The online racing simulator
GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
Just managed a 51.162 - Not super fast, but I think 50.8X is doable I just need to bring my 1st sector times back down.

Edit: How do I export replays? I can't seem to work it out... ;\
1. Save the replay.
2. Enter the replay viewer.
3. Go to the end of your hotlap and click the red button next to the replay controls.
4. Go to the beginning of your hotlap and click the green button.
5. Click save.
6. Find the replay in \GP Bikes\gpbikes\replays and add it to a .zip archive.
7. Post the .zip here.
I can see a lot of potential in this game, although the steering system sucks a bit. Definately the most realistic bike game I've ever driven though.

A few points though:
- You can get away with braking extremely hard while leaning fully, as the front end will never break lose.
- It will only lean over to the most-lean-before-losing-it-angle, and never further.

It needs more view options, specifically one which is in a fixed relative to the bike position, and I can't find a drivers onboard view in the replays.

IMO the steering should work like this:
Have control over the handlebars. I.e. to turn into a right hander, you will need to steer left initially, and then control the lean with the handlebars. Also, you should be able to countersteer to the extent that the bike will topple over completely.

The best lap I've managed so far is a 51.187, but I have no idea how to setup a motorbike.
Quote from DaveWS :I can see a lot of potential in this game, although the steering system sucks a bit. Definately the most realistic bike game I've ever driven though.

A few points though:
- You can get away with braking extremely hard while leaning fully, as the front end will never break lose.
- It will only lean over to the most-lean-before-losing-it-angle, and never further.

It needs more view options, specifically one which is in a fixed relative to the bike position, and I can't find a drivers onboard view in the replays.

IMO the steering should work like this:
Have control over the handlebars. I.e. to turn into a right hander, you will need to steer left initially, and then control the lean with the handlebars. Also, you should be able to countersteer to the extent that the bike will topple over completely.

The best lap I've managed so far is a 51.187, but I have no idea how to setup a motorbike.

Have you got the aids on? because iv taken them all off and you just tap the front brake whilst leaned fully over and your off, which is realistic, and the physics iv found are fairly realistic and i race motorbikes irl
Im just going to have to buy a motorbike controller now to play this sim, like from arcades where you lean the bike over etc
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :and the physics iv found are fairly realistic and i race motorbikes irl

Cool, what and where do you race?
Quote from danowat :Cool, what and where do you race?

3 Hour enduro offroad racing, its multi terrain type stuff, ie you might have a race with alot of difficult woodland and slippy hills, or like the race im doing tomorrow is all mainly all flat land corn fields down in lincoln, when your doing over 100mph offroad on cornfields with ruts and trenches, you know about it

But iv done some superbike racing at three sisters race course in wigan, and some supermoto racing there
P.S. Third person view is for pussies, and should be banned forever (in regards to when trying to set fast laps).
i just get a core.exe missing
looks fun :s
Quote from DaveWS :Have control over the handlebars. I.e. to turn into a right hander, you will need to steer left initially, and then control the lean with the handlebars.

absolutley.. driver lean and handlebars should be controlled indepenently... also i think the leaning physics are a bit screwed... seems like you can control the lean jsut fine with the front wheel in the air

but it has loads of potential and is the best effort to simulate bikes that ive seen so far
Very quickly made skin, its early days with the tools. No blank skins had to make my own dodgy template.
Attached images
ATCinGP.jpg
I've just bought it and trying a new track on a bigger bike is even more of a challenge

Does anybody know what the different bikes are? Obviously there's a 2 stroke 250 twin racing bike and some kind of Moto GP (Honda?), but what's the other bike, it seems a bit more dosile than the Orange one?
The other one is roughly based on a Yamaha M1 MotoGP bike by the looks of things.

The 250 2 stroke is (I think) based on an Aprilia RSW250, and the other superbike based on (as already mentioned) a Honda RC211V.

I'm hoping that some brilliant modder makes a decent pre 2000 2 stroke 500cc MotoGP bike.
The other one is some sort of Yamaha, at least one of the paint jobs would hint so.
The exhaust pipe gives it away, too. Yamaha has been using that exhaust design on their MotoGP bikes ever since MotoGP switched to 4-strokes. I have yet to try it out yet, but if it is more docile, it's possible it's the new 800cc version as opposed to the old 990cc of the Honda. The fact that it's called a 2004 model seems to suggest otherwise, though.
Quote from kiss me :i just get a core.exe missing
looks fun :s

Did you get it to work? If not, install it again and when it finish check the "outal" or something like that O.o it worked for me but for some reason it just wont start anyways, but i dont get the core.exe problem anymore.
I'm really enjoying this.

I'm not quick though, only in the 54's atm, but it's definitely worth an investment when more content and proper online play comes along.

Is it worth buying one of those bike-handlebar-controller things ?
do some of u guys already bought the ful version?

and can u skin with demo if yes in wich foler is de default ore are the thinks yoy can skin located?

Also where do i put mi setups when i download them?
downloading so slow! 25kbps wth!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :do some of u guys already bought the ful version?

and can u skin with demo if yes in wich foler is de default ore are the thinks yoy can skin located?

Also where do i put mi setups when i download them?

The demo can add skins but it's not like LFS, every other game I've skinned for has been a pain in the ass compred to it.

The skins are .pnt files so you have to unpack, this gives you all the skin files (.tga format) then repack all these file back into the .pnt file to make the finished skin.

Luckily it's easier if you want to just add already made skin. First you need to unzip the bike.PKZ (it's just a renamed .zip file) into the gpbikes folder. That lets you access all the files needed, then it's just a case of putting the finished skin file in the relevent bikes folder, E:\Program Files\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\noale_r250_07\paints\I_put_the_skin_here.pnt, for example.

The setups go into your profile folder, then just follow the folders to the right bike track combo.
Quote from Forbin :The exhaust pipe gives it away, too. Yamaha has been using that exhaust design on their MotoGP bikes ever since MotoGP switched to 4-strokes. I have yet to try it out yet, but if it is more docile, it's possible it's the new 800cc version as opposed to the old 990cc of the Honda. The fact that it's called a 2004 model seems to suggest otherwise, though.

It may just be my perception then, it seemed the blue one shifted weight slower than the Honda, need some proper back to back laps staying on to be sure though
Quote from ajp71 :It may just be my perception then, it seemed the blue one shifted weight slower than the Honda, need some proper back to back laps staying on to be sure though

nah feels the same to me which is why i thought its must be a superbike or similar

frustratingly im not one bit faster in the bigger bikes round lime rock

GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG