(261 posts, started )
Quote from tonix :Some screenshots of full content

Iwata IZR1 2004

Murasama RC990 M 2004

Trying to stay on the bike in wet

Really like this one

If thumbnails don't work for you ... get a firefox

how do you get the free camera like that? i mean for example shift+u in lfs
In the replay menu you get about 5 or 6 different views, no free view.
Lucky Strike skin is looking awesome garph, top job!
how do you save a replay? can you do it in demo? and which files do you have to edit to skin?
Quote from mickyc30 :how do you save a replay? can you do it in demo? and which files do you have to edit to skin?

Read the whole thread, the answers are here somewhere.

If not, go on RSC and find the GP Bikes section.
k thanks beefy
can you actually do wheelie in the game? i play 2-3 times every day but i cant do it,even with manual lean. and once i managed 52,321 on demo
You can, but the game limits how high you can get it off the ground by cutting the throttle.
and how do i save sets for this?
this is awesome.
after crashing 3284724 times i managed to drive a 52.24.

i so wish i could buy the full version, despite the early stage.
quality sim.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :this is awesome.
after crashing 3284724 times i managed to drive a 52.24.

i so wish i could buy the full version, despite the early stage.
quality sim.

after some tweaking of the set i got a 54 after crashing countles times

A boosted already say realy good cosididring it's so early in development
What controller do you recommend for the game ? I tired using keyboard and G25 and both were unplayable. I want to buy a game, however I would have to buy a controller to play it
Quote from himself :What controller do you recommend for the game ? I tired using keyboard and G25 and both were unplayable. I want to buy a game, however I would have to buy a controller to play it

Xbox360 pad works real well.
Quote from himself :What controller do you recommend for the game ? I tired using keyboard and G25 and both were unplayable. I want to buy a game, however I would have to buy a controller to play it

i'm using the g25 at 90° (and the pedals of course), works pretty well. still trying to get below 52.
Quote from LFSn00b :doesn't work, whines something like "Prosedure's starting point alSource3i is not dynamically found from linkable library OpenAL32.dll"

Had the same problem, Try running the installer as administrator.
So ... the full version has 2 more bikes (a "Iwata" and a "Murasama"), and one more track (basically Laguna Seca), right?
Yes.
i really like the demo so far, considering its early stage.
For the ones who are disturbed by the upright view, it helped me alot when i turned up the tilt slider in settings/simulation, so that the view gets tilted, gives a much better feel of what the bike is doing.
I still need much improvement in speed though (i never rode a bike for real), my best time so far is a 56.5 with a dual analogue-stick gamepad (basically like a PS2-Controller).
I can only get a 54.1 with KB. I have no idea how to set it up so I can steer with the mouse—is it possible?
I don't think so. And using the keyboard is awful. Surely the developers need to consider building in mouse support as it's the most widely used analogue controller around for PC.
Is this an experiment in creating the most difficult game in the world?

If the view leaned with the bike it might be easier, as it stands it's difficult to notice how much the bike is leaning until you realise it should be leaning the other way... too late - and when you do lean the bike magically rotates across to the other side of the screen, making it even more disorientating and making it much easier to run out of road before you even reach the corner. It's just weird.

And yes I cranked the lean slider up to max before I even did my first run.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I don't think so. And using the keyboard is awful. Surely the developers need to consider building in mouse support as it's the most widely used analogue controller around for PC.

Ah, that stinks. I even use mouse for LFS (and I own a wheel). Mouse support was the original reason I thought the LFS demo was worth playing.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is this an experiment in creating the most difficult game in the world?

If the view leaned with the bike it might be easier, as it stands it's difficult to notice how much the bike is leaning until you realise it should be leaning the other way... too late.

And yes I cranked the lean slider up to max before I even did my first run.

lol I thought so too. But it takes a day or so to get used to... your brain definitely has to learn what's going on w/r/t visual input and what to do with that information. A fun challenge, I think.

edit: just did a 51.960 with the KB ;D
Quote from thisnameistaken :as it stands it's difficult to notice how much the bike is leaning until you realise it should be leaning the other way... too late

hm i find the stereo seperation pretty helpful for figuring out where the bike is exactly... and of course theres the 3rd person view

but yeah its difficult the controls dont really work too well and theres too much help and too little control over what the driver does

GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG