The online racing simulator
simply amazing these tires rock!
Quote from Gustix :Made new rims by request

PIAA Super Rozza

Done in Blender

How did you make the holes for screws and tire tread?
Got real bored today and i ended up with this. No hi-res yet. commentz? lul. I reckon tail lights would look better without the glare, but meh.
Attached images
3.jpg
Quote from KanseiDneova :Got real bored today and i ended up with this. No hi-res yet. commentz? lul. I reckon tail lights would look better without the glare, but meh.

Very nice
Here, my new render :=)

It´s simple !

A greeting.
Attached images
eraricopiabc9.png
Quote from KanseiDneova :Got real bored today and i ended up with this. No hi-res yet. commentz? lul. I reckon tail lights would look better without the glare, but meh.

lol this is a render??
this looks like real

with a better skin, it might be easier to judge the quality
Finally get to work with Yafray today, it's quite confusing.

gonna take some pictures today for a carpark scene I am also doing.
Attached images
fzyaf.jpg
this model is really sick..are you changing the backlights, imo they look a bit weird on that super uber model
think so, I am going to remodel it from the ground up, stay tuned!
Im going mad with Max, how on earth do i seperate the wheels from the car? Im trying to replace them with custom ones?
Quote from Migz :Im going mad with Max, how on earth do i seperate the wheels from the car? Im trying to replace them with custom ones?

delete it? but if it's in a group, just ungroup it, then you can select the wheels
Quote from Migz :Im going mad with Max, how on earth do i seperate the wheels from the car? Im trying to replace them with custom ones?

prolly u should select the car,then go modify menu/edit poly/elements or vertes,1 of those,than u click on the wheel(it will select a part of it,if not the whole) and just hit delete.
Messing with some lighting settings...came out pretty good I think
Attached images
FXR_1.png
I respectfully disagree
Quote from Nick. :Messing with some lighting settings...came out pretty good I think

I kinda get the overcontrasted look as a styling trick, but interior and wheels look little weird. You might want to check your shadow settings and change them so that they blend in little better, behind the car you see a spot where two shadows stack and it's leaving hard edge right now.
Ahah thank you
Although it seems the rims i had are absolute crap so for now ill have to use stock rims until i find some good ones with textures and no need of brazil

But i did a render anyways.
The skin is the new Drift Sensation skin.
(The render has had to be scaled down majorly, it rendered at 3840 x 2160)
Im going to try redoing the render, but from the back, and im going to try and get rid of the bad lighting, if i can work out where light comes from in Max
Attached images
XRT RENDER RESIZED.jpg
That looks nice Migz.
Quote from Migz :Ahah thank you
Although it seems the rims i had are absolute crap so for now ill have to use stock rims until i find some good ones with textures and no need of brazil

Well, here's something for you to try if you want to, grabbed it from my current project. Didn't include textures because I'm not quite happy with the tire tread and might have to redo it, but there's not much texturing into this kind of stuff anyways so you should be just fine using basic materials. You might want to add some logo on the cap though, UV mapping should be in place.

Just open 3dsmax and Import this .obj file, just click ok in popup dialog. By default it's in one big group but use Element selection to pick the six-sided center nut and detach it into separate object (you don't want to smooth it). Then just apply Meshsmooth modifier on rest of the pieces.

Rendered with Maya Mental Ray
Attached images
rim2.jpg
Attached files
saleen_rim.rar - 59.9 KB - 172 views
Thanks

I've just spent hte last 2-3 hours getting the wheel in place , because loads of things were going wrong, ie. whenever i imported the skin it would crash, then i had to find what you meant by that smoothing thing, then i had to get it to import correctly, then i had to spend ages resizing it, then i had to fit it into place, and it was being really annoying and jumping instead of just being smooth, so i couldnt get the wheel perfectly into place so i had to use the lil numbers at the bottom.

3DS max is very confusing And the buttons+mouse that i use to move around the view keep changing their outcome so its very confusing.

anyways im rendering now with just the front wheel in and no textures, what textures should i add to it?
If you're resizing it, group all pieces together first and resize that group, not individual pieces. That way everything should stay in place and in correct proportions. Scale it to fit one corner and copy it for a rear wheel, then select both and mirror them over to the otherside.

As I mentioned, no textures included but you can make quick materials within 3dsmax that should be good enough. Use phong with low specularity for rubber and blinn for other parts, for brake disk you don't want much reflectivity either unless you're going for "straight out of the box" look.

I use Maya so I cannot give exact values and material info which would work on 3dsmax.
Quote from Crommi :If you're resizing it, group all pieces together first and resize that group, not individual pieces. That way everything should stay in place and in correct proportions. Scale it to fit one corner and copy it for a rear wheel, then select both and mirror them over to the otherside.

As I mentioned, no textures included but you can make quick materials within 3dsmax that should be good enough. Use phong with low specularity for rubber and blinn for other parts, for brake disk you don't want much reflectivity either unless you're going for "straight out of the box" look.

I use Maya so I cannot give exact values and material info which would work on 3dsmax.

I did the whole grouping thing, well the like 3rd time around i did.
Hmm im not very good at max so itll probably take a while until i can get it looking good.
Thanks anyways
Toyo Proxes T1-R + AD07 and sum rims.

Sidewalls from cg-cars.
Sexie as always, i start to hate you.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG