ask other people who comment some Movie for example, and say: "hey, that movie is great", do you ask him why he thinks it is great??

I just stated my impression that on that Preview it sounded better than what i am hearing now.. and it turned out that in the preview the CSR volume was at 1..
So how come was it uselles post??? James told me that he set CSR to 1, and i did the same, cranked the LFS volume a bit, and WOILAA it sounds like on the preview...
How could i know otherwise why i get different sound than his, if i didn't comment that it doesn't sound like in preview?? jeeezzz... !
i mean, the way the whine works is it gets louder the faster you go correct?, cant a turbo spool work the same way?, just gets louder as you pick up rpm, same as the gear whine but kick in faster? except it resets itself soon as a gearswitch happens?
Undue monopoly
My post was for James.
James, make one thread with all your goodies... It'll stay on top of the topics, so everyone knows it's staying up to date, and won't flood out the other topics.
I have to say, I'm going to stop using these sounds. Now, it's not because I don't like the sound of them, but since I tried them I had two BSODs, everytime after driving a few minutes in the LX6.

Now, normally I'd instantly blame CSR, but I'm using some different ones for the LX4 and I yet have to experience a problem with them. So it's probably not CSR alone that causes this, but maybe a certain way the .dat is set up.
@jamesgp2viper

This is good one thanks m8. Do u make any to LX4 later ?
the engine sounds pretty good on it's own, just revving - but it sounds like a jet plane taking off when you accelerate along the straights. not sure what that whine is meant to simulate? Gearbox whine is engine speed dependant, not road speed...

edit: seems like this may be an intrinsic issue to the carsound remixer. Fair enough. Still don't like it
#93 - troy
i made a soundsets database site for people to download CSR packs
its empty atm but i hope it will be filled the next days
so if you can do csr user sounds your invited to make an account to upload files

http://troy.i3h.de/csr/
for people who just want to download stuff its free and no account required
nice thx
there should be a sticky thread to your CSR-database imho
#95 - troy
yep i think i do an own post for the csr thingy sometime
but first i need some content or permission to upload files created here
will ask some of the regular soundmakin guys and then see how it runs
you might want to explain what CSR is for people who dont know. at least put it in brackets after the 1st time you use it.
Quote from NitsuJhasfun :i mean, the way the whine works is it gets louder the faster you go correct?, cant a turbo spool work the same way?, just gets louder as you pick up rpm, same as the gear whine but kick in faster? except it resets itself soon as a gearswitch happens?

You should aim for a realistic turbo spooling sound which would be tied to impeller RPM & boost pressure.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :You should aim for a realistic turbo spooling sound which would be tied to impeller RPM & boost pressure.

isnt that basicly what i said lol?
Quote from Blowtus :the engine sounds pretty good on it's own, just revving - but it sounds like a jet plane taking off when you accelerate along the straights. not sure what that whine is meant to simulate? Gearbox whine is engine speed dependant, not road speed...

edit: seems like this may be an intrinsic issue to the carsound remixer. Fair enough. Still don't like it

This is quite funny because in the main CSR thread someone said the exact opposite to that. They said the whine noise should NOT be rev dependant but relative to vehicle speed.

The truth is, you are right that the gearbox noise should be relative to RPM. However I believe LX6 is a road car and does not have a racing gearbox. The whining noise you hear with my LX6 is meant to simulate the sound of the differential which of course spins at vehicle speed not engine speed. Most sports cars for the road have this kind of sound coming from the diff, I don't think there are any LSD's that are silent.
fair enough, at least it's been thought about. I've never heard a car develop anything like that level of dif whine before, usually just a boomy wind noise and monotonous tyre drone...
even with the standard road car gearbox you'll still hear a bit from sportscars, I'd expect particularly so on the 'raw' variety like lx6.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG