The online racing simulator
Id still rather a whole new set of turns then the same westhill....Thats just my 2 cents!
lets be realistic, unless eric can clone himself this ain't going to happen fast enough.
Id rather it take time and be a new track then a quick westhill recreation...?
Quote from Cue-Ball :I actually hope we DON'T get new layouts on Westhill. It's one of my favorite tracks and the only track in the game that doesn't have multiple confusing layouts. One of the best things about Westhill is that you don't have to think about whether turn 2 is a left, a right, or a chicane.

I hope we eventually get new tracks, not just more layouts.

I'm for added layouts, just not modified layouts. BRING ON THE TRACKS!
Quote from greg_slideways :Id rather it take time and be a new track then a quick westhill recreation...?

many people are overdue with a new config let along a whole new track though. and lets not forget if a new config is to be possible on westhill, there has to be new section of roads and new curves.
Yes, but all new turns not just 4-5..
It is alot better on demo servers now i was on one earlier and no crashers what so ever.

In my book Scawen feel free to take a month or 2 off. Then it's back to work only joking mate. But do take some time off developing lfs spend some time with the wife and kids. You deserve it.
Well.. New tracks would be more of an addition, some tracks could have other layout possibilities.

Westhill has a 'extra' bit just after the bridge and before the chicane (see attachment top), although Aston has a similar spot (see attachment middle) and Fernbay has a bit that's complete but unused (see attachment bottom) I personally would LOVE to have a go at those extra corners...

For Westhill.. maybe a autocross layout would be cool?
Attached images
WAF.jpg
Scawen, I feel sorry for all the shit you have to put up with from ungrateful users. I know I would've given up and probably had several breakdowns by now

I don't care how long future, better, more improved versions of LFS will take, as long as they are within a reasonable time frame (i.e., not 10 years away :rolleyes. Which you have said. So that's good

Future version should really propel LFS, as long as it's still a viable competitor by then. I mean, there's no point having break-off wings, 3 years after every other sim has them. So I do hope that you guys can manage to keep our lovely sim alive, but still working to your plan.

At the end of the day, it is your plan, your work, you have no obligation to us. But hopefully the dream of working for yourselves, and the dream of creating a kick-ass racing simulator will stay alive, and keep you going
Quote from Scawen :
Most probably still S2 Alpha.
But I don't know what the patch will be called, when it will be released or what it will contain.
I could guess but I won't.

a) What's the point of keeping track and 'wisely' naming your patches if there's no certainty of what's coming next?

b) What difference does it make what the patch or release is called especially when the definitions for alpha and beta testing is as vague as it is? Just write X and call it what ever the hell you or anyone else want.
Oh lord, I just got rickrolled... AGAIN! I have actually lost count of the times.

I really need to memorise that tinyurl... HAHA!
Quote from Scawen :Anyone who thinks we should do better in a shorter time should present to us all their work that proves their point.

So, does that mean that we can submit new car and track models to you guys for possible inclusion in a future version of the game?
Quote from Cue-Ball :So, does that mean that we can submit new car and track models to you guys for possible inclusion in a future version of the game?

That's not what he meant. :P

He meant that people should show the devs the speed at which they do work... Although, having re-read what you wrote, i see it as sarcastic... so I shall stop this rant :P
Will any mods that I had previously installed on patch Y25 work with Z? I had the high resolution track textures and reflection textures installed but they don't seem to be, and my wheels have gone from white to grey strangely. It is very important as I need the continuity for my movie I am currently doing...
Quote from Start Wars :Will any mods that I had previously installed on patch Y25 work with Z? I had the high resolution track textures and reflection textures installed but they don't seem to be, and my wheels have gone from white to grey strangely. It is very important as I need the continuity for my movie I am currently doing...

i think you need to redownload them
Quote from G!NhO :i think you need to redownload them

I tried this, but it still isn't appearing. And yet for another user I am talking to they are working which is worrying.
Keep up the good work Devs. The new improved XRT is a joy to drive:lovies3d:
Quote from Start Wars :I tried this, but it still isn't appearing. And yet for another user I am talking to they are working which is worrying.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=847081#post847081

You were talking about hi-res pack, so if that helps...

Old wheels for XRT/XRG and XFG are not working. And as far as I have understood only thing you can now edit in them is the colour of the texture because the same texture is repeated so for example logos in the wheel centre are not possible.
Quote :Licensed demo racers system :

Demo racers now need a user name and GAME password to go online
Unified List of Hosts - S2 users can all Demo / S1 / S2 hosts
Demo / S1 racers can see all hosts running Demo / S1 content
Demo racers now automatically download skins but not upload

Shouldn't it be "S2 users can see all Demo / S1 / S2 hosts"?
Heh.

But anyway, amazing patch (as always)!! I'm just being picky.

Quote :Most probably still S2 Alpha.
But I don't know what the patch will be called, when it will be released or what it will contain.
I could guess but I won't.

Maybe S2 Alpha 0.6?
S2 Alpha ZA?
S2 Alpha Beta? Betacarothen? Gama? Ypsilon? Omega Delta Abracadabra Super Duper Uber Master almost-there S2 Alpha? woo hoo

BTW amazing work Eric. The new interiors are soo cool i think it will be difficult to find a new texture replacement..
The gear lever has real reflection or is it already on the texture? damn it looks soo perfect.
cleaned up a few posts. This thread is for Patch Z Discussion / woo-hoo ing.

on that note:

WOO-HOO
Quote from VALE 46 :Anyone else hace a FFB problem with the new patch?

"CreateEffect failed (1 axes)
Could not set up FF steer device"

Hate to quote myself but... meh. Also, the wheel is a DFP and worked fine before the update... obviously
Thanks for the patch Scawen!
Got a few things to say about it:
XRT feels much realer now, and its a lot easier to drive.
XFR with a Sequential gearbox was a bad idea imo, it feels like you're in a big GTR, in the earlier patches, it had it own feeling, and with that h-shifter, it was fun to drive, the sequential box took that feeling.
FOX, interior made great too.
Under the line its the third really great patch after y, and the progress from q-u (dont know wich patch changed the phyisc, but it was great.)
Quote from Start Wars :Here is what I am referring to:

Before Z:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9043/85191758nr6.jpg

After Z:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8700/25916981us3.jpg

Note the change in wheels and lack of reflections. I need my car to look exactly as it did before for continuity.

Did you have the Hi-Res texture pack installed? If so, it required a change to the "car shine" to turn down the reflection. You'll either need to re-install the reflection files from the hi-res pack or you'll have to change the car shine option in the config file back to its default.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG