The online racing simulator
Download it now. Thanks for this
this is all really great work! Not to be mean but you could have made just one thread :P
Well everyone else was making seperate threads, so I thought, why not?
Seperate threads are good, means we can see when new car sound packs are released.

Will give it a blast tomorrow
Sweet, anything for the LX4? Or a way to use these files for it?
I still find your first version of changing Turner's samples better than this one. That one is almost perfect, so close to perfect.. but this new one is totally different, not like caterham at all..
They sound amazingly similar to my UFR at high revs
Good work on these sounds, although I personally think they sound more like a 4 cylinder than a 6. I'll use them for the LX4.
Well I can assure you that that is not the case. If you don't believe me, open up the samples in Goldwave or something and compare them. They are different.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I still find your first version of changing Turner's samples better than this one. That one is almost perfect, so close to perfect.. but this new one is totally different, not like caterham at all..

But I thought that you said they would sound better if I beefed them up a bit. Ah well just stick with the old ones then.
I'm sorry I may be mistaken but they do sound similar when you listen in CSR edit mode. Would you mind saying what your sounds are based on? I'm guessing they are from a F360 Modena recording which has a very similar sound to a Honda S2000.
Quote from DaveWS :But I thought that you said they would sound better if I beefed them up a bit. Ah well just stick with the old ones then.

Well, now it sounds like a motorbike.. It lost that gruntier cool sound, but this new one is clearer i think.. I'll test it some more..
Quote from DaveWS :But I thought that you said they would sound better if I beefed them up a bit. Ah well just stick with the old ones then.

LOL
At least you tried!
They are based what I believe was 4cyl Seat Leon hatchback, but they have been edited.
could you provice a link for the "old" LX6 sound files?
Holy moly.

I'm now using these sounds for the LX4 - not because I think it doesn't fit the LX6 - I'm just driving the LX4 lately and its weeeEEEEEEEEEEEE sound is really starting to get on my nerves. So, I installed this CSR thingy and your sounds (using the old .dat file, though) and started driving a few laps.

I don't know why, but I almost instantly dropped my PB by about one second, probably even more if I hadn't messed up that last lap now. The back end seems to step out much more seldomly, I get the corners much better and the overall confidence is much higher.
My guesses are:
  1. Much more immersion letting me drift off into "the zone" much faster
  2. Much better feel for non full-throttle situations (corners), because it now sounds powerful even with half throttle
  3. Quieter tyre squeal, so I'm not so passive anymore (though, tyre temperatures were lower, because the rear wasn't stepping out all the time, due to point #2)
Having these sounds really makes me want improvements to the stock sound engine, but this will be doing it for a while now. Anyways, excellent work.
Quote from AndroidXP :
I don't know why, but I almost instantly dropped my PB by about one second

Because with LFS default sound the powerfull cars, especially RWD doesn't sound like a powerfull car at all, so you don't get immersion at all, and that was the reason why i hated FZR for example. But with these new sounds you really feel like driving a beast, and i no longer slide with RWD cars as much as i was before...
So the conclusion is that the feedback that generated sounds gives is not that important after all.
Quote from deggis :So the conclusion is that the feedback that generated sounds gives is not that important after all.

I am not sure anymore..
LX6 Soundset (for use with CSR)
Here is another sound set to use with Yamakawa's Car Sound ReMixer

I know there are various other LX6 sounds around, but I made my own with the true sound of a straight-six engine.

To install:
Unzip into your CSR folder,
Run CSR and tick the User checkbox,
Run LFS and select the LX6,
Now experience the joy of six

DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW
XRR Soundset (for use with CSR)
Here is another sound set to use with Yamakawa's Car Sound ReMixer

Based on the sounds of a Callaway Corvette, the thunderous growl of this car will make you respect it.

To install:
Unzip into your CSR folder,
Run CSR and tick the User checkbox,
Run LFS and select the XR GTR,
Get behind the wheel, if you're man enough!

DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW
Well, the feedback is still kind of there, as the LFS engine sounds still contribute to the whole sound. Turning the LFS sounds off completely makes the CSR sounds very weak and hollow. The mix is what makes it so good.
Damn, it sounded better on that preview..
After testing it, i still find Turners version with Dave's DAT better..
Quit spammin..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG