The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes i know, they are just drawn, but they don't share the same leather texture with the rest of the car, as you can see on the picture... and that's what i meant about wierd modeling It's pain in the a** to make a custom interior...

And this little thing is soo iritating, it seems like the interiors were rushed or something, it's a small thing, but it pokes me in the eyes.. I altered it on the picture as how it should be..

If only Eric could iron these little things until they go public...

It's not weird modelling. It's the texture mapping that is more complex than it used to be and for a good reason: the air vents and such little details can use higher resolution textures now and not rely on the tiling leather texture which could cause distortion and such when mapped to the dash. IMO it's much more efficient the way it's done now - extra texture resolution where it's needed only.
That PGR3 cockpit looks like ****!

Call me a fan boy all you want, but the LFS style graphics, ill choose over PGR3's ANYDAY!

GT5 on the other hand......

Edit, just to make sure im no fanboy, ill choose GTR's and rFactor's style graphics over PGR3's. Maybe i should look at another screen or vid of PGR, because that ferrari really does look crap.
Quote from xaotik :It's not weird modelling. It's the texture mapping that is more complex than it used to be and for a good reason: the air vents and such little details can use higher resolution textures now and not rely on the tiling leather texture which could cause distortion and such when mapped to the dash. IMO it's much more efficient the way it's done now - extra texture resolution where it's needed only.

Yep, you're right..

As for Eric's work, i'm also positive that he's been working hard overh these 3 years, but i don't think that we could/should expect any new content in the S2 phase... It's unfair to think that we'll get 2, 3 new tracks and new cars just as a S2 update, that has to be waiting for S3... That's fine, they gotta charge for their hard work, but the fact remains that no one expected S2 to take this long to finish in the first place, so people want more content, but unfortunately, i think we're "stuck" with this content at least another year till they release S3 Alpha..
[off topic]
If the car 3D model formats are any indication, I would not be surprised if the tool(s) used to do the modeling/texture mapping are one thing that is slowing down the "graphical" development and causing many of these small odd things seen. It maybe of course that the models are actually made "properly" and then optimized into the vob format with the strange UV mapping for example, but if that isn't the case and the models are actually made that way then one thing that would maybe speed up development would be to dump that format and use some more "traditional" format instead (With proper UV texture coordinates for example)...

But this is all of course just speculation and I have no idea of how it is actually handled "behind the scenes".
[/off topic]
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes i know, they are just drawn, but they don't share the same leather texture with the rest of the car, as you can see on the picture... and that's what i meant about wierd modeling It's pain in the a** to make a custom interior...

And this little thing is soo iritating, it seems like the interiors were rushed or something, it's a small thing, but it pokes me in the eyes.. I altered it on the picture as how it should be..

If only Eric could iron these little things until they go public...

I'm sure I can't be the only one finding it a bit odd that you complain about the "state of LFS" and it's content (not without reason, imo) but then when we do get some nice new, immersive interiors, you complain because you can't go and alter their appearance?

I've had a quick spin in cars with new cockpits, and am suitably impressed. They look very appropriate for the cars - very immersive. The FOX dash looks a bit like something out of Blake's 7, but still cool.
Quote from Ovidiu23 :And who the hell holds a wheel like that?(PGR4 pictures)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. That made me laugh IRL
Quote from Scawen :finally I will stop revealing plans altogether.

Had to just say as I'm sure your well aware there are lots of idiots and impatient people in the world that like to gob off, but there are some of the opposite who wait quietly and appreciate you explaining to us whats in store for lfs in the future. Thanks Scawen. Alric.
Quote from STROBE :I'm sure I can't be the only one finding it a bit odd that you complain about the "state of LFS" and it's content (not without reason, imo) but then when we do get some nice new, immersive interiors, you complain because you can't go and alter their appearance?

It wasn't an actual complaint, the cockpits are great, just said there are some things bothering me edit-wise, nothing more... only real "complaint" is that we can't add logos to the road car steering wheels..
Quote from Alric :Had to just say as I'm sure your well aware there are lots of idiots and impatient people in the world that like to gob off, but there are some of the opposite who wait quietly and appreciate you explaining to us whats in store for lfs in the future. Thanks Scawen. Alric.

I`m in the latter group as well, thanks for the updates Scawen, Eric!
Quote from Kegetys :[off topic]
If the car 3D model formats are any indication, I would not be surprised if the tool(s) used to do the modeling/texture mapping are one thing that is slowing down the "graphical" development and causing many of these small odd things seen. It maybe of course that the models are actually made "properly" and then optimized into the vob format with the strange UV mapping for example, but if that isn't the case and the models are actually made that way then one thing that would maybe speed up development would be to dump that format and use some more "traditional" format instead (With proper UV texture coordinates for example)...

But this is all of course just speculation and I have no idea of how it is actually handled "behind the scenes".
[/off topic]

I too am under the impression that they build the tools that builds the game, and of course plus the game itself.
Now it's next week! gimme Z! gimme Z!

Just kidding
Quote from aroX123 :Now it's next week! gimme Z! gimme Z!

Just kidding

agree, but waiting for "when its done" is better
I've got two things to say.

1) The picture of that Romanian bird seems to draw Scawen. If you want him to reply to one of your posts, simply change your avatar.

2) I swear he included support for all those 'obscure' languages so he could attract a userbase who didn't complain so bloody much (or at least when they did he wouldn't understand it).

Seriously, take what you're given and be appreciative you bunch of whingers! I don't seem to recall reading in the terms and conditons that Eric had to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week on the textures for the alpha release patches of stage two of the game or that posts by Scawen constitute contractually binding obligations on him to deliver specific updates.

I'm honestly not brown nosing. The terms are pretty short, clear and concise as to what you get (the right to play on S1 or S2 servers depending on what you paid for) and state pretty clearly that updates to the game are to be expected (for better or worse, depending on your opinion of any given update).

<mumbles>Bunch of unappreciative Gen-Y'ers.</mumbles>

OK now I'll brown nose:

Thanks for the kick arse game Scawen. Can't wait to see where it goes over the next few years and kudos for getting into a position where you can work from home while your kids grow up. Please keep giving us updates on where you'd like things to go, whether they do or not, and look after the family.
Quote from aroX123 :Now it's next week! gimme Z! gimme Z!

Here you go:
Z

Quote from Alias Driver :1) The picture of that Romanian bird seems to draw Scawen. If you want him to reply to one of your posts, simply change your avatar.

That method is self degrading, since as more people use her, the less she stands out.
I think we should get two versions of patch z. one ZEE and one ZED. All you brits think we're wrong on how we pronounce our z's, but to me its correct >=(
We invented the damn language, so its ZED
Quote from RIP2004 :
Just one question: before LFS is out of Alpha state, will it have another tyre physics update?
The problem about longitudinal grip seems to be still present. It would solve problems about locked differentials and heavy wheel spinning being fast and perhabs other things.

Or would that be more a thing to correct in Beta Stage as tweaking?

@Scawen

I don't want to spam, but some other people were also curious about that question. Perhabs you didn't read it in all those posts
Can we get a comment on that, as it is on topic somehow?

Keep it up.
RIP
Cool XFG interior, i feel right at home, have been driving the Fiat Punto (Mrk. I and II) for 6½ years, so THAT is why i feel right at home... Rumors have been round that parts og the XFG has Punto part's but NOW it is really visible to me

GREAT Patch...

Regards
Franke... Click
Zed, Zee, who cares?

Unless you're Scottish in which case it's Zog :P
Quote from RIP2004 :@Scawen

I don't want to spam, but some other people were also curious about that question. Perhabs you didn't read it in all those posts
Can we get a comment on that, as it is on topic somehow?

Keep it up.
RIP

Well, no, about tyre physics, I haven't been thinking about tyres recently. On the physics side of things I'm more concerned about collisions and damage before another session on tyre physics. My brain is too small to think about TOO many things as once. So, no real reply, no plans on that at the moment.
Quote from Scawen :Well, no, about tyre physics, I haven't been thinking about tyres recently. On the physics side of things I'm more concerned about collisions and damage before another session on tyre physics. My brain is too small to think about TOO many things as once. So, no real reply, no plans on that at the moment.

First, thanks for the patch Scawen. Loving it
Second, I agree with your train of thought. Collision and damage should be next on the agenda before tyres are done again.

Fix the weakest points of the sim then tweak the strongest ones.
Quote from Scawen :Well, no, about tyre physics, I haven't been thinking about tyres recently. On the physics side of things I'm more concerned about collisions and damage before another session on tyre physics. My brain is too small to think about TOO many things as once. So, no real reply, no plans on that at the moment.

Ok thx Then somewhere later. A good collision will be also great
Quote from Bob Smith :That method is self degrading, since as more people use her, the less she stands out.

Damn right

It would have been funnier if I said that and had an avatar of her, wouldn't it..
Quote from danowat :We invented the damn language, so its ZED

ZED ftw!

OnT: Looking good. Pretty nice looking interiors and overall changes. Looking forward to install the new version.
Quote from Alias Driver :
1) The picture of that Romanian bird seems to draw Scawen. If you want him to reply to one of your posts, simply change your avatar.

I can see why, she does resemble Geraldine, facial structure, hair etc.
This thread is closed

Today's Test Patch - XF and XR Interiors
(251 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG