The online racing simulator
After using DaveWS's soundpack quite a bit this week, I've noticed the XRT has a bit of crackling/interference, more noticable on my headphones but its there with the stereo as well. The UF1 sounds a bit like the source sample was too low quality as well - sorta washed out sound. And the RB4 has an unusually loud/linear wind noise above ~90mph. But other than these small problems the soundpack is brilliant, makes LFS that bit more enjoyable
Quote from HurleyBoy :Is it possible to ask for a request for a soundfile to be made for a certain car? just wondering.

Why, the sound pack already has all the cars included?
make the font a little larger plz. I cant read that tiny print illepall

in DaveWS soundpack v2 theres a subaru wrx sound for the FXO. Copy and rename to the XRT and it should work. But the length of the range probably wont fit 100% as Dave made it for FXO.
Quote from HurleyBoy :No what I mean is if I wanted a certain car to sound a way I wanted it to, could someone make a soundfile for me to do that?

If you could supply some sample sounds I dont see why not.
ok, I misunderstood.

first you need to be more specific and maybe give the sound samples or good enough vids from a certain car.
Quote from HurleyBoy :No problem

Edit: heres a vid of how I want the car to sound (XRT by the way): http://videos.streetfire.net/c ... ee7-abcc-9877017d321a.htm

But as for the rest of the sounds like blow off valve, brakes, etc. I'd like the sounds be from this sound file if it isn't too much to ask.

http://rapidshare.com/files/4199460/FXR.rar.html

Of course, the XRT does have a HUGE V8 in it. illepall Maybe next year sometime if I can ever be bothered, I might do something, but anyway, if you buy S2, you can use all sounds from my pack with all of the cars.
Quote from Rtsbasic :After using DaveWS's soundpack quite a bit this week, I've noticed the XRT has a bit of crackling/interference, more noticable on my headphones but its there with the stereo as well. The UF1 sounds a bit like the source sample was too low quality as well - sorta washed out sound. And the RB4 has an unusually loud/linear wind noise above ~90mph. But other than these small problems the soundpack is brilliant, makes LFS that bit more enjoyable

Yeah some cars get a bit of interference, but I have no idea why. They have no interference when the samples are played themselves individually. As for the UF1, yeah thats probably my worst attempt. I didn't spend much time on the UF1 TBH. I'll check out the wind problem with the RB4 in a minute.

P.S. An interesting sound made for the UF1 by DratsaB is availible here if you're interested: http://troy.i3h.de/csr/index.php?directory=Rest/UF1&

Edit: Right, well I certainly can't hear any unusually loud wind noise in the RB4. Yes the should be some wind noise of course, and there is, but not that much.
Ok ive been messing with CSR for a few weeks now and after i while i thought i should release 1 of my sounds, so here it is, RB4 that sounds like a RX7 / RX8 or Rotory engine, I got the sounds from Racer but it sounds very good i think.

Ingame sound : 6

CSR Sound :16

Enjoy

Chapz
Attached files
RB4.rar - 1.5 MB - 1410 views
Very nice robert loving it.
Request from me Can some 1 make a audi s1 quattro sound set for the FXR? You all should know that sound because its the best car sound ever.
I've tried some mixing myself, but I am apparantly audio-phobic when it comes to editing, so I gave up after a while, but could anyone have a look at this video and tell me if it's possible to make a CSR remix of it?

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/index.html

It's one of the most amazing on-board videos around I guess, it has some awesome sounds throughout, and should have plenty of samples to extract. Of course the video there is flash, but I have the full video if someone is willing to put those sounds into a fitting LFS car, such as the FZR or FXR maybe?

Let me know
Quote from Jertje :I've tried some mixing myself, but I am apparantly audio-phobic when it comes to editing, so I gave up after a while, but could anyone have a look at this video and tell me if it's possible to make a CSR remix of it?

It's one of the most amazing on-board videos around I guess, it has some awesome sounds throughout, and should have plenty of samples to extract. Of course the video there is flash, but I have the full video if someone is willing to put those sounds into a fitting LFS car, such as the FZR or FXR maybe?

Let me know

It's amazing onboard but I think the sound quality is too low in the video for any good sound samples. And LFS doesn't have a similar car to the M3 GTR. GTR2 has M3 GTR but it sounds nothing like that in the video.
Quote from Jertje :I've tried some mixing myself, but I am apparantly audio-phobic when it comes to editing, so I gave up after a while, but could anyone have a look at this video and tell me if it's possible to make a CSR remix of it?

Let me know

No sorry, deggis is right. Too distorted, too many other interfering sounds (drivetrain, wind) to get any clean engine samples.
Quote from DaveWS :No sorry, deggis is right. Too distorted, too many other interfering sounds (drivetrain, wind) to get any clean engine samples.

Yeah, I sort of expected that. Too bad
Here Try This
REMOVED
would it be possible to make a set from this

i guess there are better videos to sample from.. but i just love the audi 5 cylinder turbo!
Does anybody have a set that sounds like a v8 supercar?
Use the editor... open CSR.exe, press that "down" button and then press edit, choose the car you wanna edit and then just play around with the sliders and values...
If you are all really good perhaps you could make a mod which allows csr to have a doplar effect when using a cinematic view
i know it sounds silly but what do u do after u have dl it i can not get the sounds in the game like where u save it and stuff thanks REDLINE BOSS
DaveWS... you said "I can now give up on CSR" in the test patch thread, does that mean you ain't gonna update this pack anymore? Or was that just a flying comment That would maybe needed after patch V release, because the LFS car sound pitches has changed a lot...
Since my webhosting company forces me to take action - I removed my mirror for the CSR v.2 soundsets. About 250-300 downloads were made from this mirror and if at least 1 person found these sounds helpful - I'm happy, too .
Quote from deggis :DaveWS... you said "I can now give up on CSR" in the test patch thread, does that mean you ain't gonna update this pack anymore? Or was that just a flying comment That would maybe needed after patch V release, because the LFS car sound pitches has changed a lot...

The pitches still match. Try it. Yes the sounds have changed a lot, but the pitches are the same.
were do i save this file into?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG