The online racing simulator
Quote from CobhamCC :Hi just got S2 I am a Noob to LFS but played other titles (GTR & GTR2 etc)

use a g25 which is perfect for this game. I have tried online but about 1 - 2 sec slower due to crappy setups. Hope i can get these sorted soon and see you all on track

wow :o
welcome to s2 and fun!
Quote from 91mason91 :Join Date: Jun 2005
wow :o
welcome to s2 and fun!

yeah downloaded demo then but comp was crap spec and didnt vist forums
??????
hello i am new here i want to learn as much as i can about this game i plyed the demo and have now brought the s2 licence
Hello Folks, I'm new to the boards, but not really new to the game. I used to play it back in S1 Patch A and B were around. I lost my S1 codes, so I'm stuck playing demo for now. I originally bought the game to get my racing/adrenaline fix off-track and give me a way to analyze my driving skills and improve without dumping tons of money into gas and entrance fees (they add up very quickly). Those days are gone (for now), but I still have a nagging pit in my stomach that drives me to race.

(Shameless sucking up section) I can say that LFS is the ONLY game (if you can really call it that) that matches the RL experience to pushing a vehicle, and yourself, to its limits. I still find it amusing that with big budget titles like GT4/GT5 and the like, they can't put that cash into where it's important. So, thank you to the developers in creating a "simulation" game that is actually a "simulation". To those who think the game is "outdated" (I just read a LFS sucks thread), if you have ever been to a "real" race track and auto-x events (most are held in parking lots too) without the crowds, the tracks are boring as hell and usually an eye sore. If you want "pretty" scenery, go take a drive in the mountains. If you have time to look at the scenery then you aren't driving fast enough.

I will be asking technical questions in the forum after I install the analyzer software because the "Training" section of the game is fantasic but I'm still stuck at 13:98 on the Slalom Course - GTI. I can't seem to get that last 1/2 second...there is probably something I'm doing wrong .

Anyway, glad to be back and please excuse my "Wall-O-Text"

Wartoc
Hello!
hello..i am just a demo racer and i have the z version..where can i buy the s2 license ?
Quote from lewelin :hello..i am just a demo racer and i have the z version..where can i buy the s2 license ?

Here you can buy one
hi guys iam knew to lfs and iam asking how can we unlock cars and iam a demo player. so any1 know how can i unlock cars?
Write thank you for the good my friend ...
Regards..!
Hi all,

i´m the new one!

I come from Germany near Bremen, 36 Years old and play different Racing Games since a few years.

At the last 8 month i was very engaged at Project Torque and LevelR, but I have the need for something new and in first line more realistic Racing Game.

At early Morning i tested LfS and now i look forward to the evening to switch my Demo to the LfS S2 and hope to build up my skills soon to drive some nice online races with you!

cu
Hey. I am Rodsk8punk. I had just unloaded LFS.

I do not speak English and use a translator, then some words you cannot understand...
Hey, what servers you do you other new guys race on when you are on LFS? Ironically, after buying S2 I still find myself playing on Redline Racing D a lot trying to perfect the XFG on BL1. My PB is a 1:34:70, with usually pretty consistant 1:35x's... trying to hit that 1:33x mark.
Hi there
hi everyone. new to this game and online racing. These cars are really hard to control...awesome! Bought the S2 pkg. now just looking for ppl who just want to race around the track for fun to gain some experience.

dirtbiker59
Hello to all! I am new in that forum, i've played demo version about three or even four years but now is enough, when i get steering wheel then im going to buy full version of that game, i hope that gonna be in that month.
Welcome guys, have the fun.
Multy code/Physics
An avid rFactor aficionado here, I was wondering about multy code. Is it as smooth as rfactor? I run in a league with 30 to 40 people smooth as silk, can LFS compare?
Question 2 Physics how real are we talking here? Rfactor physics are good while at high speeds, but in most/all mods is totally whacked at low speeds.
In a real car if I was to yank the ebrake at 40 mph, the car would maintain a straight direction of travel as long as the front wheels were straight, and the road was smooth. In rfactor in any mod/car, you do this and instantly the rear is in front.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Quote from Dave Millard :An avid rFactor aficionado here, I was wondering about multy code. Is it as smooth as rfactor? I run in a league with 30 to 40 people smooth as silk, can LFS compare?
Question 2 Physics how real are we talking here? Rfactor physics are good while at high speeds, but in most/all mods is totally whacked at low speeds.
In a real car if I was to yank the ebrake at 40 mph, the car would maintain a straight direction of travel as long as the front wheels were straight, and the road was smooth. In rfactor in any mod/car, you do this and instantly the rear is in front.
Any imput would be gratly appreciated.

Physics are the best you get atm. In my opinion. The network MP code isnt as smooth as in other games though.
I've had no problem with very busy servers on most servers.
Quote from Dave Millard :An avid rFactor aficionado here, I was wondering about multy code. Is it as smooth as rfactor? I run in a league with 30 to 40 people smooth as silk, can LFS compare?
Any imput would be gratly appreciated.

getting a game started sure is a lot easier in LFS. I have yet to even play online in rFactor just because there is no standard for playing online. You need to have a specific mod and track version which are both seperate downloads to even join a race. Saying that, I have nothing to compare LFS online ingame to, but excluding people with slow connections, the online play is really smooth.
hi all I am from croatia I am not new in lfs but I don't have a s2 licence. Sorry about my English I hope you understand me.
Quote from wartoc :the "Training" section of the game is fantasic but I'm still stuck at 13:98 on the Slalom Course - GTI. I can't seem to get that last 1/2 second...there is probably something I'm doing wrong .

probably... but i was never good in those training things either.

easiest thing to do is to keep trying and try to keep a level head.

if i remember correctly, the trick to that one is the speed you take the cones with, and braking early so you stop as soon as the back tires cross the line.
Unlock lfs s2
Hi, I just started playing the demo and have purchased the S2 (24 quid).
I can't seem to unlock the version. I tried it again after turning off my firewall but still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas please.

Cheers
Mike

New players say hi here
(3704 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG