The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Jertje :It was me who nudged you there, when I was just poking you a bit that lap I noticed that I had a lot less understeer, and my acceleration point was a bit sooner than you there, my lack of attention did the rest. Pretty funny though; I've been t-boned at near full-speed with no effect on the controls, but that tiny nudge busted your suspension good then?

Set is attached, it's a bit twitchy every once in a while, especially coming out of Abbey and when braking hard, but it's all very manageable and the tire-wear seems alright for a 25 lap race. - I'm not actually sure if it's my butchered version or Alan's original, but it's a good basis either way and much better than the default set.

I know it was you. Just didn't want to mention it to everyone. :P

The amount of oversteer I had in that corner was ridiculous... Possibly 1 sec slower through there.
Thanks for the set. Will download it when at home. Btw, I entered you as friend, so there is a good chance we'll see each other again
Armin, liked my demonstration on how to do barrel-roll with Radical in first corner?
Quote from A.Ulleri :iRacing is only compatible with a wheel and is forced cockpit view.

Is this really true? Could I do what I do in LFS and setup my pad as if it were a wheel, just by changing the axis around? I'm not concerned about how sensative brakes might be, or steering, because I've raced GPL, GTL, GTR and RBR with a gamepad, and I manage to do pretty well on those.

I just want to test iracing for a month to see if a gamepad is viable, but if you can't even use one then I obviously won't bother with the game and they lose a potential customer.
Quote from eakew :Hi Jason! good races yesterday (Félix from liveforspeed.es )

Hiya Felix, yeah was fun mate. I kept building a big lead then would wait for you, let you pass then some numpty soltice would ram me off the road, time and again, but enjoyed it loads. Got my Legends time at Laguna to 1.41.51, which I think is quite good. Got to learn that summit point next
I'll pop my Xbox 360 controller in and see what I can do Quicksilver

Edit: Well, it certainly works... but iRacing definitely doesn't have the variety of options that LFS has; you just calibrate and you're off. It automatically calculates your "wheel's" rotation range and you're off.

I guess it works... but I wouldn't bother with it myself. (nor would I in LFS, or any other racing sim)
Thanks mate, all I would need is a right stick for accel/brake and the left one for steering. Then I can work with the rest of it, I can manage to get to the front in LFS using a gamepad, so if it works in iracing I might just scrape into the top 6 with enough practice.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of iracing, but its still way too expensive in my opinion, especially having to pay for a demo, they need to make a demo of 1 track and only allow people to practice, so that at least people can test bloody gamepads!
Please do mate, as I said earlier, I have no time to compare to, and I know you are fast, so let me know what times you manage, i'm sure they will be quicker than mine

Edit: Oops, sorry there, got involved in the wrong conversation..
Quote from Crommi :Armin, liked my demonstration on how to do barrel-roll with Radical in first corner?

Sry, I guess I missed that Be sure to demonstrate it again in the next race
Just finished 4th which isn't bad for my first ever finished race lol. I was second of the solstices and first in my class (rookie solstice).

The guy in the solstice who was in front of me clearly had a better setup since he was running 28s lol.

Rookie solstice @ Summit Point Raceway - New PB - 1:30.9

The game's actually pretty fun but it's missing that factor of training for like 2 weeks for a big event for example. If they hosted big events which were sponsored with prizes it would be simply amazing.

P.S: I'll be in the Laguna Seca race in the rookie solstice starting in 9 mins if anyone wants to join.
Quote from Jertje :I'll pop my Xbox 360 controller in and see what I can do Quicksilver

Edit: Well, it certainly works... but iRacing definitely doesn't have the variety of options that LFS has; you just calibrate and you're off. It automatically calculates your "wheel's" rotation range and you're off.

I guess it works... but I wouldn't bother with it myself. (nor would I in LFS, or any other racing sim)

I race with an X-Box controller, I have enough control with it to hold a long slide in a Formula BMW.

Quote from StableX :here's an interesting review:

http://racesimcentral.com/inde ... w&id=64&Itemid=68

Awsome. Though, what does it feel like to drive? Similar to LFS? GTR? GPL?
Feels to me a bit like LFS. More the GTR2 that's for sure.

Really well made.
I'm signed up, just need an invite when they next send them out. I've held slides in a Lister Storm on GTR using a PS2 pad, so if iracing is a little better than that and doesn't feel like you're floating on ice then I should be fine. I will get the 1 month just to be sure I like it, if I do then I will splash out on a full years worth. Just got some back dated money I was owed from a previous employer and its burning a hole in my pocket.
I have been practicing a bit with the skippy at infineon long.

I ran a 1:49.17. Not really sure how or why it was so much faster than my previous best (by a full second) but that seems to be how I'm learning the car...suddenly I just have a faster lap, and then struggle to figure out how the hell I did it.

Currently I'm messing with setup stuff and am starting to get rid of some of the ridiculous oversteer.

A couple laps after some setup changes it crashed my computer. I think it was all the alt tabbing I did while reading about wtf spring perch is...all I want is more camber, and desperately some more camber

I got more camber but am now afraid of bottoming out...time to go test.
Quote from evilpimp :Feels to me a bit like LFS. More the GTR2 that's for sure.

Really well made.

Eh, GTR really doesn't float my boat. In fact, it takes a shotgun and makes holes in the bottom of the haul.
I meant more THEN GTR2 lol. it doesnt feel like your floating like in GTR. And the dodgy effect were u lose FFB when understeering isn't anywere near how bad it is in GTR.

i think iracing is great. I really don't know which is better, LFS or iRacing. They're kinda equal in my head right now.
Oh? What about when you factor NetKar Pro into the equation?
It depends what version of nkpro. I don't have the full version of nkpro yet. But from what I've seen in the demo. It's bearly under the other 2 for me. But apperently the new build for nkpro that is going to get released is a huge improvement. So have to wait and see if it's good enough to join the top sims.
Quote from evilpimp :I meant more THEN GTR2 lol. it doesnt feel like your floating like in GTR. And the dodgy effect were u lose FFB when understeering isn't anywere near how bad it is in GTR.

i think iracing is great. I really don't know which is better, LFS or iRacing. They're kinda equal in my head right now.

glad you are having fun mate. you were certainly patient waiting to give it a try

I think the solstice is wicked fun!
I just wish they would include a Honda S2000.
hehe yep. Solstice is loads of fun. Sucks that I'm stuck in Rookie for now though. When will I be able to advance and get my iRating up?

It's a really fun sim

Tomorow i think i'll try the oval a bit .
found a nice bug while practicing at infineon

just roll up to the spot right in front of my car in picture 1

I give it a 10 for the flip, but a 2 for the landing

Quote from evilpimp :hehe yep. Solstice is loads of fun. Sucks that I'm stuck in Rookie for now though. When will I be able to advance and get my iRating up?

It's a really fun sim

Tomorow i think i'll try the oval a bit .

whats your name on there again?

the legend is fun - just get it tight inside on the corners hehehe!

you need to get up to 4 as soon as you can. the cleaner your races the faster you get up the Safety rating. so clean is better than speed at the start!
Can you practice offline without killing your safety rating?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Can you practice offline without killing your safety rating?

yeah, totally! I might be wrong but I think the practice too you can race online and not aff3ect your SR. Just not this week
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG