The online racing simulator

Poll : If Lewis didn't get spun by Felipe, what position would Lewis finish then?

More!
1st
3rd
2nd
4th
5th
7th
8th
6th
Quote from NotAnIllusion :

Hamilton was attempting to pass Räikkönen. had Räikkönen taken an evasive, a collision would have occurred. Bad judgement call by Hamilton, not a racing incident.

So that isn't WHOLLY different to Kimi forcing Hamilton wide in Spa causing HIM to avoid a collision and go off track.... but eerr... hamilton got penalised for that too...

So Hamilton is forced wide - penalised
Hamilton 'forces someone wide but NOT off trck (that was Kovy) - penalised

so his best bet.... don't overtake Kimi!
Actually Hamilton caused all cars go wide in 'noob braking alert', David crashed hardly, several contacs, damaged wings, few drivers of the track...

Nothing wrong with it
note to Hamilton this is how you legally get past someone

no.. wait a minute....
Quote from Intrepid :note to Hamilton this is how you legally get past someone

[snip]

no.. wait a minute....

In my opinion that was a fair pass however much I don't like Ferrari. He knew he was going pass at some point and once he'd swerved out to the right he started pushing the Ferrari off the track. It was either he went into the wall and had a quite high risk of death or he just went past him over the lines.

From what I saw at least - I was still half asleep all the way through the race.

Was a good race apart from the obvious FIA scum. They honestly should just have a race where a new rule is instated - no penalties.
Quote from mcintyrej :instated - no penalties.

Stefano Domenicali standing with a rocket launcher at main straight aiming at whoever tries to overtake ferrari
Absolutely amazing how Alonso drove that car. 3rd fastest lap in a Renault! Congrats to Kubica too, flawless race. Nothing new, the 4 top drivers screwed up, neither Hamilton or Massa deserve that WDC. Kubica should win the title.
yh Bravo Alonso.... almost forgot.. what a drive....
Quote from DevilDare :Stefano Domenicali standing with a rocket launcher at main straight aiming at whoever tries to overtake ferrari

SD is actually a pretty straight guy. He fights fair.

It will be someone from the maFIA with .50cal sniper rifle scoping out the track from the Ferrari corporate box.

Will Bourdais tolerate the politik? Or will he gladly leave F1 at the end of this season to pursue another category where real racing is permitted?
I hope in a press conference Bourdais is all happy but before they get the change to bleep him out he lets rip on the FIA and leaves.

He'd be a legend if he did that - no doubt.
Let's hope they appeal this lunacy.
Quote from duke_toaster :Let's hope they appeal this lunacy.

Alas, it probably won't be admissible, like the McLaren appeal against Hamilton's Spa penalty.

I think Bourdais should show F1 his middle finger and go race in LMS or something (I'm sure Peugeot or Pescarolo would be glad to give him a seat).
Great stuff from Alonso.

I'm a bit concerned about the precedent set in the T1 penalty though. Yes Hamilton was in the wrong, but do we need stewarding decisions to resolve T1 non-accidents?

Massa drove like a turnip this race, the only reason that man isnt dead is by the good grace of fate. Spinning Hamilton, let's be honest, he knew exactly what he was doing that was played for and got. Attrocious overtake later on the main straight, and then driving into Bordais (I hear Bordais has been penalised for this? I'll be very interested to read up what rule that is, because when that was flagge as under investigation I thought it meant Massa!).

Where is Kimi's consistency? I thought the man was supposed to be a champion. Then again, he was an undeserving champion last year (The driver in the best car who wasnt one of the brash young idiots). People keep telling me he's fast, and I keep seeing him do fastest lap. Then I see him stretching his hands coming out of the pits now i've done endurance racing and that is a tell tale sign that a driver is unfit. When I see hands being limpered up like that it tells me that either the car is a handful to drive (it set fastest lap right?) or the driver needs to spend more time in the gymn and not the bar. Very dissapointing to see the calibre of F1 champions these days.

Hamilton, what can we say. Drove like a plonker and got what he deserved, then got what he didnt deserve. I guess it's good to get all your bad luck out of the way at once I suppose...

Kubica, good effort - great defensive driving, pleased he got a good result today.
Quote from Intrepid :So that isn't WHOLLY different to Kimi forcing Hamilton wide in Spa causing HIM to avoid a collision and go off track.... but eerr... hamilton got penalised for that too...

So Hamilton is forced wide - penalised
Hamilton 'forces someone wide but NOT off trck (that was Kovy) - penalised

so his best bet.... don't overtake Kimi!

Obvious troll is obvious.
Quote from Becky Rose :Great stuff from Alonso.
Then I see him stretching his hands coming out of the pits now i've done endurance racing and that is a tell tale sign that a driver is unfit. When I see hands being limpered up like that it tells me that either the car is a handful to drive (it set fastest lap right?) or the driver needs to spend more time in the gymn and not the bar. Very dissapointing to see the calibre of F1 champions these days.

Yep I noticed that too... very very bad. trulli does it as well from time to time.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71365

Massa says:
- Hamilton's penalty was fair.
- His penalty, not sure.
- Bourdais was too optimistic.

There was a time when I hoped Massa will win the WDC this year. Well, he's showing himself to be quite a tw@t!

Quote from Becky Rose : Very dissapointing to see the calibre of F1 champions these days.

A bit harsh. Schumacher was a good driver, sportsmanship aside. Alonso is a good driver too.

Kimi's WDC was dubious, but he did make a huge comeback.

This year, I agree that driver quality has become bollocks. IMHO, Kubica deserves the WDC this year, not Hamilton the Moron, or Massa the Spinner (with all due respect to both drivers).
Quote from Intrepid :note to Hamilton this is how you legally get past someone

no.. wait a minute....

I think the stewards should be investigating that move myself, they even said on the ITV coverage of the GP that all 4 wheels went over the white line.
De la Rosa was right, if Kubica or Alonso had driven one of the top cars they would be the leaders of the championship by far. As I said, at least this year neither Massa or Hamilton deserve to win anything.

Too bad (at least for me) that one of them will, just cause they have a good car, not by driving merits.
What I find humorous about all this "there is a conspiracy against Maclaren" stuff is this. IMO Maclaren shouldn't even be in this season. After having gotten their hands on stolen technical secrets from another team I don't see how anyone can say they haven't gained advantage that they wouldn't have had otherwise. It's oh so simple to retort, "ah but as long as they don't use the bits they got plans for it's ok", to which I would say, "your showing a complete lack of knowlege about how an inteligent mind works". ie once any competetant technical guy has seen plans/details of technical improvements there is no way to remove that information from their brain and therefore no way to remove their ability not to use it in some way. It's all about ideas at this level not actual implementation. So to all you conspirators I say this....

Just be thankful Maclaren are even allowed to race this season. Because to my mind after such a patent breaking of F1 laws, (in a way that hits at the very core of sportsmanship), I think the only valid penalty should have been a seasons ban for the team.
#346 - CSF
Quote from gezmoor :What I find humorous about all this "there is a conspiracy against Maclaren" stuff is this. IMO Maclaren shouldn't even be in this season. After having gotten their hands on stolen technical secrets from another team I don't see how anyone can say they haven't gained advantage that they wouldn't have had otherwise. It's oh so simple to retort, "ah but as long as they don't use the bits they got plans for it's ok", to which I would say, "your showing a complete lack of knowlege about how an inteligent mind works". ie once any competetant technical guy has seen plans/details of technical improvements there is no way to remove that information from their brain and therefore no way to remove their ability not to use it in some way. It's all about ideas at this level not actual implementation. So to all you conspirators I say this....

Just be thankful Maclaren are even allowed to race this season. Because to my mind after such a patent breaking of F1 laws, (in a way that hits at the very core of sportsmanship), I think the only valid penalty should have been a seasons ban for the team.

You do realise the race winning car from today was also caught up in a cheating row last season, right?
That doesn't make it indecent
Hahaha, F1 is such a joke.

I went to bed after Lewis was given yet another penalty for an offense that has never ever in the past been seen as worthy of a penalty and won't be in the future (although it was a bonehead move).

Then I wake up and read about another ridiculous pro Massa decision and it doesn't even anger me, F1 just can't be taken seriously as a sport. It needs to break down and die already, public taxes are being paid for this shit ffs.

And this guy gets the prize for representing his team fittingly by behaving like a POS on live TV after seeing his driver spin an opponent around. Never seen anything like it.

http://www.autosport.com/galle ... 08jpn4/image/l__o9t7405-2

Hamilton should really stop forcing people of the track... no wait that's Kov.....

Idiot start by hamilton but I have yet to see anything that suggested he was the one forcing anyone off! Everyone went wide by the looks of it regardless of Hamilton at the front

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG