The online racing simulator
my gf's skin
(noob)
Attached images
xfr_chanel.jpg
If someone could please do a render for me, that would be fantastic.
This is my first decent skin.

It will be much appreciated.

Also, I posted both the 1024x1024 and 2048x2048 versions.
I wasn't sure if one or the other is required, but just in case.
Attached images
xfr_psu_final_render.jpg
here!
sorry about the background, i couldnt find a better HDRi and im on a rush..!
Attached images
xfr_penn.jpg
So fast! Thanks so much! It looks fantastic.

Do you think you could maybe do one more shot... maybe of the back?

If not, that's fine.

Again, thanks so much!

Edit- holy crap, and another! Nevermind, then, this works very nicely.

You guys are top notch!
can anyone render this new skin for me? taken me a while to make this one , not entirely sure its done but i think it is

in 2048 rez as usual

thanks
Attached images
XRR_uk.jpg
Hope this isn't too bad...
Attached images
XRR_Gish.png
there,
and again sorry about the background, i gotta find some time to finish this scene..
Attached images
xrr_uk.jpg
thanks guys
Who wants to render this skin?
http://www.cyxian.nl/screens/hel_darkone003.jpg

I'll send the file by pm, since I found already 3 different versions of my old one, which is only 2 weeks old.

I got it in 1024*1024, but I can make it 2048*2048.
I'll have a go - I also made a smoothed helmet with opening visor which looks okay, and uses the same mapping as the original. Is the helmet made with straight lines on it or curves, cos straight lines (which look good on the normal helmet) look silly on the smoother lid. Send me a PM with what you're after and I'll see what I can do.
Hey!
You guys are doing some awsome 3D renders ! Very cool !
And I got a new job for you It is our team skin, and the render will maybe been used for our website. I got two skins, it would be cool if you could make them parked together or something cool! Do what ever you want.. Just make it look nice

Hope someone will do the job for me and the team.. Thank you
Attached images
FXR_teamSR.jpg
XFR_teamSR.jpg
My Pingo - hope it's okay. Will love to see "rendered by" on your website

Streets Ghost - Finally got that dry ice, unpacked it, and sprinkled it round the cars. Enjoy
Attached images
teamSR.jpg
Ghost.jpg
wow , big thanks

I hope that some day I will be able to something like this
I'd be very grateful if somebody would do the honours for me, and if I can do something reasonably quick and photoshoppy in return then of course I will

Now for the fun part where I'm going to be a nuisance and be a bit specific about what I'd like.... I'm aiming to print the resulting render at A3 size and include it my portolio of random artstuff, so I'd need a decent quality image. To get up to that size I really need the render to be 1024x768 as a minimum and larger would be nice, but don't bust a hard disk to do it... Please please please DO NOT interpolate your rendered image to increase the resolution,72pixels per inch will do just fine. I have quite a neat plug in for photoshop that does that much better than photoshop does.

I'd like the render to be on a plain lightcoloured background, since I might want to cut the car out of the background and include it in some other project. Since my portfolio has a standard title format for all of the pages please don't stick any text onto the render but please DO give me your full real name so that I can credit you for the render. One last thing, I'd like the render to show the right hand side of the car since that has some decals that the left hand side does not, and preferably from roughly the same angle as the car in the "showing off" pic at the bottom of this post.
However please don't spend lots of time setting up a scene on my account, just use whatever preset doesn't waste too much of your time.

Hmmm quite an essay....oh well here's hoping....and thanks to anyone who feels like taking this on for me.
I'll give it a go, but don't let that stop anyone else asking too

As for your nuisance bit, thats great - sometimes I wish more people would be more specific, cos then renders become different and I don't look so lazy.
Size: I can do 1280*1024 in 20 mins (the rendering process, not the setting up), and bigger if you want. A 1600*1200 render wouldn't be out of the question, but I'd send you smaller previews first to make sure I'm not wasting my time.
The image wouldn't be (afaik) interpolated - it would be a true 1600 pixels

Light, plain colour background is easy, and it won't affect the cars colour because I can make the floor invisible to lighting (i.e. you can see it and shadows are cast on it, but you won't see it reflecting in the car or affecting the colours.
Right hand side - no problem. I guess you'd want the car pointing to the left, sort of the opposite of your picture.

Now the sad bit - I might not be able to get this done today, but we'll see. It's more likely I'll end up doing it tomorrow, if that's okay.

Edit: Okay, beers it is!!!
Tristan any time before June is fine mate, go out and have a beer it's Friday

Car pointing to the left sort of opposite of the picture is exactly what's wanted... and as for size and previews well yes I'd love 1600*1200 and if posting previews means you waste less time then let's do it that way....

if you can get me a decent shot of an plain coloured Stratos since I dont' have Gran Turismo 4 [pretty much anything except black] I'll give you your orange stratos @ min eau rouge by way of return
Oh, thank you so much Tristan !! :bowdown: Looks great!!
And for sure I will write "maked by Tristan" on the site when it is ready!

Thank you agin, so much!

and btw there will maybe be some more work for you guys.. as we get more skins ready
Pleasure Pingo!

@Smax - here is a 'preview' of the scene. I've been fiddling with the tyres to make them more, well, tyre like, but it's early days - currently too rough methinks. Anyway, it's quite a big preview cos I left my PC whirring whilst I did some Engine simulations on campus. Give me your thoughts on any/every aspect of the scene that's not what you like (if you're too picky I'll just ignore you though ).

Edit: Preview image updated (after wet tyre discussion)
Edit2: Image removed (superceeded)
The angle and the aspect of the car are just what I wanted, and since you said "preview" I'm going to presume that you will apply more lightsourcing to the wheels. The only thing I'm not keen in is the tyre texture, looks far too like the photoshop "sandstone" texture for my taste.
I suppose treaded "wets" is too much to ask for?

The only other comment I have to make is because there's a fair amount of white on the car could you darken the background a touch?

I like it mate, thanks!!
multiply that bump map a little bit more tristan and it will come out better; its also weird looking with the blue plain above hte car giving the tires a blue tint and last but not least, your tire material.. close.. but not quite right, slicks are quite glossy (they are almost plastic looking) so increase the gloss a little more, and lower the specular a little more too (and i would make them slightly darker)
Smax - I'll see what I can do to get 'wets', but don't hold your breathe. You wouldn't happen to have a 1024 Tyre.dds with the top tyre (slick) with a wet texture. That could be your photoshop mission

Nuse - There is no bump map The there is no blue plane (I can't work out how you got that?). And I'm using a vraymat, so I don't have control of specular and glossiness. Plus the tyre 'reflections' are set to monochrome, so the colours can't show anyway. Slicks are quite glossy when new, but not when you've used them, and I hate it when they show cars with unused slicks cos it just looks wrong.

Anyway, I know what needs fixing to get the tyres a bit better - it needs a finer grain, a touch less reflections, less sharp reflections, and what have you. But I'm gonna get them nicer soon. As I have been told this has to be ready before June I can afford a bit of time making the tyres just so.
I can make .dds files no problem at all, if you can be a bit more specific about what you want I'll give it a bash, although probably not today since I'm off to watch Derby County get beaten as usual and if I don't take the missus out tonight I shall get a kicking.
I'm using a hi-res tyre texture that I think Kegety made, although I believe it's only the slick texture thats improved (I've attached it, but it's not my work - see Kegety's site for other stuff). You could put whatever rain tread you want on that, where the slick texture is (because that's the portion the FOX tyres use), and then I can put that on the car. I also converted the texture into a displacement map so the treads stand out of the tyre a bit, but thats just a case of making the tread paler than the grooves. I'll attach a texture I use for displacments too.

Edit: Actually I won't attach them as they are 5.33MB and 4.0MB respectively

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG