The online racing simulator
Quote from franky500 :cleaned up a few posts.

Censoring FTL :thumbsdow

Keeping a fake sanitary environment = overmoderation.
Scawen hows your singing?

Wanna be one of the guys who sings about lfs?

Astro [BJRL] dared me btw

Who else would like to hear scawen sing?
Quote from Luke.S :Scawen hows your singing?

Wanna be one of the guys who sings about lfs?

Astro [BJRL] dared me btw

Who else would like to hear scawen sing?

is this about patch Z?!?! ffs
Quote from G!NhO :is this about patch Z?!?! ffs

Erm sort of. I thought we could have a singing night with the devs to celebrate patch Z
Quote from Scawen :try looking at a globe, from one angle it seems to be almost entirely Pacific ocean, and there just aren't that many potential customers in the sea!

Nobody told you about the secret undersea fish-people yet? You're missing out!

Good job though ;>
EDIT: SOLVED, was the modified dll

I have this file modified: d3d8.dll, I have the ENB Series with comes whit the bloom mod. I saw a lot of plugins who need a modification of that dll, why the shots functionally and sure others are affected?
Attached images
Bug.jpg
Quote from Luke.S :Erm sort of. I thought we could have a singing night with the devs to celebrate patch Z

and.... then you woke up?
Quote from Whiskey :I have this file modified: d3d8.dll, I have the ENB Series with comes whit the bloom mod. Could this cause the bug?

That could absolutely cause the problem. If I remember correctly LFS is using some capture function from inside D3D to do the sreenshots, so a modded DLL could very well break that functionality. Why don't you try without the mod to see for yourself?
Quote from Bob Smith :and.... then you woke up?

eh? Play along mate. I was just thinking you would say something.

Btw do you want proof John dared me?
I will try it without that modified file, but i need to search the original one hehe

EDIT: SOLVED, was the modified dll
I have an idea, lets vote about what the next patch should be called.

Patch ... no idea. You guys?
Quote from aroX123 :I have an idea, lets vote about what the next patch should be called.

Patch ... no idea. You guys?

I'd imagin something like LFS S2 0.6A BETA instead of the current LFS S2 0.5Z ALPHA.
I vote for LFS S2 Alpha 0.6 A

This is the most logical denomination, better than 0.5 AA
Well, apart from the special letters of languages other than english, Scawen has quite some new letters to choose from in the new codepages...
Quote from Bean0 :About these language updates...

I thought that once the support for the character sets was done and dusted, it is then volunteers from the community that do the translations. No developer time lost, just that of kind hearted individuals (and piss takers if I ever get round to a Geordie translation )

Already been done (post 34).
Quote from bbman :Well, apart from the special letters of languages other than english, Scawen has quite some new letters to choose from in the new codepages...

??

Quote from evilpimp :I'd imagin something like LFS S2 0.6A BETA instead of the current LFS S2 0.5Z ALPHA.

The only way it will possibly be Beta is if all the things Scawen said in his last thread are done by the time the next patch comes out. The chances of that happening are....slim. Unless Scawen magically clones himself or the next patch is a year or more away, you can pretty much bank on the next patch retaining the Alpha label.
I am surprised no one has mentioned the new FOX interior. It looks quite nice.
#444 - XXI
Quote from Scawen :You must select Korean text using the normal Windows shortcut key combination, not the drop-down menu in LFS.
The Windows key combination will automatically select the correct code page in LFS, and the input method at the same time.
On my computer that key combination is ALT+SHIFT. Please let me know if it works.

On my keyboard the shortcut is "한/영" button (there are two additional buttons on Korean keyboard). If I press this button, the language is switched to Korean, but only "?"s are typed. I'll try to test on WinXP.
I dont know if anyone else has mensioned this in this thread but im a little short on time so dont want to search though all the pages. But i have noticed not sure if it is the game or my pc but it never used to do it on patch y I have only noticed this on blackwood with fbm as ive only race fxr and fbm since patch z came out but anyway when i look at the fbm from eitehr front or behind at high speed the tyres seem to go funny they seem to start to flicker and i can see the wheels.

Just thought ide let someone know and see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

A
Quote from migf1 :I asked earlier but apparently it got lost amongst all this fuss about LFS's progress. Were Delete and Rename options on replays' screen causing any problems so they had to be removed in patch Z?

My fault after all! I was using a custom background on which while white lettering was there I couldn't see it
Quote from Stefani24 :
XFR with a Sequential gearbox was a bad idea imo, it feels like you're in a big GTR, in the earlier patches, it had it own feeling, and with that h-shifter, it was fun to drive, the sequential box took that feeling.

/me joins the "I want the XFR h-shifter back"-club too, simply because it was more challenging and unique to drive. Nevertheless a great patch
Quote from Ashley Williams :...but anyway when i look at the fbm from eitehr front or behind at high speed the tyres seem to go funny they seem to start to flicker and i can see the wheels.

In fact that would be not because you are at high speed, but because you are viewing the car from a distance. Then the Z-buffer resolution is reduced so the graphics card doesn't know which pixels should be drawn. I think the change in the wheel drawing means this can come up a bit more.

But anyway, I just wanted to suggest to you to make sure your Z buffer depth is set to 24, not 16 (at the bottom of Graphics Options). This provides better visual results on all computers in these extreme cases but should not be used by people with old cards or ones with smaller memory.
One thing I wonder about the Z-buffer, can you render certain objects using a different Z-buffer? For example first render the track and objects with the "stretched out" Z-buffer for better distance rendering, and then afterwards render the car/interior with the Z-buffer optimized to reduce or even completely eliminate clipping. If it works like this, then that would potentially also get rid of the age old bug of outside objects (grass, etc.) being rendered inside the car, since the interior is then simply drawn over everything.

Just wondering, I don't have enough experience in 3D engine programming to know if this is even possible

E: Ah bugger, I guess that would lead to conflicts with open roof cars, where objects can legitimately be between the driver and any other car part.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG