The online racing simulator
Quote from r4ptor :Some BF1 and FZR renders I did for the new xFusion team.

Quote from ImportFantasy :Did some renders also for XFusion. One is with wing and one is without.

:lovies3d: Im in love they are beautiful guys Thankyou!
my new desktop
Quote from doyal :Quick update.. did a large render but forgot to change the shadow samples.. complete waste of 10minutes.

Doyal

No door handle?...
about 50% wip. still need to do 3d grill mesh, new steering wheel, new rear light design, new 3d dashboard etc etc etc....
Attached images
racwip.jpg
racwip2.jpg
the highlights on the rim, and the ground are too noisy, make the samples higher
anyway it looks nice
XRT without wing and door handles... Skin by Design Dudes
Attached images
xrt.jpg
Quote from Töki (HUN) :XRT without wing and door handles... Skin by Design Dudes

why xrt with no wing? you could use XRG
Quote from r4ptor :Some BF1 and FZR renders I did for the new xFusion team.

Very nice lightning distribution. At least someone made a studio render not too dark or with burned reflexions
Quote from JJ72 :about 50% wip. still need to do 3d grill mesh, new steering wheel, new rear light design, new 3d dashboard etc etc etc....

Wow mate you master the lighning very well, I remember that I've got difficulties with Yafray. But the glass material stills weird and probably needs more reflexion.
You say wip 50% but we can already consider it is 90%, the final result will be amazing :yummy:
Quote from BastianB :why xrt with no wing? you could use XRG

Maybe because XRT haves widen arches ?
Quote from BastianB :why xrt with no wing? you could use XRG

I just don't like that wing... Anyway I'm plannig to make a pick up of it. But I need skillz

Quote from feat :Maybe because XRT haves widen arches ?

You're right. The body of the XRT looks way better.
Quote from Bogey Jammer : At least someone made a studio render not too dark or with burned reflexions

hm....is it possible that you mean my renders btw...what are burned reflections ?
This should fit Fazer like a glove.

you should start selling stuff on turbosquid etc...might fetch $20 here and there...cos that's nice
Quote from itsphilthy :btw...what are burned reflections ?

I meant this example for a nice but too dark render, not enough light and contrast, and this example for a nice but burned (like a LDR digital camera does when there's too much light) reflexions, too much contrast.

Such results are probably caused by the artist's high contrast LCD display on which these renders have a balanced contrast displaying.

Quote from mogster :This should fit Fazer like a glove.

I agree
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Wow mate you master the lighning very well, I remember that I've got difficulties with Yafray. But the glass material stills weird and probably needs more reflexion.
You say wip 50% but we can already consider it is 90%, the final result will be amazing :yummy:

oh thanks.

for the glass I think you mean the front light, it's down to lack of details behind the glass at this stage. I plan to make a true 3D lamp assembly instead of using textures, right now there's only a mirror like cone behind it, hence it's a bit strange.

a lot to do still.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :I meant this example for a nice but too dark render, not enough light and contrast, and this example for a nice but burned (like a LDR digital camera does when there's too much light) reflexions, too much contrast.

Such results are probably caused by the artist's high contrast LCD display on which these renders have a balanced contrast displaying.

aha.....thanks dude nice reply....
Quote from JJ72 :oh thanks.

for the glass I think you mean the front light, it's down to lack of details behind the glass at this stage. I plan to make a true 3D lamp assembly instead of using textures, right now there's only a mirror like cone behind it, hence it's a bit strange.

a lot to do still.

Sorry "reflexion" is not the correct word I have to use; I wanted to mean the windshield material's mirror setting which is quite low. I also just noticed that the windshield hasn't thickness, so no refraction rendering (a good feature for more realism)
Btw If you have automotive standard bulb models or an effective technique to make accurate-realistic-working-like-real-life parabolic light reflectors, I would be please if you share
Here's my WIP. Don't ask me why is it so noisy
Attached images
xrt_conv.jpg
And you need to colour in the little white square on the XR_interior1.dds to get rid of all the white parts.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Sorry "reflexion" is not the correct word I have to use; I wanted to mean the windshield material's mirror setting which is quite low. I also just noticed that the windshield hasn't thickness, so no refraction rendering (a good feature for more realism)
Btw If you have automotive standard bulb models or an effective technique to make accurate-realistic-working-like-real-life parabolic light reflectors, I would be please if you share

argh.

thickness often create weird effects in Yafray, like the transparency drops a lot, weird refraction within the material etc, i haven't figured out a clean way to do it so i usually doesn't add thickness.

and this is a rather simple outdoor scene, there's nothing to reflect in the sky, maybe it will be better after I learn to add some HDRI maps. (haven't gotten that far)

btw I wanna ask you about Indigo as well, I've read it render scenes "physically", taking no short cuts.....so is it a lot slower?
Updated the scene a bit. New Porsche 944 interior by luathas, and put Skyline rims under it. No wing, no door handles etc... Comments are welcome.

I made it in 1600x resolution, because in this way I can see the problems that need to be corrected. There are some as I see
Attached images
xrt_wip.jpg
Quote from JJ72 :argh.

thickness often create weird effects in Yafray, like the transparency drops a lot, weird refraction within the material etc, i haven't figured out a clean way to do it so i usually doesn't add thickness.

I use the "solidify selection" script to create thickness from a surface; 5mm thick for the windshield, 4mm for other windows and glass of light parts, 3mm for polycarbonate. Then I set an IOR of 1.5 for glass, 1.4 for polycarbonate. The last settings I touch are translucency and color.

Quote from JJ72 :
and this is a rather simple outdoor scene, there's nothing to reflect in the sky, maybe it will be better after I learn to add some HDRI maps. (haven't gotten that far)

I see specular white shades on the body and seat because of the lamp(s), the windshield should have some.

Quote from JJ72 :
btw I wanna ask you about Indigo as well, I've read it render scenes "physically", taking no short cuts.....so is it a lot slower?

err... it is slower but it depends on your computer and I've never tested one scene rendered with both renderers. I can only say that the results usually worth the rendering time.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG