The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :In fact that would be not because you are at high speed, but because you are viewing the car from a distance. Then the Z-buffer resolution is reduced so the graphics card doesn't know which pixels should be drawn. I think the change in the wheel drawing means this can come up a bit more.

But anyway, I just wanted to suggest to you to make sure your Z buffer depth is set to 24, not 16 (at the bottom of Graphics Options). This provides better visual results on all computers in these extreme cases but should not be used by people with old cards or ones with smaller memory.

I've noticed this after I set Z-Buffer to 16... so with 24 it's OK.
Quote from Scawen :In fact that would be not because you are at high speed, but because you are viewing the car from a distance. Then the Z-buffer resolution is reduced so the graphics card doesn't know which pixels should be drawn. I think the change in the wheel drawing means this can come up a bit more.

But anyway, I just wanted to suggest to you to make sure your Z buffer depth is set to 24, not 16 (at the bottom of Graphics Options). This provides better visual results on all computers in these extreme cases but should not be used by people with old cards or ones with smaller memory.

Ah! I noticed this also when watching a replay from Blackwood. Very good info, thank you!
Scawen, thanks for patch X,Y, and now Z... I like the new steering wheels in the demo cars, hopefully one day i can get the full version , nd the wheels on the XR, they are awesome.
The patch is great, I like those new dials and interiors on GTR cars are just awesome. Also the XF GTI now really looks like a street car.

But I would really like to see FXO and RB4 with new dashes. At the moment they are so low textured. UFR, XFR and XRR all have new interiors, but FXR and FZR are still like streetcars with rollcages.

Too bad since they are my favourite cars.
Quote from mixer13134 :
But I would really like to see FXO and RB4 with new dashes. At the moment they are so low textured. UFR, XFR and XRR all have new interiors, but FXR and FZR are still like streetcars with rollcages. (

The thing i'm dying to see are the new LX interiors! I hope they do end up in the next patch along with the other cars and they get some atention regarding physics... but that probably won't happen till christmass acording to LFS patch history..
Ian had good point in hes posts.. I mean, this is only alpha and it took 6years to finish it? or is it finished now?..

Well I like lfs the way it is but there should come updates more often for an alpha version.. If they would add tracks and cars more often it would be damn nice, I am getting a bit bored of these. More tracks and cars would make ppl to buy the game, and by that we would get much more servers and players to internet and that would increase buyers too!

Developers, please just think about it.. You would make good money and no one wouldn't be dissapointed!

And for s3, make it ready before publishing it please..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :And for s3, make it ready before publishing it please..

What makes you think that they wouldn't?
Quote from zeugnimod :What makes you think that they wouldn't?

because this s2 isn't ready at all.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :because this s2 isn't ready at all.

LOL? It's just as good, if not better than other racing sims out at the moment. It just has some bugs that are being worked on, like, well, the other racing sims. Find me a 100% bug-free racing sim for £24 please

If you don't think it's ready, why did you buy it? You could see from the demo exactly what it would be like
#460 - hda
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :because this s2 isn't ready at all.

LFS isn't ready at all, that's why the development is separated in 3 stages..

It's supposed to be like this.. The community giving its feedback to the devs while they are building the game. LFS couldn't happen in any other way.. simply not viable
If you don't want to play a non finished game, then wait about 5 years, download the final S2 and return to the forums.

If you are here you have accepted that LFS is not finished
Quote from dougie-lampkin :LOL? It's just as good, if not better than other racing sims out at the moment. It just has some bugs that are being worked on, like, well, the other racing sims. Find me a 100% bug-free racing sim for £24 please

If you don't think it's ready, why did you buy it? You could see from the demo exactly what it would be like

I meant "wasn't" but nevermind. little mistake in that..
And, why did I bought it? I LIKE IT for **** sake.. Best racing simulation ever.. I played in demo since 2004 and bought s2 june 2007..
Thx alot scawen. Cant wait to try it out.
So cant demo racers use this? I cant get it to work and it says i need a game password.
Demo racers have to register on lfs.net too and create a password.
Quote from Sponge :Demo racers have to register on lfs.net too and create a password.

Isnt the password i am logged into now the one?
Quote from thebullet :Isnt the password i am logged into now the one?

No, that's your WEBpassword you use to log in to lfs.net and to these forums.

You have to set a GAMEpassword on lfs.net with which you can go online.
Quote from zeugnimod :No, that's your WEBpassword you use to log in to lfs.net and to these forums.

You have to set a GAMEpassword on lfs.net with which you can go online.

Ohh got it now thanks alot guys.
Quote from Sponge :Demo racers have to register on lfs.net too and create a password.

And that is a great feature, making demo user register, therefore taking away the anonymity.
Quote from mixer13134 :But I would really like to see FXO and RB4 with new dashes. At the moment they are so low textured. UFR, XFR and XRR all have new interiors, but FXR and FZR are still like streetcars with rollcages.

Too bad since they are my favourite cars.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44905

So according to that plan is to get all interiors (except LX4/6, MRT and RAC, at least these are not mentioned) updated before alpha tag is removed. "FZ" and "FXO" are mentioned and specifically "remaining GTR cars", but that must mean also the road cars.

-
Like it, I really like new models, I know there is a lot of people out there that doesn't like eye candy, but I do, and love the new ones, lot of small details like the heat strips and overall sense of road car interior.

I hope S2 final means every car has a new model, especially the old and forgotten S1 RB4.

Come on Eric, you have the talent, now back to work

PD: :As a user, my relation with SW developers consists on asking and asking for more Damn users.

EDIT:

Quote from deggis :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44905

So according to that plan is to get all interiors (except LX4/6, MRT and RAC, at least these are not mentioned?) updated before alpha tag is removed.

Ooops, I've been out of the forums for some time so didn't read that, I'm glad they are going for the old RB4

As for the LXs and RAC, well, the interiors are fine, but I would like just a proper wheel added, different for both models and connected to the dashboard.
Is it normal when AI with Drive Throught Penalty enter pits and a message appears just like it was ME entering pits?
Attached images
DTP.gif
Yes, its normal.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG