The online racing simulator
American Muscle
(158 posts, started )
Quote from f4sttr@ck :blah blah blah worthless trash

This is coming from someone who can't even spell the name of his home state correctly. You are a walking stereotype of a dumbassed American. Please, just stop posting. Go sit in the corner with your dunce hat on.
Quote from Lateralus :This is coming from someone who can't even spell the name of his home state correctly. You are a walking stereotype of a dumbassed American. Please, just stop posting. Go sit in the corner with your dunce hat on.

I'm srry how am I a stereotype? And lmao I'm a dumbassed American? How do you figure? And btw, I know my state is spelled wrong, Havent changed it yet and wth does spelling have to do with cars? I got a great idea for you my freind, run really really fast twoards the end of a cliff and dont stop till you hit the bottom.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :blah blah blah

the viper is a sports car

so is the vette

the ford gt40 is english.

Blah Blah Blah
Quote from Luke.S :the viper is a sports car

so is the vette

the ford gt40 is english.

Blah Blah Blah

GT40 is American.

I would love to see a proper classic American muscle car though. The original Shelby, a Cuda, Camaro, the ones that only worked in a straight line. Show them a hint of a heading change and you will end up in the nearest tree/wall/house. But that's what they were lovely for
I think you guys are thinking too heavy.
This is the type of muscle car that understeers and has way too much roll

I think this would be a better balance of handling and power. Early 70's muscle was transitioning more into small, powerful sports cars than lumbering tanks.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :more drivel

Christ, every time you post you reinforce my point. Sad really.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :GT40 is American.

No it wasn't. It was designed and built in Britain.

From Wikipedia:
To form the development team, Ford also hired the ex-Aston Martin team manager John Wyer. Ford Motor Co. engineer Roy Lunn was sent to England. [...] Broadley, Lunn and Wyer began working on the new car at Lola Factory in Bromley. At the end of 1963 the team moved to Slough, England near Heathrow airport. [...] The first chassis built by Abbey Panels of Coventry was delivered on March 16, 1963.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :Amazing how everyone thinks american cars suck... lol. How many of you have actually driven one? And how many of you are just going on what everyone else says? And I lol'ed at the guy who said they are slow. Have u ever seen a viper go 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. That slow? I've seen videos of vipers keeping right up with ferrari's with no problem, and btw, they handle pretty well too . As for those who think they just understeer all over the place, You do realize that a 400 bhp bmw will do this as well? Its not about the car but about the skill of the driver, and idk why everyone yells that they handle horribly, because honestly, unless you have drove an american car, how the hell do you know how it handles. I've never had a problem handling an american car. No it dosent handle like an evo or a miata, but it will sure as hell keep up. Any idiot can floor a high horse power car around a bend and slam it into a wall. I really dont think half of you have the skill to drive one and thats why you think they cant handle. Basically, if you dont know what your talkin about, and half you dont, shut ur trap and actually go drive one.

As for the muscle cars i would like to see in lfs

1967 shelby gt500

Ford GT40(i know, more of a supercar)

2007 corvette Z06(also considered a supercar, but would love to smoke these ppl that think american cars suck, and believe me, it will)

2005 mustang cobra

1968 camaro ss

and others, but this post is rather long as it is.

Just stop. You're making the rest of us look bad.
Quote from flymike91 :a pinto is not a muscle car. Maybe in new zealand 100 horses=ridiculous power.

I drive an american muscle car and it has yet to understeer on the track. I'm sure with all the experience europeans have with late 60's american performance cars they can tell you all about how I'm wrong.

We all have our experiences and I have my own. A few years ago a mate and I where at our local race track (Raleigh International Raceway). I had my (long sold) Nissan Pulsar (Japanese) he had his Holden Calibra (European). We paid $20 each to use the track all day when the local hire karts were not in use.

Neither of us came off once, we had a few moments but never left the track. Some dude with his Ford Mustang (late 90's) had been watching us and decided to have a go. After doing a stupid burnout, he made the first corner OK then at the first Chicane the car just understeered straight ahead off the track. He then proceeded to spin the car twice on two separate occasions on the back corners.

Sure he could have been a bad driver, but from watching the car it certainly didn't look anywhere near as composed as ours nor easy to control. At this point I must also mention my car was built in 1982. I certainly was proud to be going home in my little rice box than his ego destroying yank tank

Quote from sipheren :Just thought I would add an Aussie point of view

I would like to see these two cars added, look them up and I am sure you will find they are quite capable and would be fun to drive.

Cheers

FPV F6 - 310kW - 565Nm
FPV
HSV GTS - 317kW - 550Nm
HSV

i'm with you but i prefer something a little older like peter brocks '86 hdt http://www.brock05.com/mrhdtgallery/1986Surfers.jpg
I really think that the reason most ppl think they handle bad is becuz your used to running front wheel drive light weight cars into the corner full throttle. A powerful real wheel drive car cant do that, no matter who makes it, its just takes practice and skill, and yes some of the old american boats like the old charger are way to prone to roll and understeer, but old mustangs and the 80's camaros are small and twords the lighter side and handle much better then those giant cars.
Quote from EvilVendingMachine :This is pathetic, and it happens anytime someone post a suggestion for anything

close to, for wont of a better word, controversial. Ovals, drift cars or tracks, muscle cars, etc.

Every time someone posts a suggestion as such, people start acting like

two-year-olds and blast and flame them. The suggesters in turn start acting like

two-year-olds themselves and the thread descends into the fiery depths of forum

hell. Maybe if you people were open minded once in a god damned while there

might be intelligent discussions about what would be beneficial to add to LFS.

Thats the reason why i only read this forum when im in need of a humour dose.
Quote from ssm :So the diesel like engine makes the AMG merc's Muscle cars?

Oh yes, the infamous Mercedes Benz CL 65 AMG with a 6.5 V12 Biturbo Diesel, and the CLK 55 AMG V8 Supercharged Diesel

dude, don't speak, you will make a better impression about your IQ that way

Quote from dougie-lampkin :GT40 is American.

And Hollywood is in Japan
On the topic of muscle cars I saw the new challanger yesterday. It was black right hand drive and on the back of a lorry. Unregistered. I'd wouldn't mind cars like the New charger and new challanger.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I to all you muscle car haters arent these doing turns in both directions?
Muscle cars can turn...

That sort of action would be very nice in LFS. Racing, but not that on rails stuff we have now.

Nice find!
Surely the very fact that understeer is a common thing for the heavier boats of the classic muscle era is yet more reason they SHOULD be in there.
I love Bel Airs and Fairlanes (and others of that ilk). They're massive and heavy, but they look cool and I'd love to drive something like that.

I was under the impression that racing cars should be a challenge, rather than something any monkey can do. Otherwise the cars might as well all be on rails.
Quote from Huru-aito :That sort of action would be very nice in LFS. Racing, but not that on rails stuff we have now.

Nice find!

Thankyou i was so fed up on finding evidence becaus IMO hateing muscle cars is just as pintles as hating FF cars

Ther type of car exciset you cant just wipe its excistence from the earths face people seem to forget that every car can be bad and made better thenks to al kind of tweaks and moders muscle cars can also turn and pretty dammed fast to.

Also people seem to forget the CORVETTE is also a muscle car and everyone loves that
Any vehicle can be raced, and more content is always great! Add those muscle cars. Add 50's, 60's and 70's cars anyway... nimble lotus against sheer mustang power... I'd LOVE to race these.

... and please, get rid of this childish "more important things (i.e. what I want) first" and "that's not what LFS needs (i.e. what I want)" attitudes.
#71 - T.J.
An amercian inspired car really deserve a place in LFS since very much of the racing as we know it has roots back in the US.
Quote from Bandit77 :... and please, get rid of this childish "more important things"

scawen concentrating on finishing the broken bits of code and finally adding proper trailing arm simulation before thinking about adding solid axle simulations and eric finally finishing the models of the cars we already have is indeed more important than starting another huge project that would just end up half arsed
Quote from Chrisuu01 :

Also people seem to forget the CORVETTE is also a muscle car and everyone loves that

I would like to see a corvette in this game, would be so much fun. It would have to be an old stingray though or something of the sort. Adding a new corvette would just demolish anything in this game except the bf1.
#74 - Jakg
So a Road Car would demolish a GTR or the FO8?

(hint - no)
#75 - th84
What a bunch of retards.

American Muscle
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG