The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :First IGN 10/10 rating for 10 years, its being called a gaming revolution. If there was ever a time to waste of a bit of money on a console then now is the time. In the IGN review they say $60 is cheap, that they would easily pay $300 just for the game.

The tune at the start of the review sets the tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Y0MT0PX_k

Glad i wasnt the only one who absolutely loved the pictures freezing to the tune of the song and how absolutely immense it was
Quote from Jakg :Say this is coming to the PC?

Unknown. Ever since GTA3, the PC version has followed the consoles, but that was before Hot Coffee.

Of course, if GTA stuck to it's roots, it would be out on PC first. The rampant piracy on the PC platform also makes them less liekly to bother converting it, imho.
Quote from STROBE :Unknown. Ever since GTA3, the PC version has followed the consoles, but that was before Hot Coffee.

Of course, if GTA stuck to it's roots, it would be out on PC first. The rampant piracy on the PC platform also makes them less liekly to bother converting it, imho.

The Xbox360 certainly has a problem with piracy, GTA IV was leaked on a number of BT trackers, and people were playing it well before release date.
True, but console piracy is a tiny issue compared to the extent of it on the pc.
Quote from danowat :The Xbox360 certainly has a problem with piracy, GTA IV was leaked on a number of BT trackers, and people were playing it well before release date.

It amazes me that anyone bothers to mod a 360 - with such a high failure rate, once MS give you the finger over the warranty, your pretty screwed.
You can't go online with a cracked version anyway, can you? I guess online will be a big part of this game.
for anybody whos warranty has ran out and they never use Xbox live, i can see why though.
Quote from DeKo :Glad i wasnt the only one who absolutely loved the pictures freezing to the tune of the song and how absolutely immense it was

I liked it enough to order Kanye Wests album, £5 on play.com, pretty good deal if you ask me. IGN have posted up the videos that made that review, some really brilliant gameplay videos in there. My favourite bit is when he is in the cop car chasing that dude in his car, and he hits the back of it just as it explodes sending the cop car flying through the air in an epic barrel roll.
I didn't read all five pages but has anyone noticed the highly exaggerated suspension systems?
american cars
Just tried some of the multiplayer options..bloody hell, some of the best multiplayer experiences I've had on the 360. Nothing quite like shooting a chopper out the sky with a rocket, from a boat that you've just hi-jacked. Or driving along with 3 other team members in your car, showering any opposing force with bullets. Deathmatch is pure genious.
This thread needs locking.

Because it, and many others across the internet, are making me want to buy a PS3 which I cannot afford and have no other use for. Grrr. :mad:
We need to get a group of LFS users online in a race when we all get GTA4. I vote for Ice Cream trucks in the wet with full traffic on.
Oil tankers at dawn, armed passenger allowed
Quote from STROBE :This thread needs locking.

Because it, and many others across the internet, are making me want to buy a PS3 which I cannot afford and have no other use for. Grrr. :mad:

So buy the cheaper 360 and get the addon pack worth another 20 hours later in the year? Why people would pick the PS3 over 360 for this game i just dont understand.
Because if I were to spend any amount needed to acquire a console instead of putting it towards a new camera lens or a new car, I expect to be able to watch BD movies on it too.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Just tried some of the multiplayer options..bloody hell, some of the best multiplayer experiences I've had on the 360. Nothing quite like shooting a chopper out the sky with a rocket, from a boat that you've just hi-jacked. Or driving along with 3 other team members in your car, showering any opposing force with bullets. Deathmatch is pure genious.

I do believe that when everyone who has ordered it gets it, and everyone who hasn't has bought it...then at one moment everyone will try to get on line and the Internet will implode, or at least X-box live will commit suicide
It survived Halo 3 already.
Quote from jibber :It survived Halo 3 already.

Surely that was a glancing blow, it suffered downtime after and personally i don't think it fully recovered.

Thankfully the single players is pretty good.
I remember reading some anouncement saying they've literally doubled the server capacity since Christmas, in preparation. They completely screwed up preparing for the christmas rush, hopefully this one will go smoother as a result. Works flawlessly at min though, pairs up matches quickly and no noticable lag during play. Guess that'll change Tuesday..
I won't be going online until I finish the story, I don't want to hear any spoilers.
Right now i'm practically bashing my head against the table in anticipation.:banghead:

It's a good thing they upgraded the system. Everyone would've flipped (and it would've been hilarious) when nothing worked.
If it has as much lag as COD4 on PS3 then I will be compelled to personally kick the Housers where the sun don't shine. Bloody lag ruined COD4. Stupid dial-up people

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG