The online racing simulator
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Well,global illumination or something like that was set on very high,to get better result on the lights

try with medium settings and it will looks like the same...
WIP brake disc:

holy shite!

atm the disk itself looks like it is out of wood :P
------------------------------------------------------
im new to 3ds max so i tried few things out. thanks to liner32 for this public scene.

please can someone tell me how to put other rims on the cars?
i have max. rims but it won´t import them and 3ds is very small and i dont know how to re-size it right

If the wheel is in .3ds format you need to Import it, if it's a .MAX file you need to merge it, both options are under File.

If they are smaller or larger than the car, all you need to do is resize them.
yep i already knewed how to import 3ds (but thanks at all :P) but how can i re-size them right?
i only know how to size them step by step (size right side, size up, size down etc.) i want to size them like in blender (in one type and keep the geometryc)
Quote from BastianB :yep i already knewed how to import 3ds (but thanks at all :P) but how can i re-size them right?
i only know how to size them step by step (size right side, size up, size down etc.) i want to size them like in blender (in one type and keep the geometryc)

Just put your cursor over the center of the Resizing gizmo, it should change colour. The same thing can be done with outer parts, but that will only resize in 2 directions, instead of all 3. Resizeing 1 way you just need to use the lines.

You should take a look at the turoials on http://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.php?tutorials/, you should be able to download all of the tutorials in pdf format from the shop for free.
Update on my FZR scene, comments are welcome
Attached images
Render.jpg
Quote from LineR32 :Just put your cursor over the center of the Resizing gizmo, it should change colour. The same thing can be done with outer parts, but that will only resize in 2 directions, instead of all 3. Resizeing 1 way you just need to use the lines.

You should take a look at the turoials on http://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.php?tutorials/, you should be able to download all of the tutorials in pdf format from the shop for free.

ok thanks mate

i found out if you right click at the object then scale (right square from it) and then you get some window where you can scale it, too

btw nice render jonaz i like the rims
Just messing with Mental Ray :P
Attached images
UF1_Mental Ray.jpg

didn´t download some breakdisk till now but will add some in next renders maybe
Attached images
xrt8b 4.png
-
(jonaz lindberg) DELETED by jonaz lindberg
Thought it was time for my FZR to get some 3d lights
Attached images
3d lampor.jpg
LineR32, i just downloadet your xrg open eyes scene, but one question:

how can i change the color of the ground? if it is impossible i would have it in red, can you tell me how to change please?
You need to go into the render options and look for CSG server iirc. If you go into Luma server you can change the light colour back to white. If you press 8 you can change the background colour as well.

Might be best to look through the render tutorial on wiki to find out about this.
W.I.P. needs some corrections... Lowered the bumpers and skirts...
Attached images
FZdrift.jpg
FZ_Tuned2.jpg
FZ_Tuned.jpg
meh.jpg
XRT Drift bodykit made by me.

Render 3dsmax2008 + V-ray
Attached images
XRT_DRIFT_VERSION_MAX_Model_2.jpg
XRT_DRIFT_VERSION_MAX_Model_3.jpg
Quote from Töki (HUN) :W.I.P. needs some corrections... Lowered the bumpers and skirts...

elég jó lett mr töki úr,olyan mint egy cápa
My first Proper Render
Ok so i am new to rendering and modeling and these are my first two decent renders. Keep in mind im new so be easy on me

Middle of Hood is supposed to be damaged,i was trying something out.
Soooo what d'ya think???
Quote from e2mustang :elég jó lett mr töki úr,olyan mint egy cápa

I wanted to give it a more agressive look. Need to work on the edges...
Töki(bmw friend)Your FZ needs 3D lights,cause agressive look like that and then just some pictures as lights,and imo it could really use some real 240sx lights:P
teamskin of my old team 8balls-racing

render is in high-res but uploadet just smaller version
Attached images
XRG_8balls_big.jpg
Quote from BastianB :teamskin of my old team 8balls-racing

render is in high-res but uploadet just smaller version

Love the render, hate the rims.. :P
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Töki(bmw friend)Your FZ needs 3D lights,cause agressive look like that and then just some pictures as lights,and imo it could really use some real 240sx lights:P

Yeah I know, lots of stuff to do yet... LONG LIVE BMW!
XRR outdoors...

My first render..

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG