The online racing simulator
Quote from toper :lets say You have scene with 1 of those 3 cars , so now press shift + F1
and open .blend file with missing car. double click it.
go to Object folder in that file , select cars elements and load library
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=llblendoz5.jpg

For 2 same cars different skins problem.
Material is linked as well texture , so You need to set them to single user.
two buttons :
Material
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skinblend1to5.jpg
Skin texture
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skinblend2yz8.jpg

should do , working for me

Thankyou very much Toper worked a treat i was so close but so far
again thankyou
Please help!
I recently downloaded the Kit V2 and Blender248a.

On render in "Internal Blender", is thus:

With "YafRay", the picture is black.
However, if I add a LampSun, is thus:

What happens?
Quote from Init.A.D :What happens?

quoted from blenderartists.org

"The difference between Blender internal render and yafray are enormous do to a different methods used to render a scene . To make it more easy i am going to explain what yafray can do that Blender can not do but maybe fake . Yafray try to simulate light behavior like in the real world . When a light hits a wall , the wall reflects light back and this reflected light contributes to lighten the howl room . This is why even objects that are in a shadow zone get a bit light do to the reflected light of other objects . This is something Blender internal render can not reproduce .That's why you get black shadows in Blender if you use one light to lighten your scene because the walls( or any other object) don't reflect the light back when using Blenders internal render. To get a similar result , you will need to add another light to your scene to lighten the shadows but the results will not be the same because yafray lightning is more accurate .Now there is another phenomena that is called caustics . Caustics are produced when light get bend when traveling through glass and produces concentrated light pattern you can see on the table where the glass stays on . This is something Blender can not reproduce , so the only way is to fake it and the results will never be as accurate then rendered with yafray .
So you can see that the difference is that yafra reproduces the real behavior of light and objects . This method is very time consuming in calculation and that's why it takes longer to render .
Blender is optimised for fast rendering and as it don't do all this calculations , it is much faster but not accurate at all ."
how do I turn reflection on ? the floor and the car don't reflect.
Quote from Dorikat :how do I turn reflection on ? the floor and the car don't reflect.

Quote from Bogey Jammer :

Create a reflective floor

To get a reflective ground is easy:
  • Select the big circle that represents the ground in the 3D view
  • Press F5 to enter the material menu
  • depress "OnlySha" small button in the "Shaders" menu (need to expand it to see it)
  • Enter the "Mirror Transp" tab and press "Ray Mirror" button
  • Set a 0.2-0.3 value in the "RayMir" input. (this is the reflexion amount setting)
  • Press F12 and enjoy
Note that the circle will be no longer transparent in the renders.

do i need to say anything? :rolleyes:
what can i do to transfer 3ds rims file (.3ds) to blender? (.blend)
Do i just rename the file or is there anything else i need to do?
can someone tell me howi get texturesto show because mine don't
Quote from 91mason91 :what can i do to transfer 3ds rims file (.3ds) to blender? (.blend)
Do i just rename the file or is there anything else i need to do?

i hope that helpes u
-
(samyip) DELETED by samyip
Hey Guy's,

Im after some help!

I tried to do a 1920x1200 render with the V2 kit but after 12 hour's it still hadn't finished :/

My system isn't exactly poor - it should be ok for rendering.

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition @ 3.0GHZ
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
4GB DDR2 800MHZ
ATI Radeon 3870 512MB PCI-Express 2.0
250GB Samsung 8MB Cache
Windows Vista Home Premium X64
Kaspersky 2009 etc.

Should it take this long?

What FPS should i be using?

I am using 32bit Blender - i did try 64bit but for some reason i couldn't get it to work!

Edit:// Ok got 64bit working, will this help?
hem, I took a break and I see that many questions appeared here... with obvious answers.

I should laugh but I'm quite depressed... this topic contains now too much easy/stupid/already answered questions, so it's going to be ineffective to new Blender users to look for an answer in it...

I don't know what to do..
Quote from Bogey Jammer :hem, I took a break and I see that many questions appeared here... with obvious answers.

I should laugh but I'm quite depressed... this topic contains now too much easy/stupid/already answered questions, so it's going to be ineffective to new Blender users to look for an answer in it...

I don't know what to do..

nothing, there is a problems and questions thread for the questions

mclarenmatt:
is this happened with the uploaded scenes or you changed something in the render settings?
Quote from mclarenmatt :Hey Guy's,

Im after some help!

I tried to do a 1920x1200 render with the V2 kit but after 12 hour's it still hadn't finished :/

My system isn't exactly poor - it should be ok for rendering.

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition @ 3.0GHZ
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
4GB DDR2 800MHZ
ATI Radeon 3870 512MB PCI-Express 2.0
250GB Samsung 8MB Cache
Windows Vista Home Premium X64
Kaspersky 2009 etc.

Should it take this long?

What FPS should i be using?

I am using 32bit Blender - i did try 64bit but for some reason i couldn't get it to work!

Edit:// Ok got 64bit working, will this help?

Yup takes a while. The mirror floor is a hughe timekiller. Also your on 1900x1200 render. Secondly your on a dual core. It will be better when youre on a quad. AMD is also not the best for fast rendering.
Also the new and improved V2 kit makes the render outta 25 parts.
So yes it takes time. But I tell ya more then worth it.
The parts count doesn't affect the render time, it's just for render progress lisibility.
Thank's for the help guy's

Im looking into getting a Quad Core Phenom soon and possibly a new Graphics Card which should help then

Doe's the memory speed and size on the graphics card make much of a difference?
Quote from mclarenmatt :Thank's for the help guy's

Im looking into getting a Quad Core Phenom soon and possibly a new Graphics Card which should help then

Doe's the memory speed and size on the graphics card make much of a difference?

Well high speed memory always helps off course, but seeing on mine task manager it uses full CPU power therefor CPU demanding. So the better the CPU the faster the render.
I got a decent laptop and it renders 1920*1080 on V2 in about 9 hours...
The graphic card is not used while rendering, CPU only.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :The graphic card is not used while rendering, CPU only.

It should be a option enable the GPU for faster renders.. I will buy a core i7 soon though so I don`t care really xD Maybe I`ll go back to blender again
Quote from T.J. :It should be a option enable the GPU for faster renders.. I will buy a core i7 soon though so I don`t care really xD Maybe I`ll go back to blender again

If there's no option to render with GPU, it's probably because it's impossible (or too hard to make it compatible with so much GPU species). Most of renderer don't do that (actually I think no one does that).
I thought of a solution similiar to CS4 Photoshop.. The GPU helps the CPU to do things faster. If adobe can do it, it is not impossible =)
So we'll discuss back about it in 2-3 years, CUDA is not developed enough and renderers must be rewritten to be compatible.
first render

http://www.lfs-host.com/render.bmp

sorry for bmp but i use it as wallpaper

time:01:02:40:54 hope that dsnt mean 1day 2h 40 min 54 second
Quote from lfs-drift staff :first render

http://www.lfs-host.com/render.bmp

sorry for bmp but i use it as wallpaper

time:01:02:40:54 hope that dsnt mean 1day 2h 40 min 54 second

Well you made the render so you should know how long it took .

was this render with the V1 or V2 kit ? It looks like you used the V1 kit. If so the render couldnt take that long. In V2 it could depending on your CPU speed.

btw : Nice first render, well done. I would change the background I guess, doesnt really match the car and lighting. But good try

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG