GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
Quote from hrtburnout :Please do post some screenshots. I might buy it if it's any good

I'll do one better and post videos when i get it
Woo, just managed a 53.2 with default setup.

If the 990 bike is a V5 'Honda', it better sound good!

Damn I wish I had a creditcard I could use right now.
mmmm bummer, for some reason i get 'core.exe' has stopped working..... running vista aswell, just checked rscnet and there isnt a solution just yet....d 'oh.
#54 - MR_B
Quote from beefyman666 :Woo, just managed a 53.2 with default setup.

If the 990 bike is a V5 'Honda', it better sound good!

Damn I wish I had a creditcard I could use right now.

Down to a 53.5

How did you manage to get LFS without one? (cue the flaming nana for me...)

Is anyone else having trouble with the sound? I seem to be getting lots of lovely sound from my left speaker, but the right just gets a very faint engine noise...
Quote from MR_B :How did you manage to get LFS without one? (cue the flaming nana for me...)

It was bought for me as a gift a couple of years ago, aswell as a wheel.

I only have a bank account with no overdraft (basically a savings account) as I run up a nasty debt with a previous account and got refused another one.

I'll see if mother will let me pinch her creditcard.
Quote from mrfell :mmmm bummer, for some reason i get 'core.exe' has stopped working..... running vista aswell, just checked rscnet and there isnt a solution just yet....d 'oh.

I just installed the demo and says that, core.exe error!, XP here
tried it.. didn't like it maybe cause i dont have a good pad to play it with... will try and get my hands on a xb360 pad soon
#60 - MR_B
Just a heads up...

*.pkz files can be opened within WinRAR. Although if you edit files within them (e.g. noale_r250_07.ini) the game will boot but the bike won't. Perhaps something to do with not being licenced?

Quote from Feffe85 :tried it.. didn't like it maybe cause i dont have a good pad to play it with... will try and get my hands on a xb360 pad soon

Use a wheel!
Some screenshots of full content

Iwata IZR1 2004

Murasama RC990 M 2004

Trying to stay on the bike in wet

Really like this one

If thumbnails don't work for you ... get a firefox
Looking pretty good there tonix. Does the 990 sound like the RC211V?

Also notice theres little graphical flaws in them screenshots, like no brakes on a couple of them.

I just did a 52.9 with a slightly modded default setup.
When you guys were going on the demo part, anyone notice the player disappearing at all?

In all I guess this is a pretty good bike games, kinda challenging to steer and brake in the right spot
Quote from scoobyrbac :When you guys were going on the demo part, anyone notice the player disappearing at all?

After doing a U-turn on the grass the rider went all stretched and spun round like crazy, a quick reset onto track fixed that though.
Quote from beefyman666 :After doing a U-turn on the grass the rider went all stretched and spun round like crazy, a quick reset onto track fixed that though.

where that crest is there's a nice tyre wall hit that spot and the rider goes space traveling
Quote from rc10racer :where that crest is there's a nice tyre wall hit that spot and the rider goes space traveling

I hit that earlier, the rider went flying along the ground, the bike followed him and nearly ran him over. But what amazed me was the bike kept going on it's own accord 'til it hit a fence and fell over.

I'm truly impressed with a first alpha release of this, and it's only a demo (well for me anyway).
Did a low 53 although lots of room to improve. I had to stop because something broke inside my wheel (something came loose ithink)

Does anyone find the view movement a bit disorientating? The way the bike rotates around the view instead of the other way around? For me it is extremely hard to put the bike in right places because of it and it takes a lot thinking to keep the bike on right "path". I'd say the "real view" is somewhere between the bike and the view both moving around a bit when steering and leaning instead of the bike just rotating around the viewpoint.

Other than that, the whole package looks very promising and is quite fun and enjoyable.
Heh well im using keyboard only cuz it wont play with G25 and im too lazy to keep exploring how to get it to work so...

I like it, I have most driving AIDS on but im on keyboard so its pretty hard anyways :P. I managed to get it to spin quite a couple of times and I didn't get a single timed lap after the whole time I've been playing O_O.
Down to 52.5.
oh hell it's so hard, .. i just cant.. a single lap without 10 resets
Done 15 laps now on my xbox pad and managed to do a 51.88

I think if this game develops well then I'm definitely going to buy it, an xbox pad seems to suit it well and it runs smoothly on my old machine!

P.S : Take off the braking aid if you have an analogue controller cause you can brake much harder and later, just need to ease off quicker too.
I like how the description says the demo track is a fantasy track. Looks pretty similar to Lime Rock Park to me.
Haha. He probably didn't ask permission so he made the track slightly different somewere and called it a fantasy track. Imo.

Still kinda fun sim Although I couldn't get a single timed lap in :P
I bought the license but am waiting for Paypal to clear the payment...slow-pokes.

With the demo, Im impressed so far. I found that if you use "mouse view" and point the mouse so your looking as far down at the tank as you can but keeping it straight, thats a more realistic view(for me anyway).

Im excited to see what can be done for online play. I predict a crash-fest the first online race.
Downloaded... and hooray for Limerock in the demo! Still can't manage a proper lap, but whatever...

GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG