The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's good, but there is TOO much whine in the background.. can you lower that a bit?? The engine itself sounds nice..

I could lower the volume of the transmission but then it wouldn't sound like a WTCC car, which I believe the XF GTR resembles in some ways.

Maybe in next version
Can someone post a mirror please. I cant download it !!
#29 - Vain
I like the gearbox sound and use it for several cars now, keeping the original engine sounds.
But, did you notice that the gearbox sound is slightly repetitive?

Vain
PUt this set to ftp or mirror please ....
Is there a way to use only the drivetrain noises, without the engine?
If there is I couldn't figure it out...
sounds great!! can't wait to get my mits on this one

just a suggestion, but couldn't all these sound packs be hosted on the LFS Database (check with the webmaster of course!)?
Quote from jamesgp2viper :Here is my second soundset release for LFS, the XF GTR Soundset...

This sound is great, I really like it
Keep up the good work!
UFR Soundset (for use with CSR)
Here is another sound set to use with Yamakawa's Car Sound ReMixer.

To install:
Unzip into your CSR folder,
Run CSR and tick the User checkbox,
Run LFS and select the UF GTR,
Enjoy the new realistic sounds!

Download (FileFront)
Mirror (RSC forum)
Attached files
UFR_Preview.mp3 - 772.5 KB - 1126 views
yes, very good job! thanks
That sounds sweet!! Another great mod from you Jamesgp.
Ye mate that sounds great will definitely use it! Where did you find the samples for this one?
Quote from Turner89 :Ye mate that sounds great will definitely use it! Where did you find the samples for this one?

Most of the engine sound is made from a video of a Honda S2000.
I have to say that you have done an excellent job with the XFR and FOX sounds, the blending and pitch is perfect, and the samples are great.

The UFR sounds good, but I did make a few changes with the idling for it.

All in all though impressive.
im just dickin around messing with the sound test feature on CSR, lol.. that UFR sounds GREAT at 11k rpm
So what did you do just record samples of low revs, mid revs and high revs from the video?
Well I made my BMW 2.4L V8 F1 sounds from a video of Robert Kubica onboard, and just cut out some sections, and levelled the pitch in an audio editor.
Yeah nice one thanks
Good work thanks for this one
but wait, if you recorded the sound straight from a s2000 video....where is the vtec/hi-cam switchover sound? wouldn't you hear it in a real s2000 video?
I am not sure but I would say that as you just have 4 samples to describe the engine sound when the throttle is on, you can't catch all the specificities.
LX6 sound pack for CSR
XFG sound pack for CSR

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG