The online racing simulator
American Muscle
(158 posts, started )
Any new content is A Good Thing as long as its modelled properly. A *bicycle* woould be a good thing, if it was modelled well. Hence a proper muscle car that displays all the stereotypically 'muscle car' traits would be a welcome addition.

EDIT: alright, maybe not a bicycle.. Maybe something like a Smart Car. Actually I'd quite enjoy that on something like Fern Bay Green.
I sometimes dream, that one day, LFS will have a old school 69 Camaro. Tuned to 450hp, i dream of taking it to the dragstrip and getting upto the lights. Flooring it, and grinning as the front wheels lift ever so slightly off the ground...

:lovies3d:
Quote from Jakg :So a Road Car would demolish a GTR or the FO8?

Well, the GTR's aren't that fast. Faster then a ZR1 would be, though. But we need a more powerful GTR1 class with 6-10cyl engines, and bump the existing GTRs down to a GTR2 class IMO
Quote from Jakg :So a Road Car would demolish a GTR or the FO8?

(hint - no)

actually, the corvette Z06 has a max speed of almost 200 mph, getting it to reach that speed might be hard, although considering the F08 and the GTR top out at around an average of 165, depending on the set, it would put up a hell of a fight.
#82 - JJ72
you are making me laugh.
#83 - Jakg
Quote from f4sttr@ck :actually, the corvette Z06 has a max speed of almost 200 mph, getting it to reach that speed might be hard, although considering the F08 and the GTR top out at around an average of 165, depending on the set, it would put up a hell of a fight.

Yes, because slicks and downforce and miniscule weight make no difference - it's all about top-speed.
Quote from Jakg :Yes, because slicks and downforce and miniscule weight make no difference - it's all about top-speed.

Actually it is possible to out corner a GTR in an FZ5.
Quote from Luke.S :Actually it is possible to out corner a GTR in an FZ5.

any proof?
I'll post a replay if u want.
#87 - JJ72
post it than.

unless it's in extreme condition like a really tight hairpin I ain't convinced.
anyywayyyy
50's cars are a little too old for my taste. I've driven a 55 chevy and its cool to look at but not really fun. They seriously top out at like 80 mph. Late 60's and early 70's muscle would be great though.
Quote from JJ72 :unless it's in extreme condition like a really...

lame driver in the GTR?
#91 - JJ72
how old are you?

You started knowing about cars since when?

do you have Z06's laptime on any main america track? leguna? limerock? sebring etc? find one and compare it with the lap time of a GT car. there's absolutely no competition.
15 horsepowers are - well - a fly.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :I would like to see a corvette in this game, would be so much fun. It would have to be an old stingray though or something of the sort. Adding a new corvette would just demolish anything in this game except the bf1.

Quote from f4sttr@ck :actually, the corvette Z06 has a max speed of almost 200 mph, getting it to reach that speed might be hard, although considering the F08 and the GTR top out at around an average of 165, depending on the set, it would put up a hell of a fight.

Quote from f4sttr@ck :Well actually it looks like a GTR would have more downforce then a corvette, and yeah slicks are faster, but the Z06 has 15 more horsepower then the GTR cars so I would guess on a pretty even match.

http://images.motortrend.com/feature...enger_side.jpg

http://www.asmo.allian.net/pics/dive...ian_1280_2.jpg

My money is still on the vette.

Mercy... Please... I don't know if I should laugh or cry...
Quote from f4sttr@ck :but the Z06 has 15 more horsepower then the GTR cars so I would guess on a pretty even match.

Dude, take the FZ50 - that's your Vette for now. Ok, bit less power... but just wait.

Drive a couple of laps on - let's say - Blackwood.

Now take the XFR - a "weak" car with only 260 hp. Drive a couple of laps too.

Notice anything?

... you could even take the UFR!
Love to have a CTS like this one in LFS.

Just a month ago I watched this car smoke Porches, Mustangs, Vipers Astons and the occasional Vette in the American LeMans Series at Mid-Ohio.
Attached images
CTS.png
cadillac cts-v is amazing. It smokes every car in its class and some out of it too, but i don't think thats what people think of when they imagine american muscle. new camaro or challenger on the other hand..
I think that LFS needs a top speed test track with a straight away. The reason is not only because it would be incredibly fun, but it would be interesting to test the stability of the LFS cars when they are at top speed. I mean, the FZ5 definitely could get to 170mph+ if we had enough room. Because when you look at the top speed rating of production cars, they have huge distance to get to that speed.
I return to the suggestion of the VW top secret test track that May tested the Bugatti's top speed on. "It's so straight and flat you can see the Earth's curvature!", apparently
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I return to the suggestion of the VW top secret test track that May tested the Bugatti's top speed on. "It's so straight and flat you can see the Earth's curvature!", apparently

What about the GM milford road course? seems dangerous enough to be added to the game

American Muscle
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG