The online racing simulator
Quote from gezmoor :So would I, it would be very odd otherwise... just as odd as having deformed wings but no affect on down force as is currently the case !

What I meant was, given that the modelling of the wings actually falling off is some way a way. I would much rather the devs just updated the physics modelling to approximately match the graphics aero damage that currently already exsits in the game on single seaters. I would much rather see that now, than wait for it to be implemented with what I believe is essentially a graphical improvement, (ie the wing actually detatching). It doesn't have to be accurate aero modelling just a rough approximation of loss relative to the kind of damage incurred. eg half bent front wing = 50% loss of down force etc. Just that in itself would be a huge step forward in realism for the single seaters IMHO.

Don't really want some half arsed guess and have more hot laps than are absolutely necessary delete now and then again later when the arse arsed bodge is updated again. Best wait until it can be done correctly and properly the first time rather than adding stuff that isn't finished or correct and will just need to be fixed later. It will just cause less hassle from those who don’t want hot laps deleting.

People should actually read the first post and then also read the post in the test patch to discover what is actually in this update.

Also asking for stuff or more info about what’s coming is never going to get an answer and is just pointless.

Apart from that, glad to see some movement and recognition of people thoughts and worries about what's happening with LFS.

Good job and thanks.
Cockpits met my highest expectations!! Awesome work Eric!! The red stichings on the wheel?! YEA baby!! Looking forward to the rest of the pack!
Already see me making branded wheels! Thanks for the blank space

but disapointment for the lack on new track(s) still stands though...
Awesome. Scawen, thanks for putting up with all the whining recently I'm glad the road cars received updates because this is the first thing new users see when the play the demo
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Here's some XFG and XFR comparisons... compared to my XF dashboards...

Very nice Eric, once again!
Attached images
XFG comparison.jpg
XFR comparison.jpg
Thanks!
I'll take quality every time. Keep up the good work and the world could learn a lot from maintaining quality and standards versus giving in to the immediate gratification nonsense.

Do it right the first time or when will you have time to go back and do it again?
Quote from Scawen :- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

WEEE!!!!!!!!!
Nice!!!!
hm looks like eric simply nicked the xfgs interior from an old punto
#109 - AMB
Quote from aroX123 :WEEE!!!!!!!!!
Nice!!!!

those are things that need to be done, not things in this patch,
Quote from AMB :those are things that need to be done, not things in this patch,

I know.. i'm looking forward to it...
#111 - AMB
Quote from aroX123 :I know.. i'm looking forward to it...

same, although the first time i misread it and thought it was in this patch
To badly that improvements are not comming in Patch Z
The steering wheels on the XRG, XFG and XRT could be a bit more better, anyway great improvements, looking forward to the finall version!
XFG interior looks really nice. Can someone post a pic from the drivers seat in the XRG?

The only things I think could use improvement are the gauges. They haven't really changed and really take away from the experience of being in a real car. They look very "digital" for lack of a better word - even though they appear to represent analog gauges. I'm not an artist so I don't really know how to improve them

http://jimsgarage.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/dscn3927s.jpg

Here's a picture of the gauges from an early miata (released in 89 so its somewhere close to the age of these cars). Maybe if the needles had a bit more depth, the redline zone was shaded in, and the screws that hold the gauges in place were added in or something.. I dont know. Anyway, maybe for a future update

edit... in LFS's defense... LFS's gauges have more depth than iRacing's solstice gauges. But the solstice gauges have more detail such as "rpm x1000" and "mph" and "kph" which just makes them look more like real gauges.
The only thing I'm not too keen on are the air-vents, looks a bit weird as just a single flat texture, but I suppose there's a bit of modeling involved and it was made that way to cut down on polys.

Really, I couldn't be much happier. Great stuff by Eric, it's really nice to see his work out there again.
Quote from Spangler_CZE :The steering wheels on the XRG, XFG and XRT could be a bit more better, anyway great improvements, looking forward to the finall version!

Does anyone happen to know the filename for this new wheel? I can't find it in dds...
Thanks for sharing a bit of inside info Scawen, always nice to know what's happening

Changes sound excellent, and should definitely boost LFS' reputation
I think this is going to stand the test of time (long enough at least!), it's not out of this world but certainly won't stand out as something people would criticise, and that's very very well.

If Eric put his heart into the FZ cockpit it will be mouth watering (hint hint less plastic and more leather!!!)
I just noticed the windshield tint or whatever it's called. Very nicely detailed
Quote from JJ72 :If Eric put his heart into the FZ cockpit it will be mouth watering (hint hint less plastic and more leather!!!)

Cannibalism FTW?
This thread is closed

Today's Test Patch - XF and XR Interiors
(251 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG