The online racing simulator
The stig likes these. Must be good.
When is it going to be released??? anyone knows yet?
-
(overclocked412) DELETED by overclocked412
I haven't been on here in a little over 4 months, nice news to see! I'm really excited that LFS is getting a real (everyday type) car. Awesome. I'll be keeping track of this ...
I know when it's going to be released.

When the thing's ready. As I said, we don't to drive it with only one cylinder and some body panels missing do we.
Quote from duke_toaster :I know when it's going to be released.

When the thing's ready. As I said, we don't to drive it with only one cylinder and some body panels missing do we.

that sounds fun.
im guessing that the release may be delayed because the could be making this http://cache.jalopnik.com/asse ... VW-Scirocco-GT24-Ring.jpg the racing version because i saw a vid on youtube and the car and the interior look finished
if anyone could say for cirtin tat this car is coming that would be good
Quote from Alistair :im guessing that the release may be delayed because the could be making this http://cache.jalopnik.com/asse ... VW-Scirocco-GT24-Ring.jpg the racing version because i saw a vid on youtube and the car and the interior look finished
if anyone could say for cirtin tat this car is coming that would be good

Better not jump to silly conclusions like that. It will just make you dissappointed when that car isn't coming.
well it saems logical depnding on its power it could be a good opnent for the XFR/UFR but i think it would probaly be to powerfull
Good luck with your disappointment then
Quote from Alistair :well it saems logical depnding on its power it could be a good opnent for the XFR/UFR but i think it would probaly be to powerfull

throw std::logical_error("Non-sequitur");
Quote from geeman1 :Better not jump to silly conclusions like that. It will just make you dissappointed when that car isn't coming.

It was confirmed that its the road car. Read the posts mate.
Thanks for the devs to keep working hard. This future car is something good for LFS I think.

We are gonna see how the engine and the electronic are implemented in LFS. I did not find a post about the gearbox (I sure have missed some!), is it a normal manual box or a double clutch auto/semi auto (I think DSG in VW words).

Congrats to Jay, well done, that is a BIG price ! Was the competition times quite similar for top drivers or not? How much times did the competitors trained?

Nothing to do about LFS, but is the new scirocco inspired of the 206? Or I am must changes my glasses?
The racing version of this car may be unlikely but if the devs have the license for the roadcar then I don't see why they couldn't do the racecar aswell. It would make sense too because there are 3 GTR's (FXR, FZR, XRR) but only 2 mini GTR's so i think would be a very good addition... imo
I'm guessing that the car itself is finished, but it won't come until the next patch, hopefully with the rest of the new interiors.
I'm guessing licensing deals
They already made the car in LFS. Why would be any licensing issues left?
And i think that even creating a racing version of the Sirocco, it would run on its own class OR the GTR class will be reworked to match the Racing Sirocco's performance.
Maybe VW wants a specific release date? :P

I think it's more a matter of refining it. Meaning that it is done but they still aren't 100% satisfied with it and want to play around to make it handle better/like the real one. Just my 2 cents. :P
just wait for Victor or Scawen to let everyone know when! Meanwhile, just race your socks off in other cars
I think bringing the Scirocco to LFS was a bad idea from VW because the car will be so well simulated in LFS, people won't bother wasting gasoline and a lot of money on the real one.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I think bringing the Scirocco to LFS was a bad idea from VW because the car will be so well simulated in LFS, people won't bother wasting gasoline and a lot of money on the real one.

You miss the point of actually having a car. You can't open up LFS and drive to the shops and get some food.
But you can buy burger from Burger King
Licensing issue might not be that far from the truth.

Maybe the contract says they can't release the car before the expo is over, or maybe it needs to be present at another show over the next year or something, and VW might not want people having the game at home already before they finish their marketing campaign with it.

And of course a new car in LFS means it's incompatible, and knowing Scawen, I bet he wants to throw in some other stuff too, not just the car, so he needs to finish other things first.

Let's just wait and stop thinking weird big stuff is gonna happen. Hope for something small, if it is small, you'll be happy with it, if it's bigger, you'll be in heaven. If you're hoping for big stuff and it's not happening, you'll be disappointed.
Quote from mcintyrej :You miss the point of actually having a car. You can't open up LFS and drive to the shops and get some food.

good point i meen lfs is one of the best in the world but i race a 1000cc mini on an oval one every 2 weeks and lfs is nowere even close to being as good as that
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG