The online racing simulator
Guide: Running an LFS Server
(707 posts, started )
Quote from DK_USA :1. How Can I make People See My Dedicated Server on The Master List..

If it's working correctly then it should be on the master list automatically. All you need to do is have any port forwarding, firewall rules, etc. set to allow access and to tell it to use the master server in setup.cfg (which it does by default).

Quote from DK_USA :2. Can You Point me out to the List of Admin Commands and Track stuff..

There's a list of track names in the first post, and the admin commands can be found in X:\Where\You\Installed\LFS\docs\commands.txt, under the second heading entitled
Quote :Host commands :
---------------

Guest's timing out.
Hello,I need help on a issue i currently have.

I have got my ded host to run from the same pc as my game,an can connect fine to it via local and have had sum people connect to it fine
on out-side connections(e.g via internet)

Others Time out!!

My problem is >>I see a lot of people timed out on my ded host window,can anyone Please give me advice to fix this Issue???.

Example:

Got Master Packet
Got Master Packet
New Guest Timed out
Got Master Packet

Please help anyone??
Oh,My host's name is AUSSIE DRIFTING
If anyone wanted to try an connect..
there is driftlappr running aswell
Hey BlackKnight. I suffered this problem too a few days ago. However, it looked a little more like this...

New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out
New Guest Timed out

You get the idea? I wasn't 100% sure what was going on, I'm still not. I decided to try changing my ports to much lower ports. I am now using 29999 for insim and 39999 TCP/UDP. The problem seemed to solve its self in an instant, I can only assume that my ISP (Eclipse) does not like me to use higher ports. Give it a try and see what happens. You can always put it back if it does not solve your issues.
Hmmm
Hi Psysim,Thanks for the quick reply.i did try changing to (39999 & 63392 & 1700) an i didnt get any hits....so i changed back and now its worse!!
I currently have /insim and port number in ded host setup config file
as follows.

// optional: InSim port
/insim=29999
// a high number below 65536
/port=1723<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this is number what i got after i did p/f of TCP 63392
TCP:HTTP / 80;10. 0. 0. 1---TCP;2933910. 0. 0. 1----UDP63392----10. 0. 0. 1----TCP:TELNET / 23;10. 0. 0. 1----TCP:PPTP / 17231:0. 0. 0. 1

How'eva my routers a siemens speedstream 4200,running adsl+2
and i have forwarded my ports 63392TCP/UDP with service PPTP,plus the added one of TCP 29339.

My question is maybe my port number is too low......or wrong port forwarding ?? Plus++ people's only seem to get in if im connected via my game,Ded host sitts there just timing most guests out while im not there.but even if i am there with guests....crazzzy any idea's guy's pleeeassee....

All good,I sorted the problem......(was port nomber i had used was in the wrong range (e.g.to low a port no.)
ohh,an i think it might have been slow in my connection that might have caused the timeout's getting worse.

Pc spec's: AMD 64@2ghz/2Gb ram+ nvidia Gforce 7600 GT with 200Gb H/D............
Quote from Blackknight555 :i changed back and now its worse!!

That is very very odd. I can't understand why it should get worse just from changing it back.

Quote from Blackknight555 :How'eva my routers a siemens speedstream 4200,running adsl+2 and i have forwarded my ports 63392TCP/UDP with service PPTP,plus the added one of TCP 29339.

You could try (if you have good security on your server) putting the IP address of your server into the DMZ to see what happens. I have tried this just so that I can bypass the port settings. I wouldn't leave it in the DMZ but its worth testing. Would like to know of the results.

Forget about the insim port for now, it should not make a difference unless your running an insim remotely and it's only going to add confusion.

Another thing that could make a difference is the actual hardware installed by your line provider? Yes, the actual phone line from exchange to your house. This could be hard for you to answer but what is it made from? The reason I ask is because my house was built during the strikes in the copper mine's here in the UK. The operators were at that time forced to use aluminum for phone cables and these cables cause me a lot of issues. Thank god I live in a cul-de-sac as any HGV that passes by snaps these lines.

Anyone else have any ideas? I myself am a little stumped by this issue.
PLS GUYS HELP ME!

I DID ALL THINGS I COULD DO. I OPENED PORTS, AND....
BUT WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT TO MY SERVER IT SAYS (ClientConnect:connect failed)
Attached images
cc.jpg
Quote from leonardo555 :PLS GUYS HELP ME!

I DID ALL THINGS I COULD DO. I OPENED PORTS, AND....
BUT WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT TO MY SERVER IT SAYS (ClientConnect:connect failed)

same here
Probably you don't have a public IP address.
Having problems here. I tried to set up a server and I can see it on Lfsworld but nobody can connect (ClientConnect: connect failed).
I called my ISP, the tech told me that all ports should be open. I followed the LFSwiki instructions but it still won't work.

Server: SR SERVU
Pass: streetrace

What should I do now ? Thanks in advance.
Question re: false starts
Dumb question;

I noticed on other servers that false starts result in a penalty, but the driver stays in the race.
However on my server (Z3, s2, Dedicated) whenever a driver false starts, they get a penalty message but then get spectated instantly.

Is it possible to shut off the spectate, and leave them in the race with the original penalty?
Quote from RobbyMac :Dumb question;

I noticed on other servers that false starts result in a penalty, but the driver stays in the race.
However on my server (Z3, s2, Dedicated) whenever a driver false starts, they get a penalty message but then get spectated instantly.

I believe you are mistaken. The effects that you speak of are not server options.

On all servers, you will first receive a penalty when doing a false start. If you immediately stop your car you will not be removed from the grid. It is when you keep on moving you will be removed. I suppose it is a measure to prevent disruptive players from crashing in to other cars before green (which obviously would have given the innocent driver a false-start penalty as well).

Perhaps you were so eager to see what happened on your server that you did not try to move just a little bit?
Quote from felplacerad :...Perhaps you were so eager to see what happened on your server that you did not try to move just a little bit?

Now I feel really dumb lol. That was it. If I had false started on another server I always stopped quickly, but during testing of my own server I'd just keep going. I just tested it on my server and it worked. thanks bunches!
I feel dumm, Im wanting to create a host for a small league and it seems on alocal host i can connbect to the dedcated host but from out side I cant. Im not sure what wrong i followed the instructions recheaked them but still no joy.

the joining people get connection timed out if this helps
Quote from typhirion :I feel dumm, Im wanting to create a host for a small league and it seems on alocal host i can connbect to the dedcated host but from out side I cant. Im not sure what wrong i followed the instructions recheaked them but still no joy.

the joining people get connection timed out if this helps

Make sure you have forwarded all ports on your router, and/or allowed them in your firewall.

Ports are listed somewhere in the guide.
Iv sorted the above out but know i have a new problem ( i think it my router that the problem and the way to sort it out is to move it. so my problem is:

Iv set up a host for a lan game and when i connect the local Laptops up they go online( to the host fine for say 30 secs then they disconnect andthen when i try and re connect to the host, a messagew boxapprears saying host timed out

i think as im having problems with my Wireless network in my host picking up the siginals asthe wireless card in it is not very powerful. so It should be a easy fix, ofmoving the router back in to the study
Can somewone try and connect to my server called "Cheese Land" It should work but... meh

If you cant find the server search for for user and type cheesomatic

Cheers
Quote from cheesomatic :Can somewone try and connect to my server called "Cheese Land" It should work but... meh

If you cant find the server search for for user and type cheesomatic

Cheers

I can't connect.
darn it anyone got any ideas?
I have Ports set correctly and everything
Maybe you don't have a public IP address.
might as well post it on here

I have a vps and when i run LFS i cannot join ( guest info not found) or similar,

i contacted my host about opening port 63392 and got this reply ?

"""Port 63392 is open under TCP but blocked for UDP and can't be open."""

Any ideas,

Thank you
mick
Quote from Mikjen :"""Port 63392 is open under TCP but blocked for UDP and can't be open."""

Change the port number that LFS runs on to one that is supported (i.e. open-able) by your VPS provider. /port=X will set LFS to use TCP/X and UDP/X, where X is a number between 0 and 65535.
thanks Angel,

To do this do i have to contact my host, l looked all over the help files on me server, and kees mentioning "
Opening Ports and Approving Applications

But cannot see this anywhere ?

thanks
Mick
That's a question that either your provider can answer, or their help files, I'm afraid.
Thanks Angel,

I spoke to my host @ VPSLand.com and they switched me to another server which will allow that port to be open.

Thanks
Mick

Spoke too soon, its still not allowing me to join
Ubuntu Intrepid, Wine wine-1.0.1 + dedicated host
Hi Lads,

I'm trying to setup a new host on my ubuntu server here. When I try to run
wine LFS.exe /cfg=setup.cfg I'm always getting the following message:

Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

dedicated=invisible of course, so I'm a bit lost now

I've tried ubuntu gutsy and hardy as well but no joy...
Just one more remark, for security reason I'm running hosts as chroot, but I guess this shouldn't affect it

Thanks for any help. Hopefully we'll get it sorted.

BigFoot
Check your config on a window box, or a box with an X server. The odds are that there's something wrong with your config and LFS is throwing an error message up, which will create a messagebox (which requires an X server).
After reading all instruction (good work mate) i try to start with dedicated host a server.
From the panel i receive "status online".
If i start LFS and i try to connect in local to 192.168.1.28 i can connect to my server and game.
But if i find it online, in lfs world, i can't find it.
I've opened in router 63392 in tcp and ucp and 29339 in tcp.
I also set firewall that permit lfs.exe and port 63392 and 29339.

Which is the problem ?

I use a specified IP (my external) and if a use o not ( xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) don't change anything.

The server now is online, the name is "Demolition Park", autocross, can u see it ?

---

updated: interesting !!! the server is online, but in S1 !!!
Why if a use this in my config.cfg ?

// demo/s1/s2
/mode=s2
Just joined perfectly michele0676

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(707 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG