The online racing simulator
The UFR/LX4 both sound like the original samples were GT V8s or similar I think that is the issue here.
It seemed a bit lost on the XRR so I put it on the LX6 and upped the frequency by 10000 and added some backfire and it sounded spine chillingly awesome on a highly responsive n/a engine
XRT soundsets
Am driving the xrt at the moment, so made a soundset for it. It uses a number of sounds and portions from the other soundsets, the engine sound is from James's lx6 soundset, but this sounds different because of the lower revs and turbo. I like it and figured others may get some use out of it. Designed to be used with a csr volume of 1.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdriver/XRT_csr_blowtus.zip
Quote from OoOSLIDE_OR_DIEOoO :does any 1 have any skyline or honda or subaru soundsets if u could help much appreciated even make 1 for me PLZ PLZ IM DEPRITT AHHHH......

what the hell? please use proper English next time
XRG Request
Although im having a go myself, im finding it a little tricky to get this sound stuff down. Im looking for a soundpack for the XRG emulating the sound of a prepped AE86, if anyone has some media i can use or can help me on my way, then post something! Perhaps a decent tutorial on what i need and what i should be doing exactly
Quote from Rooble :Although im having a go myself, im finding it a little tricky to get this sound stuff down. Im looking for a soundpack for the XRG emulating the sound of a prepped AE86, if anyone has some media i can use or can help me on my way, then post something! Perhaps a decent tutorial on what i need and what i should be doing exactly

seconded

i also want a good 4a-ge sound maybe like the TRD N2 ae86 has
i tried to make one using the hot version ae86 special video, but the sound quality was too low and i couldnt get long samples so i didnt succeded in this.
would be nice a proper 4A-GE 20v sound for my levin
Attached images
koukilevin_xrg.jpg
Yes that car is lovely! Well the engine more so! Im not too keen on japanese cars, but this is one of those rare few cars that any car lover could just accept as brilliant. Only other of course being the NSX Type-R

Ill keep hunting for sources and see what i can come up with, hopefuly someone else can chip in too! But we will see!
I dont think theres enough to get from it, i could be wrong, also theres alot of wind noise and other nasty stuff, but thanks anyway!
Quote from Rooble :I dont think theres enough to get from it, i could be wrong, also theres alot of wind noise and other nasty stuff, but thanks anyway!

I'm at work so couldn't listen to it, I remember it has a screaming engine though
Quote from deggis :You mean it doesn't sound on your computer same as the preview clip, or that the preview clip doesn't sound like the real sample? If the latter one, difference is that real is always real, in a game you don't have a real engine producing the engine noise.

preview clip doesnt sound like the real one m8

sorry i just thought u might be able to make the csr sound a bit more throatyer mid and high range as the real sound sounds awsome mid to high sorry jamesgp2viper you doing a great job.
stuck at work and after hearing that i want to go home thats going straight into my lfs folder cant w8 to go home now thanks buddy
naisssssss
nah,don't like 'em dey r not so realistic,original sound is better in lfs...
anyone has a ingame sound sample.
UF1 sounds sweet - although it does go strangely quiet when off the throttle. None the less it sounds good, would love to get hold of this. UFR could be good as well after a little work..didn't care for the LX4 one though, just didn't fit the type of car in my opinion.
Ok, points noted. back the drawing board, as they say.

The samples are actualy from a game some of you may be familiar with, RallyTrophy.

These are the car samples that I used:
LX4 = Opel Kadett Rallye 1969
UFR = Lancia Stratos HF 1972
UF1 = Mini Cooper S 1969

note: With the exception of the Mini, I did not choose the samples based on engine similaritys to the LFS cars, more because I thought they might work well with the car, which may have been a mistake. Also the fact that the samples are from seriously old school engines probably doesnt help.
no GT V8s im affraid .

Im guessing most ppl seem to like being able to mix the original LFS sound with the CSR sound, which I was trying to avoid. I had been trying to make sounds with the LFS engine volume off. (secretly hoping Scawen might make a specific engine sound "slider") . We need to be able to hear wind noise and tyre sounds properly, plus the LFS engine sound is pretty good for a guide on RPMs and pitch frequency to match and when working on my next CSR I will keep that in mind.

I actually kind of like that low end "chug chug chug" rumble in the UFR sound. Is it totaly unrealistic to use that for any car in LFS?

Again thanks for your input, Ill post my further developments here
CSR volume 1? I played with 10 and LFS volume around 10 too and it was good.
Quote from DratsaB :note: With the exception of the Mini, I did not choose the samples based on engine similaritys to the LFS cars, more because I thought they might work well with the car, which may have been a mistake. Also the fact that the samples are from seriously old school engines probably doesnt help.

It doesn't matter from what kind of engine the samples are taken... I'm currently trying to fit Lamborghini's V12 on FZR. More important is the sound quality of the samples and how they good actually sound.
Sound Mod Idea
This is stupid but I hope someone will give it a try.

I was just checking the unofficial forum and discovered this game, "Racing Pitch", where you mimic the engine sound with your own voice and it will translate into engine revs, it's quite outrangeous how you do it, and I wonder can anyone make engine sound samples....for CSR..with your own voice?? That would be awesome.

(hope I don't get grilled by this)
only if we have multi with live audio.
Ahhh, what a simphony I miss the V10s in F1

BTW: Is that the infamous Supercharged V16 that couldn't start in it's debut at Silverstone? (IIRC)

Car Sound Remixer soundsets - please post all in here
(405 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG