The online racing simulator
Great, now we need an 'I'm glad the LFS forum is rid of Ian.H' club thread :P
Seems a little childish if you ask me. He's been temp banned to give him time to cool down. The rest of you becoming offensive doesn't help the community at all, and certainly won't help calm him down. And it's likely to get you a ban yourself

I'm hoping that it won't just be wings that can come off. I'd really love to see a Dirt/Grid damage system (as they call it, "terminal") where wheels and doors car come off. And of course with that is the need for aero damage modelling and windscreen shattering. I can see it being a LONG time before even the first part of that work is ready to go live.
Quote from Dajmin :Seems a little childish if you ask me. He's been temp banned to give him time to cool down. The rest of you becoming offensive doesn't help the community at all, and certainly won't help calm him down. And it's likely to get you a ban yourself

It was just a joke really

I was sick of being insulted whenever I did as little as posting in the same thread as him
Scawen,

maybe it is now time answering my question i posted in the Y32 - Thread.

I am sorry for posting offtopic things in an important Bug - Thread.

Only one question about the future of LFS:

Live for Speed S2 Alpha Z is already released!

But how does it continue? Live for Speed S2 Beta A or Live for Speed S3 Beta A

In case of LFS S3 Beta, do we have to pay for the next but one patch?

I want to know, if we can expect new content in the next patch (-->S3) or if we get smaller improvements (--> S2 Beta)

Best regards, LiMiTED
It will be S2 BETA A. .

once S3 is out, it will cost a further £12 as you have S2.
Quote from Scawen :You say "obviously" then followed by something that isn't true.

I find that a little interesting, that is the only reason I am quoting your post among all the others. It shows that you don't understand at all how we work. For you to think that is "obvious" implies that you think we always work on the thing that we think is the most important thing that needs to be developed in LFS.

But you are completely wrong. Never did any of us LFS developers say "East Asian support is the most important thing for LFS". That is only in your imagination. What I have said on quite a few occasions is that was something I've always wanted to support and I decided to get some things done on that during my month off in January.

I read again Boris' post that I quoted, I phrased it little wrong. What I meant was that at this point of development it was important (not most important thing ever, altough I quoted Boris' post, but I didn't really mean that way) and you devs decide what to do and asking about it especially after the patch has been released is pointless. So pretty miserable attemp from me to answer shortly Boris' question when the text meant totally opposite than I was thinking.
Quote from Krammeh :It will be S2 BETA A. .

I glad for response, but i personally kinda wanna hear it from a dev... Sorry
@ LiMiTED,

Although i do not speak for Scawen, I am preety much 100% sure that after the Alpha development (which although we are at Z it is not ready to go to beta) so it will use soem other form of Lettering / numbering to show the current ALPHA version. There are still more ALPHA releases to come. Then once that is done it will then go to S2 Beta... S3 is a long way off.

@ JO53PHS Im sure your very happy, But it is probably for the best not to use that avatar for reasons stated by Dajmin
Quote from Krammeh :It will be S2 BETA A. .

It's unlikely to be Beta, as we don't have all the features. Scawen has said he wants wings to break off rather than bend, among other things, before Final, and therefore they will be be in LFS before it becomes Beta...
Quote from franky500 :

@ JO53PHS Im sure your very happy, But it is probably for the best not to use that avatar for reasons stated by Dajmin

Ok
Do we have to pay for the S3 beta?
s3 beta is a loonnnnnnnnggggg way ahead dude.
Quote from JJ72 :s3 beta is a loonnnnnnnnggggg way ahead dude.

Dont say that So long

I need to be patince
Quote from deggis :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44905

I think Rudy wants to take that to the next step. IE what is being developed that isn't going to come out the day we hear about it... We all hope that the devs are working on tracks/cars. Interiors are great and all but when it comes to how much longer will I play this sim, eye candy isn't what's going to keep me. I wouldn't mind hearing about a new track or car, even if it is being developed, just so I know something is being worked on.

I believe someone commented earlier in the thread about if the dev's bring something up, they are then force to finish that project. Well I don't find that to be true becuase problems do arise and I personally find it understandable if the dev's can't do everything they say. With that being said, I want to see/hear what direction the dev's are taking the game... There are a lot of good sims out there with a much more direct future. Although I feel I will always play LFS, without knowing where its going to be in the next 6 months, 1 year, or tomorrow, it really makes me want to find something to fall back on.
S2 Beta will start once breakable wings have come (and a few other features Scawen things is missing).

Scawen works on the (proper) idea that:
Alpha - Feature Incomplete,
Beta - Feature Complete, Bugs need fixing.
Final - Complete (small bugs / features may appear).

Beta should be fairly short (as Scawen is quite the perfectionist), but then we get Final and LFS stagnates for a while S3 is being developed.

Either way everythings a loooong way off.
I think the next patch will be LFS S2 Alpha 0.6x, we'll most likely not see 0.6A as the proper beta testers will break it. I understand the term beta to describe a 'feature complete' phase, with just fixes required, so until we have break-off wings etc it will still be alpha.

We might get an S3 Alpha demo for free like we did for S2 with just the updated engine and demo content, but we will have to pay for the first S3 release with more content I would have thought.
Ok, but what about the FXR and FZR?! Those cars look out of place now in comparison to the XRR!!!

Quote :updated interiors in FOX / FO8 / XF and XR (GTR and road) cars

Pretty sure he's well aware of that.
Quote from Hollywood :Ok, but what about the FXR and FZR?! Those cars look out of place now in comparison to the XRR!!!

Quote from http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44905 :While most people will be happy to see these improvements, we predict that some will be disappointed that the other GTR cars are not yet done. But don't worry, the FZ updates are near complete and we are keen to get that released along with the FXO updates as soon as possible - but not in time for Patch Z which will look very much like today's test patch and should be released next week.

Quote from JJ72 :westhill update on the way.

good chance for new roads.

I actually hope we DON'T get new layouts on Westhill. It's one of my favorite tracks and the only track in the game that doesn't have multiple confusing layouts. One of the best things about Westhill is that you don't have to think about whether turn 2 is a left, a right, or a chicane.

I hope we eventually get new tracks, not just more layouts.
errrr....words like "near complete" and "as soon as possible" are hard to bear.
Quote from XXI :I can select Korean characters from drop-down panel, but I cannot type them (if I type '권', it should be typed in 'ㄱ'-'구'-'궈'-'권' sequence, but just '?' is shown). Is it by design?

You must select Korean text using the normal Windows shortcut key combination, not the drop-down menu in LFS.
The Windows key combination will automatically select the correct code page in LFS, and the input method at the same time.
On my computer that key combination is ALT+SHIFT. Please let me know if it works.

Quote from Shadowww :Btw, why Ian.H is No Longer Welcome? He used crack?

First I've heard about it but I'm not surprised, he was going over the top.

Quote from LiMiTED :Scawen,
maybe it is now time answering my question i posted in the Y32 - Thread.
I am sorry for posting offtopic things in an important Bug - Thread.
Only one question about the future of LFS:
Live for Speed S2 Alpha Z is already released!
But how does it continue? Live for Speed S2 Beta A or Live for Speed S3 Beta A
In case of LFS S3 Beta, do we have to pay for the next but one patch?
I want to know, if we can expect new content in the next patch (-->S3) or if we get smaller improvements (--> S2 Beta)
Best regards, LiMiTED

Most probably still S2 Alpha.
But I don't know what the patch will be called, when it will be released or what it will contain.
I could guess but I won't.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I actually hope we DON'T get new layouts on Westhill. It's one of my favorite tracks and the only track in the game that doesn't have multiple confusing layouts. One of the best things about Westhill is that you don't have to think about whether turn 2 is a left, a right, or a chicane.

I hope we eventually get new tracks, not just more layouts.

I would have to agree with that i vote new track rather then new layout, although a layout is eaiser to make!
Westhill should get a few config(with new road sections of course) simply because it saves time, being a rather huge area it would be a waste not to fill it in. It can also cater the slower cars.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG