The online racing simulator
GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
could you possibly have made that video any louder?
The volume is on par with most other videos on youtube.
weird yesterday night it played back a lot louder for some extraordinary reason
Quote from Forbin :It's called a back torque limiting clutch (aka slipper clutch). It disengages partially under engine braking and has a similar effect as engine brake reduction on the BF1 in LFS. I have it set as loose as it will go for maximum rear end traction. If it were set tighter, I'd risk having the rear slide out on me, especially when off the throttle at high lean angles.

All MotoGP bikes and a lot of recent production sport bikes have this feature.

Is blipping the throttle under braking still necessary then? I see you do it in your (nice) lap.
Quote from DaveWS :Is blipping the throttle under braking still necessary then? I see you do it in your (nice) lap.

It's habit. All bikers will blipp under braking, just becomes second nature after a while..

I managed to get this game to finally work with my wheel.. all I can say is it feels extremely weird. I certainly don't remember riding bikes feeling anything like it does in the game. For example when trying to flick the bike side to side, rather than flick, the bike moves from one side of the track all the way over to the other side... very odd. The physics seem to be making the bike act like it would at very high speed, (where it's actually quite hard to get a bike to change direction), at all speeds in the game.

I know i've been away from biking for nearly a decade but I did ride for over a decade too and that included quite a lot of track days.. I can't believe that if I got on a bike now it would feel as unatural as this game does. There's something not quite right with the whole thing but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I've been playing LFS too long
Quote from DaveWS :Is blipping the throttle under braking still necessary then? I see you do it in your (nice) lap.

The game does that automatically. It has auto blip/cut like in past versions of LFS.
Quote from gezmoor :It's habit. All bikers will blipp under braking, just becomes second nature after a while..

I managed to get this game to finally work with my wheel.. all I can say is it feels extremely weird. I certainly don't remember riding bikes feeling anything like it does in the game. For example when trying to flick the bike side to side, rather than flick, the bike moves from one side of the track all the way over to the other side... very odd. The physics seem to be making the bike act like it would at very high speed, (where it's actually quite hard to get a bike to change direction), at all speeds in the game.

I know i've been away from biking for nearly a decade but I did ride for over a decade too and that included quite a lot of track days.. I can't believe that if I got on a bike now it would feel as unatural as this game does. There's something not quite right with the whole thing but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I've been playing LFS too long

The 250cc feels like my old RS when I was really pushing it on a twisty back road.. just a little heavier. Having not really pushed my Z that hard I can't speak about the bigger bikes but it is a racing simulation after all, and thank god there are no cruise servers!
Quote from Forbin :It's called a back torque limiting clutch (aka slipper clutch). It disengages partially under engine braking and has a similar effect as engine brake reduction on the BF1 in LFS. I have it set as loose as it will go for maximum rear end traction. If it were set tighter, I'd risk having the rear slide out on me, especially when off the throttle at high lean angles.

All MotoGP bikes and a lot of recent production sport bikes have this feature.

I know about slipper clutches, the point of them is that you are able to safely change down the gearbox, but I've never seen (or indeed heard) one on a motorcycle where drive is apparently completely disengaged and revs drop to tickover until you open the throttle again

Sounds wrong. If that's how you have to set it then something is wrong.
Quote from sinbad :I know about slipper clutches, the point of them is that you are able to safely change down the gearbox, but I've never seen (or indeed heard) one on a motorcycle where drive is apparently completely disengaged and revs drop to tickover until you open the throttle again

It is wrong, my Aprilia has a slipper clutch and it never disengages the drive.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The 250cc feels like my old RS when I was really pushing it on a twisty back road.. just a little heavier. Having not really pushed my Z that hard I can't speak about the bigger bikes but it is a racing simulation after all, and thank god there are no cruise servers!

Well now I've calibrated the wheel to be more sensitive it's a lot better. But it still seems to move the bike around the track way too much IMO.

Take an example.. coming out of a corner leaned over, (not even all that hard) and over to the left of the track, steering to get the bike to flick over to lean the other way causes it to end up right over on the right hand side of the track and quite often on the grass. I know it's a narrow track but it's only a 250.. no way it will swing that far over the circuit .. there's something wrong somewhere. The bike just floats underneath you and it's wheel positioning on the track moves about from underneath you depending on your steering input. Bikes don't respond like that, the wheels stay planted following the line and you and the bike move over the top of them not vice versa like in the game where your head follows the line and the bike moves around underneath you running off the track when it wouldn't do in real life. It won't hold a fixed radius turn, (or fixed lean angle), either unless you keep giving it increasing throttle, other wise it just keeps turning tighter (or dropping in to the turn). Maybe it's to do with the "interface" and the fact im using a wheel, but I'm not 100% convinced.
Hmm, I've only played it using a gamepad and it feels ok-ish.. the bike moving about under braking and over bumps is what makes it good to me... I guess it's just a different feeling from actually riding (and having to countersteer), to go to steering the direction you want to go.. maybe it's just odd anyway..
Quote from sinbad :I know about slipper clutches, the point of them is that you are able to safely change down the gearbox, but I've never seen (or indeed heard) one on a motorcycle where drive is apparently completely disengaged and revs drop to tickover until you open the throttle again

I have the full version too (after my crash in august I needed to fill my time with something and cruise servers don't spark my interest and racing with a keyboard is not my thing either) and bought a game pad, bought GPBikes, and now I sit quietly and wait until the sim gets better and the tires feel like tires rather than animated black hoops that have nearly no connection to the ground when they break free.

Alpha usually means it's no where near done, so I expect it to get much better if and when they develop the game further.

Going backward through connecticut circuit (lime rock) and jumping the hill cadwell park style has been the best part of the demo and full version for me.

I know my comp. is junk and the graphics are terrible, but it's the way the sim's feel for me that keeps me coming back to them.
Attached images
GPB wheelie.JPG
GPB jumping.JPG
Core.exe keeps crashing for me and i cant get to rsc to see how to fix it
Quote from hazaky :Nice bump

The last post before u was made in january.

Alpha 6 was released in october, his post is very relevant. No need for a witchhunt.
Quote from hazaky :
The last post before u was made in january.

Well done.

There was a new update, is it such a crime to let everyone know? GP bikes isn't that bad you know!

Might have to set up my PS3 controller and give this another whizz. I quite enjoyed it back when I tried the first alpha, even with the bugs and glitches just hotlapping around the track.
This is actually pretty good I used a joystick with twist axis for throttle, left/right for lean.
Here is a message from PiBoSo, the main developper of GP Bikes :

"To bring GP Bikes to the next step, artists are needed:

Jobs openings at PiBoSo
1) Texture artist able to create normal maps, liveries and naturalistic textures using Photoshop

2) 3ds Max modeler able to create circuit layout and trackside objects

Required: - passion for racing motorcycles - fluent in written English
To apply, please send an email to [email protected]

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=339768
wow that hatchback looks fugly
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Shadowww
Nice, i had no clue they made a racing game too
Motorcycle racing isn't racing?
obviously i meant to say car racing game I'm gonna go try it out now.

GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG