The online racing simulator
American Muscle
(158 posts, started )
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :blah blah blah... useless drivel...
Well...I'm done reading these forums for a while...

Good. Go away. No one cares what you think.
This is pathetic, and it happens anytime someone post a suggestion for anything

close to, for wont of a better word, controversial. Ovals, drift cars or tracks, muscle cars, etc.

Every time someone posts a suggestion as such, people start acting like

two-year-olds and blast and flame them. The suggesters in turn start acting like

two-year-olds themselves and the thread descends into the fiery depths of forum

hell. Maybe if you people were open minded once in a god damned while there

might be intelligent discussions about what would be beneficial to add to LFS.
i would like to drive a muscle car in LFS. i think those people who dont want american cars in LFS probably cant even drive LX6 fast because its "too hard" for them.
Quote from The Stig PL :i would like to drive a muscle car in LFS. i think those people who dont want american cars in LFS probably cant even drive LX6 fast because its "too hard" for them.

i like you
I don't want a muscle car. I can drive an LX6 at stupidly fast speeds. I want a you guessed it Kia. Much more fun than some big automatic 300bhp V8 that isn't very fast.
If everyones driving a muscle car on the same track then its competitive no matter how badly a car handles, even on a technical circuit.

I would like some more variety in cars, but at the same time I want things like collision physics to be improved beforehand.
you didn't just compare the lx6 to American muscle cars, did you? In any case, it's not even relevant.
Quote from Luke.S :I don't want a muscle car. I can drive an LX6 at stupidly fast speeds. I want a you guessed it Kia. Much more fun than some big automatic 300bhp V8 that isn't very fast.

did anyone said it should be an automatic gearbox?
4 speed manual would be great
#34 - ssm
Quote from Klutch :Why?
So we can under-steer off into a wall?

European Gran Tourers are just as bad.
Scavier wouldn't add a muscle car that had too many of the worst aspects of the type. It wouldn't completely handle like a brick with cooked fronts, it wouldn't feel like it sank into the tarmac everytime it cornered, it wouldn't have an automatic gearbox, nor a 4 speed... None of that would fit in LFS' scheme. None of the characteristics that the american muscle cars like the Vette, Viper, and also older ones like the Chevelle etc, or that the Aussie muscle cars also share, are disqualifying for LFS.
A muscle car'd be one more type of car for the LFS car-set and with some work Scavier will make it fit in. Just like every other type of car in LFS so far. The FZ5 and RAC made the cut despite "not cornering" like a front engined and/or FWD car that're so much more conventional to flog. The latest ZR1 lapped the ring on par with the latest GT-R, breaking records along the way... Hardly a big automatic 300bhp V8 that isn't very fast.
#36 - JJ72
I am not sure, if you make true original mopar muscle cars, they are an acquired taste as far as handling goes. fun for some people, dismissal for the other.

modern muscles cars are not really muscles cars really, the only thing left is big low revving engines, and from that perspective the AMG mercs are modern muscle cars as well, but I doubt it's what people have in mind when they talk about muscle cars in LFS.

a muscle car should be something that would complete the blackwood back straight in 3 gears.

but if you ask me I would like big block modern tourers, over old school american muscle.
See, that's what made them classic.

Most of them were built to be big and take a family. It was the modders that turned them into race cars. So the handling is crap and they feel like boats. But they all look different. Big fins in the 50s, lots of chrome. It's about them LOOKING cool, the handling was something you had to adapt to. No ABS, no PAS, no CPUs, no BS.

And that's why I love them over modern cars. Wind tunnels are making everything look identical and removing the personality. Even the changes to modern muscle (the 94 Viper is far better looking than the new SRT-10) are horrible. And safety features are making driving easier and more boring. Great for the government safety figures and healthcare, but bad for enthusiasts.
Assuming there's only going to be one muscle car in LFS, it's going to be some synthesis of all muscle cars. An old muscle car or 30's hotrod/ratrod isn't going to be what LFS can use, and the latest traditionaly american sports/supercars designs don't have enough of the old character.. So the sweet spot would be some compromise between the two. I think there's plenty of material to improvise a muscle car that a lot more than just the muscle car fans will like.
There's no reason to only have one (there's no "maximum car limit"), but I'll admit that having too many could saturate it too much. Maybe a couple with different characteristics.

I already mentioned the 1932 Ford Coupe, and I stand by it. Regular one to match the UF1 and a more powerful version with some aero kit for a GTR version to go with the UFR and XFR.

There's plenty of ways you can combine parts of each car. Burnout Paradise has a car that looks like a big chunky hybrid of 65 Mustang and 67 Camaro, with a bit of 69 Charger mixed in - something like that would be a dream come true.
It might end up too similar to the XR though, that'd be my biggest worry.

But LFS has a V8 engine model, they might as well use it!
I think there'd only be one model (road and track variants) because of the democratic car limit.. There's no vote on new cars, but the game is made for an audience that IMO doesn't have tolerance for more than one muscle car. I'd be glad to be wrong though.
Quote from Dajmin :There's plenty of ways you can combine parts of each car. Burnout Paradise has a car that looks like a big chunky hybrid of 65 Mustang and 67 Camaro, with a bit of 69 Charger mixed in - something like that would be a dream come true.

Yep...
Quote :It might end up too similar to the XR though, that'd be my biggest worry.

I don't think Scavier would make such an obvious mistake as making the a car too much like the XR. It'd be heavier.. closest existing analog, I think, would be a front-engined FZR. The muscle car archetype is too different from everything we have in LFS so far for that to really be worrying. They've already shown that they know how to make up cars. Giving it leaf springs would probably be enough to break any such impression
Attached images
392-dodge-challenger-1.jpg
thumb1280x1280_2667576983_5e67512ec3_o.jpg
#41 - ssm
Quote from Dajmin :But they all look different. Big fins in the 50s, lots of chrome.

Did the G-body cars have chrome and fins? The ford monte carlo?

Quote from JJ72 :and from that perspective the AMG mercs are modern muscle cars as well

So the diesel like engine makes the AMG merc's Muscle cars?
Just found the car that is needed in LFS. It surpasses the suggestion of musclecars, it surpasses the suggestions of prototypes, it surpasses the suggestions of Australian V8s. It surpasses every suggestion that has ever been suggested......

The Griswald's Family Truckster!
#44 - JJ72
Quote from ssm :So the diesel like engine makes the AMG merc's Muscle cars?

Diesel like?
pssssst... the monte carlo is a GM design, not ford
Irrelevant of who made it, it's still loaded up with what looks suspiciously like chrome to me.

http://www.ridejudge.com/rides/00003891.jpg

The grill, round the lights, along the sides, the bumper, round the windscreen, the wheels. So yes, chrome FTW
I'd like to see a "muscle car" in LFS for the sake of Americans to understand how badly they suck.

Of course it would be nice to race it also
only reason why people immediately start bashing a muscle car thread is because most of the time they first think of a old car from the 60's when the starter really meant a car from today.

A real car person wouldnt bash a car or say it sucks. Only Brock Yates has the authority to do that.
Just thought I would add an Aussie point of view

I would like to see these two cars added, look them up and I am sure you will find they are quite capable and would be fun to drive.

Cheers

FPV F6 - 310kW - 565Nm
FPV
HSV GTS - 317kW - 550Nm
HSV
Amazing how everyone thinks american cars suck... lol. How many of you have actually driven one? And how many of you are just going on what everyone else says? And I lol'ed at the guy who said they are slow. Have u ever seen a viper go 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. That slow? I've seen videos of vipers keeping right up with ferrari's with no problem, and btw, they handle pretty well too . As for those who think they just understeer all over the place, You do realize that a 400 bhp bmw will do this as well? Its not about the car but about the skill of the driver, and idk why everyone yells that they handle horribly, because honestly, unless you have drove an american car, how the hell do you know how it handles. I've never had a problem handling an american car. No it dosent handle like an evo or a miata, but it will sure as hell keep up. Any idiot can floor a high horse power car around a bend and slam it into a wall. I really dont think half of you have the skill to drive one and thats why you think they cant handle. Basically, if you dont know what your talkin about, and half you dont, shut ur trap and actually go drive one.

As for the muscle cars i would like to see in lfs

1967 shelby gt500

Ford GT40(i know, more of a supercar)

2007 corvette Z06(also considered a supercar, but would love to smoke these ppl that think american cars suck, and believe me, it will)

2005 mustang cobra

1968 camaro ss

and others, but this post is rather long as it is.

American Muscle
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG