The online racing simulator
Well, this is a test patch. We are testing updates, until we are ready, then there will be an official version Z at www.lfs.net and on the auto updater. You only get test patches if you are prepared to experience some issues with things in development, or other things that I break along the way.
Quote from Scawen :Does anyone know how to reproduce this? I just sent an FO8 round AS National in a 2 hour race and it did stop for fuel.

Quote from Scawen :Anyway, If anyone finds a way to reproduce it, do let me know. I tried what you said BOSCHO, an FXO using the AI setup and also RACE_S - in both cases it did pit. This is on a 2 hour race at AS National. I've made a super fast version, I guess I'll send some more cars round there and see if any break down.

Okay....In a vain attempt to improve my sadness rating, i've had a go with this, and here's my findings:-

First i had to go and find the post you quoted from Mr Moi (or whoever it was ?) and found it in the Y18 thread. So, downloaded Y18, set up a 100 lap race at AS Nat, and put a dozen or so Ai in various cars, and set them on their way....

Aside from the "Sato'esque" driving standards they all managed to pit...sort of...

1) Ai4 in the MRT mysteriously stopped on track on lap 12 when i wasn't looking (before a scheduled pitstop). His car/tyres and fuel levels were all ok.....guess he just had enough

2) However, poor old Ai20 in the XRT had an utterly miserable time of it. He must have had a big shunt somewhere in the opening laps, burst a tyre and wrecked the rear suspension. He tried to pit the next lap, but couldn't hit his pit box correctly, stopping inbetween 2 pit markings, but never quite far enough to make it into either. So he never managed to refuel or have the damage repaired. He tried to pit every single lap, but with the same result. At the end of the race the official results said he didn't make any pitstops at all (although by my reckoning he came into the pits 40-odd times). Then to cap it all, at the end of the race on the slowdown lap, he came into the pit lane, tried to turn into his garage, missed it, so had to turn away, and ended up parked at the end of the pitlane with less than 2% fuel left

Hope this helps.

----

Anyhoo, a few other things i noticed (if you're interested) :-

1) Ai13 in the BF1 had a hell of a time getting off the grass in various locations around the track. But the chap in the FO8 had no problems at all, simply stuck it in reverse, got back on the tarmac and was away.

2) In Heli-cam/God-view/Aerial-mode, when the cars went under the first road bridge on the pit straight you could still see the car shadows/silhouette through the bridge. But the next road bridge after T1 there where no shadows (cars disappeared briefly, as it should be )

----

As i said above, this was tested with Y18, and i havn't checked the "change-log" for Y22, so i don't know if any of the above have been fixed yet.

I did manage to save a replay, so if you really really want to have a look at Ai20's woe's just let me know. (however, the file's about 80mb, so i'll have to find another way to post it, if needed)
Quote from Mazz4200 :1) Ai4 in the MRT mysteriously stopped on track on lap 12 when i wasn't looking (before a scheduled pitstop). His car/tyres and fuel levels were all ok.....guess he just had enough

2) However, poor old Ai20 in the XRT had an utterly miserable time of it. He must have had a big shunt somewhere in the opening laps, burst a tyre and wrecked the rear suspension. He tried to pit the next lap, but couldn't hit his pit box correctly, stopping inbetween 2 pit markings, but never quite far enough to make it into either. So he never managed to refuel or have the damage repaired. He tried to pit every single lap, but with the same result. At the end of the race the official results said he didn't make any pitstops at all (although by my reckoning he came into the pits 40-odd times). Then to cap it all, at the end of the race on the slowdown lap, he came into the pit lane, tried to turn into his garage, missed it, so had to turn away, and ended up parked at the end of the pitlane with less than 2% fuel left

Oh my god the way you wrote it laughed HARD... poor Ai20...
I just started putting 12ai on Aston Historic to see what theyre up to..
EDIT for some reason my PC rebooted in the middle of LFS. but i dont think its a lfs issue. my HD is terminal...
Ok thanks for the reply
The Ai are afraid of trying to pass, when trying they brake and make someone else crash(sometimes)

Look at the ai ''Sutil''
Attached files
stupid.spr - 394.2 KB - 219 views
Quote from aroX123 :The Ai are afraid of trying to pass, when trying they brake and make someone else crash(sometimes)

Look at the ai ''Sutil''

Not new, I gather Scawen knows. Its just a matter of where it is at his list of thinks to fix.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Okay....In a vain attempt to improve my sadness rating, i've had a go with this, and here's my findings:-

Thank you for the funny story!

Quote from aroX123 :The Ai are afraid of trying to pass, when trying they brake and make someone else crash(sometimes)

Look at the ai ''Sutil''

Yes, but I won't really be working on AI improvements. I only looked at that other one I asked about because it seemed like a clear bug that I can fix simply (and I will just do a quick change in that calculation for those borderline cases - although I could not reproduce the bug, it seems clear enough how it can happen).

Making the AI overtake properly is another long section of code, at some point I will do several weeks on AI again to make them more tactically aware in various ways. Remember the previous session on the AI, they are now a lot faster and can usually stay on track, do pit stops and finish a race. Before that section of code they would just drive slowly and end up spinning off and crashing as they learned to go faster. Really they were no use at all.

So it's a lot better now than in the old versions though I agree 100% they are very stupid when it comes to overtaking. Something must be wrong when a BF1 can get stuck behind a UF1 on Blackwood main straight.
Quote from Scawen :Something must be wrong when a BF1 can get stuck behind a UF1 on Blackwood main straight.

Yep

Keep on working, you are good.
I don't know if anyone has already noticed that, but is an important 3D design mistake.

The LX4 and LX6 wippers are in the wrong direction. I know that wipers in countries who drive on the left side of the road are inverted (from the european point of view), and I also know that the LX cars, are based on a Caterham, who is designed whit the driver on the right, but as you can see on this photographs, Caterhams who have their steering wheels on the left has the wippers like all european cars

http://www.decoderdesign.com/media/caterham600.jpg
http://www.motorauthority.com/ ... 006/10/Caterham_seven.jpg
Here is a pic from the game, Y22. Driver on the left side, and wipers are wrong
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5319/lx6wippersnw3.jpg

I didn't checked other cars, but I think this is the only car who has this error
You are correct indeed, but could the argument that the LX is a fictional car be brought up? or is it so blatently obvious that they are based around the super 7 that it should be corrected? don't mind me its midnight and im babbling on
Micky, please can you change your avatar before we start getting reported posts?

Reported posts are quite annoying and we get a lot of them, often about avatars.

Also, we don't want to make anyones eyes go funny, or anyone who suffers from epilepsy to have an adverse reaction.
Quote from Scawen :Micky, please can you change your avatar before we start getting reported posts?

Reported posts are quite annoying and we get a lot of them, often about avatars.

Also, we don't want to make anyones eyes go funny, or anyone who suffers from epilepsy to have an adverse reaction.

The subliminal message got me hypnotized :hypnotize
Quote from Scawen :Micky, please can you change your avatar before we start getting reported posts?

sorry boss, changing now.

edit: changed, i think i deserve an award for the best avatar yet, or the avatar that has spent the least amount of time active, about 5 mins
Quote from Whiskey :I don't know if anyone has already noticed that, but is an important 3D design mistake.

The LX4 and LX6 wippers are in the wrong direction. I know that wipers in countries who drive on the left side of the road are inverted (from the european point of view), and I also know that the LX cars, are based on a Caterham, who is designed whit the driver on the right, but as you can see on this photographs, Caterhams who have their steering wheels on the left has the wippers like all european cars

http://www.decoderdesign.com/media/caterham600.jpg
http://www.motorauthority.com/ ... 006/10/Caterham_seven.jpg
Here is a pic from the game, Y22. Driver on the left side, and wipers are wrong
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5319/lx6wippersnw3.jpg

I didn't checked other cars, but I think this is the only car who has this error

Whisky, checking from how windscreen wipers are here (North America) the LX car's wipers are correct, and would be hinged correctly.

Example: http://static.howstuffworks.com/flash/wiper-animation.swf
Checked the wippers bug:

ALL cars who have wippers are wrong. The 3D models are designed with the steering wheel on the right side (i think it is like I say). Players who live in countries where the steering wheel change in options it, and this is the point where the error appears: LFS invert the interior, place the dashboard in the correct position, but the wippers also have to invert their position.

I'll try to do an image who represent what I mean
It's a very minor detail Whiskey, but you're right
If rain would be available in LFS, this would have come up pretty quickly, I guess. The way those wipers are positioned, they would clear most of the windscreen on the passenger's side, instead of the driver's side.
Quote from sgt.flippy :but you're right

Nah. There are cars over here in Blighty with the wipers on the wrong way round (Renault Clios spring to mind) - the wipers are set for left hand drive, but in Britain it's the front passenger who gets the nice big sweep of the left-mounted wipers. So it's not unknown for the wipers to be the wrong way round when the steering wheel moves.
Oh god, you're right.. But that's a Renault... French cheapness, you can't compare with those

Yes, there are many cars who don't fix their wippers, but in my previous post I show you some images where the "real LX" has his wippers fixed.

Even after I said that, many people could say I'm wrong, so I add other car in order to avoid coments about LX is a british car: FZ5, who has important influence from Italy and Germany, is also wrong.

I think I am 100% right on this theme, but if anyone could demostrate I'm wrong I accept it.
Sorry if it's already been reported, I don't have time to read the full thread now, but I just noticed that when you're in shift-u mode, moving the camera (using the arrow keys) changes the sound of the cars in a very weird way. AFAIK, this is new in Y22.
This has been in Y also... and its OK, it's doppler effect
It's way too much, IMO. Sounds really weird with BF1's!
hm..didnt recognized this bevore, but i love the chrome looking rims
and its true i have a bit more fps then bevore y22
Quote from BastianB :hm..didnt recognized this bevore, but i love the chrome looking rims
and its true i have a bit more fps then bevore y22

but now you can't have white rims :weeping:
Or is it because my car shine is 0.40?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG