The online racing simulator
GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
Quote from Blaeza :Put rain on and take the aids off. I could barely get off the line without highsiding! I enjoyed the quick go I had on it but it doesn't like my badly overheating laptop at all. Will try on Desky later and hopefully it won't be a jumpfest

You tryed wet tyres?
Quote from mcgas001 :Say that again? I lose it all the time...?

Under braking it will throw you off if you pick the rear up and then try steer just as it hits the ground.

Using power the rear doesn't really step out much, and the front only washed out on the grass/gravel for me.
I've already highsided the beast going over that crest and lost the rear under braking going into T1.

Using the d-pad and buttons on my DFP at the mo, might plug in my controller and give it a good go, I'm liking it.
Quote from NitroNitrous :What kind controller do we need for that game? Joystick? The guy in the video plays with keyboard, and he does a lot of wierd and unrealistic things due to that. Without a proper controller, that game can not be enjoyed (as LFS without a wheel)

After a fair bit of experimentation, I've found the best way to control a bike game is, bizarrely, with a joystick and (ideally seperate) throttle.

You use the twist axis of the joystick to accelerate, the left and right axis of the joystick to steer, the foward and backward axis to move your rider's weight forwards and back, and the throttle to brake. It sounds a bit odd but after some practice, it becomes really natural.
I really liked it. I played with a wheel.

The grass is still forgiving and I have no idea if it's realistic but it's pretty fun.

I look forward to see how this game will progress
Quote from garph :I've already highsided the beast going over that crest and lost the rear under braking going into T1.

Using the d-pad and buttons on my DFP at the mo, might plug in my controller and give it a good go, I'm liking it.

Need to keep the front wheel pointing straight thats how i found out how to do it.

Quote from mcgas001 :Say that again? I lose it all the time...?

Tryed to push hard to lose the front or the rear end but could not.
Attached files
Weeee bit to fast.rar - 844.3 KB - 226 views
seems quite good!!!, even if I do not understand how to brake for the moment
Quote from rc10racer :Tryed to push hard to lose the front or the rear end but could not.

are you sure you dont have aids?
I can't manage to lift the front wheel!

I only tried a cross once and it was pretty easy to do ( too easy and quite dangerous actually )

Has someone been able to do it or maybe it is normal with such a bike
Lean back in first or second gear and it should lift when the powerband kicks in.

Edit: Just done a 0:55 lap with the default setup, still room for a little improvement.
Hurrah! I just did a 53.545 with the default setup This game is excellent. Once I've sold TDU and NFSU, I'll buy GPBikes
Quote from Crashgate3 :After a fair bit of experimentation, I've found the best way to control a bike game is, bizarrely, with a joystick and (ideally seperate) throttle.

You use the twist axis of the joystick to accelerate, the left and right axis of the joystick to steer, the foward and backward axis to move your rider's weight forwards and back, and the throttle to brake. It sounds a bit odd but after some practice, it becomes really natural.

That sounds cool. I have to try it with the FF joystick I used for gear shifter before buying the G25
#39 - Jakg
Downloading...
Anyone who does get a license, could they post some screens of the other bikes and tracks please.

I've gotta wait 'til I can get hold of a credit card which works online.
straight away i turned the game on and loaded it up i span and crashed lol
Quote from beefyman666 :Anyone who does get a license, could they post some screens of the other bikes and tracks please.

+1
please
Not managed to high-side it yet even with all the aids off. How do you get the back end to come out?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Not managed to high-side it yet even with all the aids off. How do you get the back end to come out?

It comes out in the rain a lot, but in dry conditions it doesn't really step out much. You can see it more in a replay, but it's no powerslide.
#46 - MR_B
This little thing's brilliant! For an Alpha 1.0 it's pretty tidy. Anyone taken it around behind the scenes? There's a little road which runs parallel to the pit straight, bit tight to push it but it's fun anyway.

Managed a 55.097... Not outstanding compared to a 51 I saw further up in the thread, but it's ok for a default set.

If the wobbly view is too much I found turning on "corner anticipation" helped as he looks towards where he wants to go. (It's mild when he does by the way)

Nice clean boot and install, very good for 100mb.

Oh yes, and deffinitely try using your DFP with the game. Fluid
Quote from MR_B :Oh yes, and deffinitely try using your DFP with the game. Fluid

I've only tried it with a shit gamepad and a shit joystick. The joystick seemed hard work, and the gamepad is my best bet.
I'll try it out with my FFEX at some point. I used the wheel for the bikes on TDU when I had it and it wasn't too hard to master.
Pedals + Keyboard here works the best so far for me, i think a joystick for the leaning and pedals for throttle/brake should work the best, steering wheel for the bike is really weird, you have to countersteer to get out of the lean and there's no FFB.

But still, it's the best bike sim I've ever tried, might stick with it for a long while.
You get what are basically a MotoGP Yamaha and Honda, look more like the big 990's not the 800's, colour variants with all 3 bikes. The second track is Laguna Seca.

It's just starting out so there isn't much but I loved it just like when I first played LFS, hopefully it will get stronger and stronger.

I'll post some screen shots later if no one else has.
Quote from garph :You get what are basically a MotoGP Yamaha and Honda, look more like the big 990's not the 800's, colour variants with all 3 bikes. The second track is Laguna Seca.

It's just starting out so there isn't much but I loved it just like when I first played LFS, hopefully it will get stronger and stronger.

I'll post some screen shots later if no one else has.

Please do post some screenshots. I might buy it if it's any good

GP Bikes ALPHA 1 RELEASED!!
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG