The online racing simulator
You'll get that if it can't talk to the master server - if you're trying to run a LAN only game you need to make sure that /usemaster=no.

If you are making an online server make sure that you can resolve and ping master.liveforspeed.net ("ping master.liveforspeed.net" to do both in one go)...
Quote from the_angry_angel :You'll get that if it can't talk to the master server - if you're trying to run a LAN only game you need to make sure that /usemaster=no.

If you are making an online server make sure that you can resolve and ping master.liveforspeed.net ("ping master.liveforspeed.net" to do both in one go)...

Unm... Soo wat you mean is that change a setting in one of the setup configs? And i pmed you... can you help me with that sector to? Pls an thx ^.^
Can someone please help me?

I have two seperate issues but will tackle them one at a time.

My set-up : I have a PC and a Laptop the PC is connected directly to the modem.
The Laptop is connected directly to PC via a LAN Cable (absolutely no wireless involved)

I created a simple config on my PC and ran the dedicated host app.
Logged onto LFS with the laptop - Connect Via LAN - No Problems
Searched the Multiplayer lists found my Server connected without issue.

All good you would think, well none of my friends can join the server they get an error "Connection Failed"

Any ideas what could be causing the problem?
hi,anyone know why after i hosted a server and my friends can find but when connect it ..it show connection to server timed out . i already follow the guide from port forward website.
I am trying to get this thing running on Gentoo Linux, but am still getting:

Quote :wine LFS.exe /cfg=setup.cfg
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
The X11 driver is missing. Check your build!

The server starts normally with the values from my config file.

// nogfx/invisible
/dedicated=invisible

This should be right? What am I missing?
Check your config on a windows box. You can get that if you've made a mistake and it tried to create a dialog error message...
I tried on Windows, it runs fine..
The server seems to run fine as well apart from that error. I assume it's also not possible to enter lfs console commands from linux?
Quote from marcovtwout :I tried on Windows, it runs fine..
The server seems to run fine as well apart from that error. I assume it's also not possible to enter lfs console commands from linux?

Sorry I assumed that you were getting back to the shell prompt. Receiving those warnings are normal, as long as LFS continues to run.

And no it's not.
Thank you.
I also found out how to use the admin password by now
Quote from dcm_wc :hi,anyone know why after i hosted a server and my friends can find but when connect it ..it show connection to server timed out . i already follow the guide from port forward website.

anyone can help me?do i need do other settings beside port forward?please help me
hi

sorry anout my english .

i have a problem ! i connect to server but sometims i can't see another car ! it is in the race but i can't see it and sometims they can't see me too !

car in the map become stop and i see a green font like this : " LAG ..."

what's my problem ?

thank you so much .
so got a problem too, i am connecting to my server, and its says "Connect timed out" i can see my server in LFSworld, i also can join it in local network. i think i am done most of things right, but there is one thing i am not sure of. also default open port is 113. so maybe someone just edit it with paint and put right numbers to right place?:P

i'll be waiting
Attached images
ports.bmp
You've set your port forwarding up incorrectly. May I suggest that you remove those and start again using portforward.com as a guide.
okay it works!

*full of happiness*
Hamed Sam: You're having issues with your connection to the servers - this thread probably isn't the best to ask about that, but it could be simply geographical or network distance to the server you're trying to connect to, poor connection from your ISP to various other parts of the internet (which will result in lag, as it has to travel a long way), or your ISP has decided to throttle the traffic LFS produces (can be done, and commonly LFS traffic is mis-shaped as file-sharing, etc.)

Piilu: Hoorah
I have a problem with a server I'm trying to host:

Sometimes it shows up in the serverlist, sometimes not. LFS Desktop (racers & hosts online) shows it everytime. And the only way to join is via 'join specific host (local network)' ontherwise (in the best case) you get to the welcome.txt text, then it goes to 'waiting for guest info' and then you get the message 'did not recive guest info, lost connection to host'.

The servername is:

# TEST #

I can send you screenshots of all the diferent settings via pm if you want.
I'd be willing to put money on the fact that it's fine 100% of the time for everyone outside of your network. There's absolutely no requirement to use the in-game list when you're hosting and connecting to the server, on the same LAN.
Did you tried it? Because yesterday I hosted the same server (same configuration) under another name. In the dedicated server window appeared the text

send track : 91.176.255.123 (fake adres, just as example)
send track : 91.176.255.123
alive : 91.176.255.123
connect : 91.176.255.123
new guest timed out

This happend a few times, each time a different adress
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
-
Cheap Lfs Dedicated Server (New Balance 2) DELETED by Bob Smith : don't spam your advert!
-
Cheap Lfs Dedicated Server (New Balance 2) DELETED by Bob Smith : don't spam your advert!
Hey there, DK_USA..... Ive gotten everything Done...My Dedi Works Great....and Ive Finally Figured out how to do all the Admin Commands....I have a couple of favors to ask....If its ok..

1. How Can I make People See My Dedicated Server on The Master List..

2. Can You Point me out to the List of Admin Commands and Track stuff..

Thanks A Bunch This Tread helps out..

S2 Rules!!!!
Quote from DK_USA :1. How Can I make People See My Dedicated Server on The Master List..

If it's working correctly then it should be on the master list automatically. All you need to do is have any port forwarding, firewall rules, etc. set to allow access and to tell it to use the master server in setup.cfg (which it does by default).

Quote from DK_USA :2. Can You Point me out to the List of Admin Commands and Track stuff..

There's a list of track names in the first post, and the admin commands can be found in X:\Where\You\Installed\LFS\docs\commands.txt, under the second heading entitled
Quote :Host commands :
---------------

Guest's timing out.
Hello,I need help on a issue i currently have.

I have got my ded host to run from the same pc as my game,an can connect fine to it via local and have had sum people connect to it fine
on out-side connections(e.g via internet)

Others Time out!!

My problem is >>I see a lot of people timed out on my ded host window,can anyone Please give me advice to fix this Issue???.

Example:

Got Master Packet
Got Master Packet
New Guest Timed out
Got Master Packet

Please help anyone??
Oh,My host's name is AUSSIE DRIFTING
If anyone wanted to try an connect..
there is driftlappr running aswell
Hey BlackKnight. I suffered this problem too a few days ago. However, it looked a little more like this...

New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out

You get the idea? I wasn't 100% sure what was going on, I'm still not. I decided to try changing my ports to much lower ports. I am now using 29999 for insim and 39999 TCP/UDP. The problem seemed to solve its self in an instant, I can only assume that my ISP (Eclipse) does not like me to use higher ports. Give it a try and see what happens. You can always put it back if it does not solve your issues.
Hmmm
Hi Psysim,Thanks for the quick reply.i did try changing to (39999 & 63392 & 1700) an i didnt get any hits....so i changed back and now its worse!!
I currently have /insim and port number in ded host setup config file
as follows.

// optional: InSim port
/insim=29999
// a high number below 65536
/port=1723<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this is number what i got after i did p/f of TCP 63392
TCP:HTTP / 80;10. 0. 0. 1---TCP;2933910. 0. 0. 1----UDP63392----10. 0. 0. 1----TCP:TELNET / 23;10. 0. 0. 1----TCP:PPTP / 17231:0. 0. 0. 1

How'eva my routers a siemens speedstream 4200,running adsl+2
and i have forwarded my ports 63392TCP/UDP with service PPTP,plus the added one of TCP 29339.

My question is maybe my port number is too low......or wrong port forwarding ?? Plus++ people's only seem to get in if im connected via my game,Ded host sitts there just timing most guests out while im not there.but even if i am there with guests....crazzzy any idea's guy's pleeeassee....

All good,I sorted the problem......(was port nomber i had used was in the wrong range (e.g.to low a port no.)
ohh,an i think it might have been slow in my connection that might have caused the timeout's getting worse.

Pc spec's: AMD 64@2ghz/2Gb ram+ nvidia Gforce 7600 GT with 200Gb H/D............
Quote from Blackknight555 :i changed back and now its worse!!

That is very very odd. I can't understand why it should get worse just from changing it back.

Quote from Blackknight555 :How'eva my routers a siemens speedstream 4200,running adsl+2 and i have forwarded my ports 63392TCP/UDP with service PPTP,plus the added one of TCP 29339.

You could try (if you have good security on your server) putting the IP address of your server into the DMZ to see what happens. I have tried this just so that I can bypass the port settings. I wouldn't leave it in the DMZ but its worth testing. Would like to know of the results.

Forget about the insim port for now, it should not make a difference unless your running an insim remotely and it's only going to add confusion.

Another thing that could make a difference is the actual hardware installed by your line provider? Yes, the actual phone line from exchange to your house. This could be hard for you to answer but what is it made from? The reason I ask is because my house was built during the strikes in the copper mine's here in the UK. The operators were at that time forced to use aluminum for phone cables and these cables cause me a lot of issues. Thank god I live in a cul-de-sac as any HGV that passes by snaps these lines.

Anyone else have any ideas? I myself am a little stumped by this issue.
PLS GUYS HELP ME!

I DID ALL THINGS I COULD DO. I OPENED PORTS, AND....
BUT WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT TO MY SERVER IT SAYS (ClientConnect:connect failed)
Attached images
cc.jpg

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG