The online racing simulator
Lerts' ideas and theories
(921 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I have a question for lerts to answer...

When is a road not a road?

Easy, one that even a Canadian can solve:

A road is not a road, once the road becomes a chicken.
Lerts, i loved reading your first Post here.

I will not comment! i don't think ppl will love this, from what i read!

Ho! im sorry that some ppl wan to remove your right to talk! event if you keep respect everyone! this is Sad!

Maybe if you try to add some more simple word like " Fu.." or disrespect something will help you keeping you right to talk!

im very confuse... and probaly gone very soon...

Keep thinking
o plz dont leave, we need more people who appreciate free thought
Narrator: And so it came to pass that the two friendless weirdos joined forces to tackle sense, rationality and normal human emotions, all of which were totally beyond their comprehension. You have witnessed the death of society; soon we will all avoid toilet paper because the crazy voices in our minds told us to.

Or, we can hope and pray that these two never breed.
haha though mean i actually laugh
sooo.... a simple proof, since reading the wikipedia entry must be beyond your abilities

about 0.999... = 1

so we agree that 1/3 = 0.333... ?

and we also agree that 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 0.333... + 0.333... + 0.333... = 0.999... ?

but 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 3* 1/3 = 3/3 = 1 right?

so 0.999... = 1, unless you can somehow find an error between these thoughts.

funny/sad thing is that i expect to hear something ridiculous like infinitely enlarging an infinitely small number, as you said earlier, which is zero times infinity which is simply undefined.
b = 1
a = b
a2 = ab
a2 - b2 = ab-b2
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)
a+b = b
b+b = b
2b = b
2 = 1

At last, that 7 == 5 malarkey didn't wash, but this is rock solid
Uh oh, math attack! Make it stop!
how is div0 rock solid?
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)

i think this is wrong

(a-b)(a+b) = aa+ab-ba-bb=aa-bb

saying 1/3=0.3333... isnt valid, infinity gives surprises
So what is 1 divided by 3 in decimals?
a number of infinite cyphers ungraspable by the human mind
Let's not use the human mind then.

What is it written down? It's obviously not 1.33333.......333334, or ...333332, so surely that leaves 0.333 recurring?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
b = 1
a = b
a2 = ab
a2 - b2 = ab-b2
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)
a+b = b
b+b = b
2b = b
2 = 1

This confuses me. I just did it in my head and I see no mathematical errors, yet obviously 2 doesn't equal one. Can someone link me to an article that explains this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized that "a=b", and dividing by "(a-b)" is the same as dividing by zero.

Also, to add on to the 0.9999... = 1 discussion, I find that this explains it best if you have trouble believing the "1/3" solution:

x = 0.9999...
10x = 9.9999...
10x - x = 9.9999... - 0.9999...
9x = 9
x = 1.
It actually proves that any number is equal to itself * 2. Which, includes 0, so I don't know does that nullify it
Quote from lerts :saying 1/3=0.3333... isnt valid, infinity gives surprises

what the **** are you hinting at? 1/3 = 0.333... recurring. the only thing ungraspable is your incompetence matched with your ignorance all coated with a thick layer of irrational "i'm right, even though i haven't studied barely anything and i think everyone around me is in a conspiracy and 1+1=2 is a lie!"

i have been thinking, why is this thread still here anyway?

what if i start a thread with random words? will it be any less coherent than this one? will it carry less meaning?
Quote from tristancliffe :let's Not Use The Human Mind Then.

What Is It Written Down? It's Obviously Not 1.33333.......333334, Or ...333332, So Surely That Leaves 0.333 Recurring?

Fify
george youre the 2nd contributor after me to this thread with difference yet you ask to it be locked?

and such a big contribution could be positive but most of your posts are personal attacks

i mean in the begining you were nice to me why did you change? i didnt change

was it because i disagree with you saying that abig ball goes down a ramp faster than a small one?

you just can dislike people just cause they disagree with you
End It, End It All!
Quote from lerts :george youre the 2nd contributor after me to this thread with difference yet you ask to it be locked?

that is right.
Quote from lerts :and such a big contribution could be positive but most of your posts are personal attacks

if you are ignorant and say completely stupid things, then when someone says "you are ignorant and say stupid things" is not a personal attack. a personal attack is when you say "you are stupid, and thus, you can not be right". personal attack is when you try to prove that the other guy is wrong because you think or say that he is stupid or something else.

personal attack:
- blah blah blah
- you are not a mathematician, you can't be right!

not a personal attack:
- 0.999... does not equal 1 because blah blah.
- what you say is so wrong it's stupid. here are lots of proofs why 0.999...=1
Quote from lerts :i mean in the begining you were nice to me why did you change? i didnt change

if you think that a friend is someone who is "nice" to you, you will be severely dissappointed in your life. Socrates (i think) said "advise what is good, not what is pleasant"
Quote from lerts : was it because i disagree with you saying that abig ball goes down a ramp faster than a small one?

i do not care what you said about it or what i thought it would do. i gave you the formula that solves any case about any spherical object of any size of any mass and of any moment of inertia in any slope under any gravitational field.
Quote from lerts :you just can dislike people just cause they disagree with you

you might think that i am doing this, but i am not.
great now in real life evrybody puts me down for following my liking as well:

this monday i was quietly in the bar when a girl started insinuating to me

everybody said she was good looking but as i didnt like her i ignored her

i was thinking great now everybody will think im gay and then she says oh you gay people are amazing

i was wtf but i prefered the girl thinking i was gay than standing her insinuations any longer

but now everybody in the bar says im gay

the thing i like of this is that they said aslo that the waitress whom i do like had almost a fight with this girl and everybody was teasing her saying she was jealous

so she says she makes heart shapes in the coffe for me shes jealous when another girl runs into me yet im unable to go out with her whats going on here

it was the same with another girl a guy told me she said she liked me i ask her for her number and she wouldnt give it to me

hell wahts going on here

is life lying a slow suicide for me through smoking?
these people do not know you and also they seem to not care to know you.

why do you care what they think?
This thread is closed

Lerts' ideas and theories
(921 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG