The online racing simulator
I've heard such mixed things about Hancock.

Best film I've seen in the theater lately, far and away, is WALL-E. Great movie, but what else can you expect from Pixar?
I've been going to the cinema every wednesday for the past few weeks. Here's what I thought of some of the films I've seen recently:

Hancock was quite good, the second half when he stops being an arsehole isn't as good.

The Happening wasn't good. Luckily, I'd heard so much about how crap it was before seeing it, it didn't seem so bad.

Sex & the City, I er, almost got chucked out of this one. Three hours of old, emotional unstable bints talking about sex.

Adulthood is a really good film, but probably doesn't make much sense without seeing Kidulthood.

Kung Fu Panda I saw today, wasn't bad but was quite short. Couldn't have been longer than an hour and twenty minutes long. But overall was quite good.
Quote from DTrott :I've been going to the cinema every wednesday for the past few weeks. Here's what I thought of some of the films I've seen recently:

Hancock was quite good, the second half when he stops being an arsehole isn't as good.

The Happening wasn't good. Luckily, I'd heard so much about how crap it was before seeing it, it didn't seem so bad.

Sex & the City, I er, almost got chucked out of this one. Three hours of old, emotional unstable bints talking about sex.

Adulthood is a really good film, but probably doesn't make much sense without seeing Kidulthood.

Kung Fu Panda I saw today, wasn't bad but was quite short. Couldn't have been longer than an hour and twenty minutes long. But overall was quite good.

Let me guess. Orange wednesdays.
I have a mixed taste in regards to films, I like some more thought-provoking stuff like Children of Men, as well some masterpieces like Lucky Number Slevin. Sometimes, though, I need something mindless, like Crank or Shoot 'Em Up (brilliant film in it's own way, Shoot 'Em Up, loved every minute of it). I saw Wanted last week with some friends. It was great fun. Rediculous and stupid, although not as rediculous or stupid as Shoot 'Em Up mind you. I loved it.

If you expect some real character development or a thorough and well-thought out plot, don't bother. If you want something mindless, go nuts. You'll enjoy.
The Bank Job

Already been suggested, but I really liked it, the description on the front about it being a British version of Oceans Eleven, but better, is pretty accurate. The most amazing part of it is how it doesn't look or feel like its a film set in the 70s, it just feels like the 70s, you are not really aware that its a fake 70s they made for the film. You can see why if you get the DVD and watch the extras, because the detail they went into is quite amazing.

Jumper

The only decent actor is the Billy Elliot guy, I keep forgetting his name. But the concept and the way its been shot and edited is really cool, not a thinkers film, just some good special effects and action really.

I think the director saved it from being a really shit film though, and he did he best to get better actors because he got rid of the entire cast when he came in to do the film, despite them having already done some of the shooting, he kept on one guy, and that was the Billy Elliot one (I should google his name but I can't be arsed).

He also got them to change the script like a thousand times, and if you watch the DVD extras you can see him getting his hands dirty helping out with everything, including the stunts.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Best film I've seen in the theater lately, far and away, is WALL-E. Great movie, but what else can you expect from Pixar?

Seconded. Watched it last night - absolutely frikkin brilliant. I even had a lump in my throat at the end, even though I was telling myself it's just a bloody animation about fictitious robots in the future! So cute though - poor lonely little robot - bless him.

I want WALL-E as a pet robot around the flat.
w00t - Luckily I've got some free tickets to Wall-E so i'll be seeing it on Sunday.
nice one. It's hard to imagine anyone not enjoying it, imho. It's up there with Toy Story 2, but with a lot more thought & development put into the characters.
Lets see, I saw the "Happening" in the cinema a few weeks ago, it wasn't THAT bad, imho, but could have been a lot better.
Saw the "Blair witch project" a week ago, not a new movie, but it was quite good, scary stuff.
Watched the "Bourne trilogy" again the other day, it's still great =D
"Be kind rewind" - good little comedy, it starts slowly, but it builds up and then it's great.
"Drillbit Taylor" - sh!tload of fun don't expect your brain to hurt, tho'.
"Into the wild" - a very good film, watch it, you'll love it.
"Music within" - i liked it a lot.
"Superhero Movie" - nobrainer, but i lol'd a lot Leslie Nielsen FTW!
"The Darjeeling Limited" - now this is one strange movie, because i can't really say why, but i liked it when i watched it :P

And while i'm here - There will be blood - what's your opinion about this movie ? I watched it with my father a few weeks ago and we both found it very veeeery boring. The acting was good, realy good, but it just aint a film for a sunny summer afternoon ,imho :P

ps: sorry if the movies i mentioned were already suggested in the topic, didn't read all the pages.
pps: sorry for the incredibly "lowskill" english of this post, my brain is washed out because of the 1200+ km journey i just came home of
Quote from MataGyula :And while i'm here - There will be blood - what's your opinion about this movie ? I watched it with my father a few weeks ago and we both found it very veeeery boring. The acting was good, realy good, but it just aint a film for a sunny summer afternoon ,imho :P

Best movie of last year, by a small margin over No Country for Old Men.

Another one I saw recently...

[REC]

Spanish horror film shot as documentary. Sort of in the same vein as Blair Witch and Cloverfield. Extremely effective if a bit predictable.
There is a US remake coming soon, Quarantine, hopefully they don't ruin it like they did with all the Japanese horror remakes.........
Oh, I'm sure it'll be horrible.

Though it does star the sister from Dexter...
Quote from Luke.S :Let me guess. Orange wednesdays.

Of course.

Also, it's nice as we can go to the pub round the corner afterwards and it's always empty on a Wednesday night.

I should've mentioned but forgot; Adulthood is quite a moving film as well as a good watch.

Also I thought Bank Job was quite a good film.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Best movie of last year, by a small margin over No Country for Old Men.

Another one I saw recently...

[REC]

Spanish horror film shot as documentary. Sort of in the same vein as Blair Witch and Cloverfield. Extremely effective if a bit predictable.

How come you always watch something I have in the watch-list?

About 'Into the Wild'. I think the movie was over average, but commenting on the man. Well.. he was plain' stupid. Going into the wild with no proper supplies, no map and not even thinking about the river rising and all such. Not knowing what to do with the.. damn, whatever deer it was. Pointless man. But, again, the movie was good.
Quote from Lible :How come you always watch something I have in the watch-list?

Great minds, you know?

I'd recommend reading the Into the Wild book, btw. It's a fantastic read and Krakauer really shows all sides of it.
@DeadWolfBones
No country for old men is a great film, watched it two times already, and planning to watch it a couple more. REC is also good, just like Diary of the dead - this has something more to it, some philosophy and stuff (not mutch, but enough).
The Nines - saw it yesterday, i liked it a lot, my sister didn't, but then again she's just 16
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'd recommend reading the Into the Wild book, btw. It's a fantastic read and Krakauer really shows all sides of it.

I hope it sheds some light into aspects of the story that in the movie just didn't add up.
Saw Chugyeogja [The Chaser] yesterday. Over-the-average action-crime-thriller that portrays the Korean police as idiots.

I've been obsessed with French filmnoirs lately btw.

@PwrSlave: The DVD is going to be released in September.
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481536/

A good stoner movie ;D Some slapstick jokes, but some were really funny =] + it had NPH, he is pretty funny
Quote from Lible :Saw Chugyeogja [The Chaser] yesterday. Over-the-average action-crime-thriller that portrays the Korean police as idiots.

I saw this too and liked it a lot.
Is there any movie you haven't seen DWB?
Quote from MAGGOT :Is there any movie you haven't seen DWB?

And books he hasn't read.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG