The online racing simulator
Quote from KanseiDneova :heres xrt with materials. Also made a render of an old skin of mine.

Can i have at least smallest shot about how you make tyre with so sexy texture ? Same about rims .. it's just perfection. Looks like you know 3ds Max good.
Most probably NFS wheels, Feat.
Oh, i've never checked NFS wheel textures.
Ok, thanks ill see that later.
Feat.- or u can try make D-Max private wheels
uh they arent NFS wheels... and they stick out of the tires because they are stretched drifting tires. google it.

@feat, they are both modelled with some simple Vray materials. Some noise and low reflections. + a good environment to give nice reflections. Yokohoma neova sidewalls placed in bump map slot to give some depth. Sidewall could be more realistic, but i haven't looked into it. Haven't quite made the bridgestone sidewall texture yet. Still gotta finish a project of mine before i get to all the textures.

same tire with Nissan GT-R wheels.

The highlights on these aren't so good

Still much room for improvements.
nice, can you post some closer wire about the skyline's rim?
sure. Bit too many 5 sided polys, but i had to keep the shape correct. Too many lines would make it too sharpe and stuff.
Attached images
1.jpg
not bad here is some ideas for it, maybe it will help you
Attached images
1a.jpg
Advan, just interesting - could you pleeeaase make some tutorial about how you make whole rim and tyre or give me something like that ?
I would appreciate that.

E: Found something like this : http://www.dmmultimedia.com/3dtips_09.htm
I'll try what i can do, because those sidewalls looks soo sexy.
Sorry for the doublepost.

Just made some shots of already old scene which i just keep updating, now i added some ''reflections'' if you can call them like that, rims now are shiny and this is like DMax skin presenting.
Probably i will make rear bumper at last , so no worries.
And yeah, could anyone post link to nice tutorial about making environment reflection on already made material ? I'm trying to make it trough ''Fallof, reflection and environment'' map stuff.

Thanks, feat.
Attached images
Dmaxfinalrender.jpg
Dmaxfinalrender_rearshot.jpg
Quote from feat :Sorry for the doublepost.

Just made some shots of already old scene which i just keep updating, now i added some ''reflections'' if you can call them like that, rims now are shiny and this is like DMax skin presenting.
Probably i will make rear bumper at last , so no worries.
And yeah, could anyone post link to nice tutorial about making environment reflection on already made material ? I'm trying to make it trough ''Fallof, reflection and environment'' map stuff.

Thanks, feat.

1.u need to eat less rice
2.u need shadow under fb
What the .. ?
I probably don't know what YOU call rice, because it's more like JDM replica with JDM parts, i dont see any ''rice'' in my scene.
Shadow comes as default under all parts because of lights.
That front bumper is more like a snow plow, get some air under it and pull it forward, it looks dumb sitting under the body work like that.

I'm guessing you want a tutorial for HDRI, there's plenty of them around if you search for it.

There's also one at http://dsrc.digiserv.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70.
Yeah, i have little bit resized and distorted it for now.
Just made rear bumper too, it's more higher and it will look quite good i guess.
I'll give a snapshot of it a little later ..
Then ill learn how to add some nice Neova sidewall texture for tyre, otherwise it looks just black and invisible.

E: Check attachments.
Attached images
keepupdation.jpg
try to fit the corners to the car
nice feat!
Quote from tikshow :try to fit the corners to the car

Yes, i'm fixing this today, just little work with vertexes and edge moving ..
Thanks.
Awesome renders Feat
Quote from feat :Yeah, i have little bit resized and distorted it for now.
Just made rear bumper too, it's more higher and it will look quite good i guess.
I'll give a snapshot of it a little later ..
Then ill learn how to add some nice Neova sidewall texture for tyre, otherwise it looks just black and invisible.

E: Check attachments.

Nice render..but what is that black thing on the roof? Is it because of the angle? Or is the roof broken? Or is that a skin?
Vrtas - Thanks.
Andro. - it's a reflection, dont worry.

Added tyre sidewall, at last.
See attachments.
Attached images
sidewallsupto.jpg
looks better, use the sidewall for a bump map(not a diffuse) and change the material of the muffler, and i think thats all! good job
Nice to hear these comments from you, Tikshow, appreciate that.
And yes, ill try to do all what i can.
I'm adding some nice environment HDRI maps, thanks for idea to LineR32 and thanks for Ian about that great tutorial.
I'm just experimenting, so i will find the best of best.
Attached images
dmaxreflc.jpg
Quote from feat :Nice to hear these comments from you, Tikshow, appreciate that.
And yes, ill try to do all what i can.
I'm adding some nice environment HDRI maps, thanks for idea to LineR32 and thanks for Ian about that great tutorial.
I'm just experimenting, so i will find the best of best.

This just keeps getting better and better! Looking forward to seeing the final result! Keep up the good work!
just a simple scene :P
Attached images
FZ_truck.jpg
Some minor updates on my wagon
Attached images
rb4 wagon.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG