The online racing simulator
Gills' Sound Workshop
Hi everyone

With this thread I am going to upload new LFS engine soundpacks.
_

Thank you to the Devs for engineering a wonderful sim and for creating the LFS engine sound editor! I hope that the limitations within the editor will be adjusted to give me more freedom in the near future.

.. And of course, thanks to all the lfs users for trying my sounds and for all of the nice comments and support that I have received :grouphug:
_

Joe Keaveney or ICON Joe requested I make him an FXR sound for his live broadcast of the ITCC. I was going to keep this exclusive for that broadcast but he insists that I share it.

It is actually a bigger eng file than the forum allows me to upload so I have had to upload it in a rar file. It is the biggest eng file that has been created thus far for LFS, as far as I know. It is just over 500kb.
_

21/1/11:

Decided to go through all of my LFS sounds that remain in my LFS folder and hand pick the best ones, in my own opinion of course. All of them have been tweaked, some more than others, some with new transmission or gearchange sounds, and some fiddled around with to try to reduce clipping but keep the grunt!

I have noticed that 3 people had downloaded the S2 car engine soundpack, and not the S1 and Demo soundpacks. Just to make it clear, the S2 soundpack only contains cars released as S2 content. This means for cars like XRT for example, you will need to download the S1 soundpack as the XRT is S1 content. For the FBM, XFG and XRG you will need to download the demo soundpack as these are examples of demo content. Do not just download the S2 soundpack if you have S2, as you will not get sounds for all cars!
_

02/01/2012

Thank you to Bose for uploading my new LFS Sound effects to LFSDB, as the rar is too large for the forum. I tweaked my skid files so that they sound louder and a lot more realistic. If they are too loud then turn down the skid volume in your game audio options. Get the new sound effects by clicking here

_
Attached files
ITCC FXR.rar - 298.7 KB - 6481 views
S2 Car engine soundpack.rar - 2 MB - 10645 views
S1 Car engine soundpack.rar - 1.9 MB - 6602 views
Demo Car engine soundpack.rar - 770.4 KB - 5542 views
EDIT: Post one now has the link to the realistic tyre scrubbing and skidding sounds.

Re-edit: New sound effects added with link at the bottom of the first post, therefore the old link to realistic skidding sounds has been removed as it's no longer needed.
Nice.
Ill filter some good ones^^
are you familar with the Espilon Eskadi? if so could you make a eng file for the FZR resembling it? if you need any reference i could record from rfactor.
#5 - ReVoX
Thanks for the work and thanks to nabster
nice work
Quote from Sueycide_FD :are you familar with the Espilon Eskadi? if so could you make a eng file for the FZR resembling it? if you need any reference i could record from rfactor.

yes i am very familiar with it, i have tried it out and the sound for that car is outstanding. i will try and make a similar sound for the fzr for you however, i dont know how close i will be able to get it.

but i will try ..
Nice! Will download them soon.

I forgot to say btw, thanks for making the sierra cosworth sound for me, i like it!
I have a request, and I know you are the one to ask after hearing the X-Power MG sound you made me - fantastic

Would you be able to make an MG V8 sound for the LX6 like in this vid:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1q12q2yt4

If the sound on that video isn't clear enough just tell me and I'll try and find something better
Quote from Sueycide_FD :are you familar with the Espilon Eskadi? if so could you make a eng file for the FZR resembling it? if you need any reference i could record from rfactor.

*Update further down the page*
Quote from ReVoX :Thanks for the work and thanks to nabster
nice work

Yes, without Nabster's BOVs some of my engine sounds for the drifters would sound very dull, so a massive thank you to him
Quote from JO53PHS :I have a request, and I know you are the one to ask after hearing the X-Power MG sound you made me - fantastic

Would you be able to make an MG V8 sound for the LX6 like in this vid:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1q12q2yt4

If the sound on that video isn't clear enough just tell me and I'll try and find something better

Try this
Attached files
LX6_GillsMGRV8.eng - 324.8 KB - 1831 views
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Nice! Will download them soon.

I forgot to say btw, thanks for making the sierra cosworth sound for me, i like it!

Hey it is my pleasure It feels great being able to do something to make other users enjoy themselves and the game a little bit more It is also a very nice experience being asked specifically to do a sound, so please don't be afraid to make any requests, i will always try my best !
Yay for pack!
nice one Gills
Hey, Could You Make An Sr20det sound, Or An Rb20det Sound For Xrt Please ?
If im rifght i already saw the RB20det in the engine sound sharing thread.
Quote from TwickyTune :Hey, Could You Make An Sr20det sound, Or An Rb20det Sound For Xrt Please ?

XRT? And no need thos silyl comments about old patches....
I want Sr20det and rb20det too Great threat Gills!
Quote from Gills4life :Try this

Thanks Gill.

I don't think you could've got it any closer to the actual thing really
So here it is.
I was asking you earlyer those sounds, and you told me to post here.. so
im a "drifter" so i would like some cool you know... drift cars for xrg (not yet a s2 licensed...) so some like.. i dont know.. mayby 200 sx or something like that hard to say becuz im new...
but something what would sound nice for a drift person
Update for the Epsilon Euskadi sound. I had another go starting from scratch and it now has a much more realistic engine sound and gear whine
Attached files
FZR_GillsEpsilonEuskadi.eng - 261.1 KB - 1557 views
Quote from JO53PHS :Thanks Gill.

I don't think you could've got it any closer to the actual thing really

Tiny update : Created a starter sound from a V8 which i think suits this nicely and made a small change with the off power volume :yummy:
Attached files
LX6_GillsMGRV8.eng - 296.3 KB - 1321 views
Quote from Blädi :I was asking you earlyer those sounds, and you told me to post here.. so
im a "drifter" so i would like some cool you know... drift cars for xrg (not yet a s2 licensed...) so some like.. i dont know.. mayby 200 sx or something like that hard to say becuz im new...
but something what would sound nice for a drift person

Ok yes, here is something i knocked up quickly
Attached files
XRG_Gills200sx.eng - 237.7 KB - 2806 views
Quote from Gills4life :Tiny update : Created a starter sound from a V8 which i think suits this nicely and made a small change with the off power volume :yummy:

Loving the start sound... is there any way to make it fade out into the engine sound?

EDIT: Sorry to bug you, but is it possible to make a kinda backfire/burbling ish sound when I downshift :S

The sound is really great
Quote from JO53PHS :Loving the start sound... is there any way to make it fade out into the engine sound?

EDIT: Sorry to bug you, but is it possible to make a kinda backfire/burbling ish sound when I downshift :S

The sound is really great

Hmm, i will see what I can do. Maybe if i make the gear shift sound a backfire or something. it would help if the lx6 had a dump valve so i could make that a backfire noise .. but you cant have everything in life
Ok, this is the best I could do because I did not want it to clip too much. It is a slight improvement, don't think i can do much more
Attached files
LX6_GillsMGRV8.eng - 319.8 KB - 1345 views

Gills' Sound Workshop
(1523 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG