The online racing simulator
Too much caffeine in your diet son illepall
lol tristan.. im waiting for this!
tristan must be sleeping under that *soaks in petrol*
yes! i cant wait to see (erm.. besides the fact i've seen the skin before )
Here it is!!! Resized from the 2560*2048, 4.21MB original png file.

Now some of you are thinking "wait a minute, thats the same as last time", but of course it's not quite. Look at the teeny details, like the chalk on the tyre sidewall and the red/blue lines in the center of the tread like a real cars has. Notice the subtle reflections on the surface of the car.

But most of all, notice the complete lack of naff looking fabric drapes over it

Hope you like it Smax. It only took 55 minutes apparently so if you'd like any details changing it's perfectly dooable. For example the wheels - somehow they got a rough look to them even though there isn't any bump/displacement mapping on them. Don't know how that happened, but I bet I can fix it (eventually). But I'm sure you can work with them in Photoshop so it's not as obvious.

Edit: Re did it to improve the simply ghastly wheels (not the tyres, they're drool worthy imo).

Edit2: Thought I'd see what a slick looks like with this material. The ONLY change I have made is to remove the displacement map and the custom 'wets' texture (and replaced it with my standard slicks texture I've used for weeks).
Attached images
Smax_resized.jpg
smax_slicks.png
Wow, amazing! How did you get the wheels look so real?
A combination of trial and error, educated guesses and Nuse' contstructive critisism.

Oh, and I've gone and clicked render again, and this time I'm 99% sure the wheels (the metally bit that some people call 'rims') won't be so horrid and more like the 'previews'. 54 minutes too go, and I'll edit this post and the previous one when it's done, as well as uploading the new one.

Edit: 58 minutes and 27 seconds. Wheels a hell of a lot nicer now in my opinion, much more like the previews
Well I suppose I can make do with it

No seriously I am delighted by it and very grateful to you for spending so much of your time on this work for me.

I am strictly 2dSMax, there's no way I could have pulled that off by myself.

It'll be interesting to see the look on my programme leader's face when I tell her that texture design for video games is a perfectly relevant area of graphic design, and it doesn't all have to be about semiotics, and the looks on my coursemate's faces when they see it 'cos they're all a bunch of petrol heads. I'm tempted to see just how big I can print it...A1 poster size might look quite nice I think.

THANK YOU TRISTAN, now all I have to do is "brand" it for my portfolio, I take it your name is actually Tristan Cliffe? [for credit purposes... stupid question I know ]
Yup, none of this 'Bob Smith' pseudonym malarky for me
Glad you like it...
-
(Greboth) DELETED by Greboth
First time.
This is my first time asking this for a render. I know roughly how long it takes to fully render a skin (i am trying to learn but not having time at min ) So if someone has the time could you render one or both of these skins for me please.
They are for the FZ50 GTR and the FOX as the file name suggests.
Much thanks.
Attached images
FOX_GB.jpg
FZR_MOTUL350GR copy.jpg
Quote from Greboth :This is my first time asking this for a render. I know roughly how long it takes to fully render a skin (i am trying to learn but not having time at min ) So if someone has the time could you render one or both of these skins for me please.
They are for the FZ50 GTR and the FOX as the file name suggests.
Much thanks.

I wish I could make the wheels as nice as Tristan makes 'em But from my side you'll have to do it with this
FZR Render running now.
Attached images
FOX_GB_1024.jpg
FZR_MOTUL350GR_1024.jpg
Quote from [FuLLocK]JoK3R :try again ^_^

any one wanna render this skin for me.

http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.p...9&d=1139928007

Sure, hang on.

Edit: there you go, don't understand why you've mirrored the one side though...? Probably not on purpose? FYI you can't just copy-mirror one side to another when u use text on it...
Edit2: Oh well, cos I found out too late you might not have done that on purpose, here's a render from the other side.
Attached images
UF1_Panda_1024.jpg
UF1_Panda_1024_OtherSide.jpg
haha thanks for that

yea i dont know why i did that, i might update it
Tristan thats AWESOME!!
Hello
I've rendered my xrr skin today, I've improved my scene, and my brother made the wheels I use in my new xrr scene
Tristan, good job on the FOX scene.
One odd mistake though, Bridgestone tires and Michelin logo?illepall
Quote from traxxion :I wish I could make the wheels as nice as Tristan makes 'em But from my side you'll have to do it with this
FZR Render running now.

Thanks traxxion I am very pleased with them as they are
Quote from Priitmek :Tristan, good job on the FOX scene.
One odd mistake though, Bridgestone tires and Michelin logo?illepall

Well spotted!!! Damn you

But it just so happens I was making a michelin texture for the sidewalls (albeit a bit low res, though I doubt it'd be noticable unless I was only rendering a tyre), so it's not gonna be too much of a problem to whack out a Michelin version.

Smax - if you see this don't print it yet onto your poster, I'll make it again (identical, just with Michelin sidewalls).
Ok....that would be cool as Tristan....However to be fair it's not really Tristan's fault.... I made the skin, he made the renders and that logo is so small I guess he overlooked it when he applied his [Bridgestone] sidewall texture to the wheel...although I didn't make the same mistake when I based the texture for the tyre pattern on a Michelin F1 wet
Thanks a bunch if you would.
I swear this is my last PennSate car.
Attached images
FZR_PSU_Final.jpg
Could someone have a go at this please, with white wheels if possible.
Its the XFG version of the XFR one I have already, not the same one

Cheers
Attached images
XFG_T16.jpg
Quote from Kchrpm :First the skin: http://home.comcast.net/~kchrpm/FZR_Qdoba.jpg

Second the minor requests: Wheel center/spoke the color of the green on the cactus logo, wheel edges the color of the orange in the logo, resolution 1280x800

Any takers?
@GreatScott
Attached images
GreatScott.jpg
@Bean0
Attached images
Bean0.jpg

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG