The online racing simulator
Car Sound Remixer soundsets - please post all in here
This is the first soundset of many I intend to release to be compatible with Yamakawa's excellent Car Sound ReMixer.

Download (FileFront)
Mirror (RSC forum)

To install:
Unzip into your CSR folder,
Run CSR and tick the User checkbox,
Run LFS and enjoy a realistic sounding Formula XR!
I dont see anything?
I've submitted it to BH Motorsports, I don't know how long it will take them to add it. The file is too big to attach on this forum
FOX Preview
This is what the FOX sounds like in LFS with the new sound set:
Attached files
PREVIEW.mp3 - 667.2 KB - 3898 views
Finally a sound mod for a car I drive! lol

I don't have time to test now (and it seems its not uploaded yet), so out of curiosity... what sounds are added in to the frey here? If there is tranny sounds and backfires I'll be first in line!
it sounds really better but it sounds a bit like a turbo car isnt it ?
Both links work, I just checked them.

And no the car is not supposed to sound turbo charged, but maybe you think the straight cut gearbox noise sounds similar to a turbo?
Quote from jamesgp2viper :Both links work, I just checked them.

And no the car is not supposed to sound turbo charged, but maybe you think the straight cut gearbox noise sounds similar to a turbo?

yeah, it sounded me like from a turbo car.Anyway,very good
Its got a whir that kind of sounds like a turbo or supercharger.
When you let off the throtlle it sounds like Yakamakawa FZR, that whine from GTR.. i don't think that that's how these formula sounds..
I've seen Formula Renault races many times and they make a lot of whining noise from their gearboxes, and they are very similar in terms of looks and performance to the Formula XR in LFS.

However I don't consider this soundset to be 'final' and I will improve them in future. If anyone has decent quality gear whine sounds that are not just from GTR/GTL please send me them!
the gearbox has a weird loopy sound at high speeds. Kinda sounds like a flying saucer from a 50s sci-fi movie
I'm sure this is a silly question, but what "CSR"? :spin: Is it the program that Yakamakawa made?
Yes it is mate!
Quote from Turner89 :Yes it is mate!

Thx Turner

EDIT: That FOX sounds sweet! Great mod.
XFR Soundset (for use with CSR)
Here is my second soundset release for LFS, the XF GTR Soundset. This addon is to be used in conjunction with Yamakawa's Car Sound ReMixer.

To install:
Unzip the file into your CSR folder,
Run CSR and tick the User checkbox,
Run LFS and enjoy a realistic sounding XF GTR!

Download (FileFront)
Mirror (RSC forum)
Attached files
PREVIEW.mp3 - 1.1 MB - 2522 views
sweet! great job dude! keep making more sounds!
Yup, keep em comin' Great work, sounds really nice. :lovies3d:
you should do some sort of website, with all sets you've done so far...

is there someone working on a FXR soundmod?
This really is music to my ears, well done mate sound brilliant. Will definately be keeping an eye out for any others you find the time to make.

My only complaint with using CSR is you can barely hear the other cars, because you can't disable LFS's own car sound for just your car, but you don't want it set too high or else it drowns out CSR.
Sounds great mate! I've tryed to do a few cars but struggle to find good sound samples sometimes where did you get the sounds for this?
It's good, but there is TOO much whine in the background.. can you lower that a bit?? The engine itself sounds nice..
how come i can still hear the original sound in replays underneath the new sound if you know what i mean?
Because it doesn't replace the sound, only overlays it. Which is currently its biggest problem, beacuse you can't eliminate LFS's own engine noise for your car without turning off the sound for all the other cars as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG