The online racing simulator
Quote from DarkTimes :Anyway... I might be totally on the wrong track, so sorry if I'm not making any sense...

The only way im lost is by your amazing programming skils
Agreed :jawdrop:
Nah, I'm writing a new version of LFSPoints that processes live race data off of multiple servers, so I'm neck deep in ridiculously complicated InSim code at the moment. My brain has become accustomed to this sort of stuff. Believe me, when I started a week ago I couldn't even connect to InSim without it crashing, and a few weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows I'd messed it up so much. It's not about skill, it's about how much effort you're willing to put in...
Quote from DarkTimes :Nah, I'm writing a new version of LFSPoints that processes live race data off of multiple servers, so I'm neck deep in ridiculously complicated InSim code at the moment. My brain has become accustomed to this sort of stuff. Believe me, when I started a week ago I couldn't even connect to InSim without it crashing, and a few weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows I'd messed it up so much. It's not about skill, it's about how much effort you're willing to put in...

Yep. +1 for that.
Help for start Cruise Tutorial
Hi i from poland and i dont understand ! Plis Help !
I have lfs dedi x, if i try run LFS_External_Client i have clean FORM1 and i dont know what i dont wrong , i hange password in Cruise App.cs. Sory for my english plis help THX ALL USER
Quote from irzunh :Hi i from poland and i dont understand ! Plis Help !
I have lfs dedi x, if i try run LFS_External_Client i have clean FORM1 and i dont know what i dont wrong , i hange password in Cruise App.cs. Sory for my english plis help THX ALL USER

This wont work for you, It uses LFS username to save the data of each user. Seen as your a demo racer you dont have no online username.
So i must have licence ? to do ?
But if i start dedi x s2 i have this problem too

What i must to do run this program ?
irzunh: you need S2/S1 for run good with cruise mode, this addon use the lfsussername, but in demo no avalible.
@ReVoX : What is your S2 username?
He doesn't have one, he's demo...I think he has a friend checking the S2 part or something...
I have been using this as a starting platform to mount my insim on however when my friend runs it on his vista machine it crashes sometimes, i think it may be related to overloading the player list as if you spectate then join spec then join it crashes, could someone help me with a fix code for this?
Quote from vane :I have been using this as a starting platform to mount my insim on however when my friend runs it on his vista machine it crashes sometimes, i think it may be related to overloading the player list as if you spectate then join spec then join it crashes, could someone help me with a fix code for this?

If he is running it with Visual C# express edition in debug mode, Can you ask him to get some screenies of the error. If he isnt its gonna be a hard time fixing it...
i think i may have been unclear, i am the one who is coding it and compiling (building) it then sending it to him to run on the server, i am using microsoft C# 2005 express edition
Quote from vane :i think i may have been unclear, i am the one who is coding it and compiling (building) it then sending it to him to run on the server, i am using microsoft C# 2005 express edition

Get him to install Visual C# and load the project and source in debug mode. If he wont do that, There might be the error infomation on the Windows Error dialog.
to save having to do all that could i not just send him the debug folder?
Quote from vane :to save having to do all that could i not just send him the debug folder?

No, Because you dont have Visual C# express edition there to tell you the error..
i started debugging, then kept joining with a car i didn't own, i think this may be what is causing it to crash
Attached images
debugging.JPG
Replace the

for(int i = 0;i < Players.Count; i++)

with

[COLOR=#0000ff]for[/COLOR][SIZE=2] ([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]int[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] i = 0; i < System.[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Math[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Min(8, Players.Count); i++)[/SIZE]

...and that should fix it.
ah thanks ill try it

EDIT: it still crashes, but it takes more goes, hmm
For the love of god, use NumC from the MCI packet (I assume this is made accessible by LFS_External). Not that bullshit System.Math...

Edit: Or DarkTimes' example below using a foreach loop
I may be way off track, but surely it makes more sense to iterate over the CompCars rather than the players...

void MCI(Packets.IS_MCI mci)
{
foreach (Packets.CompCar info in mci.Info)
{
decimal speed = (decimal)((info.Speed * (100f / 32768)) * 3.6);
decimal convSpeed = (decimal)(speed * 25 / 1000);
Players[GetPlyIdx(info.PLID)].Payout += convSpeed;
}
}

As far as I can see, that should work.

Edit: Incidentally, and this really, really bugs me, local variable and field names in C# should be lower-case, to distinguish them from methods and properties. Please stop making them upper case and capitalising them. <-- pedantic.
Quote from DarkTimes :I may be way off track, but surely it makes more sense to iterate over the CompCars rather than the players...

void MCI(Packets.IS_MCI MCI)
{
foreach (Packets.CompCar info in MCI.Info)
{
decimal speed = (decimal)((info.Speed * (100f / 32768)) * 3.6);
decimal convSpeed = (decimal)(speed * 25 / 1000);
Players[GetPlyIdx(info.PLID)].Payout = convSpeed;
}
}

As far as I can see, that should work.

Edit: Incidentally, and this really, really bugs me, local variable and field names in C# should be lower-case, to distinguish them from methods and properties. <-- pedantic.

that method does not have the meaning of 'i' in it
Quote from the_angry_angel :For the love of god, use NumC from the MCI packet (I assume this is made accessible by LFS_External). Not that bullshit System.Math...

E: Wtf is with everyone today?
Quote from vane :that method does not have the meaning of 'i' in it

Because DarkTimes' example does not require it.
Quote from the_angry_angel :For the love of god, use NumC from the MCI packet (I assume this is made accessible by LFS_External). Not that bullshit System.Math...

Edit: Or DarkTimes' example below using a foreach loop

i have found the MCI.NumC bit i just dont understand what kind of layout you have to put it in, some extra detail would be appreciated

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG