The online racing simulator
I cant get this to work.

I extracted the archive to the LFS folder and I did put in that d3d8.dll file. I did make the shortcut mod and pressed delete ingame, but nothing happens ? What am I doing wrong?

I FOUND OUT! RUN LFS.EXE AS ADMINISTRATOR IN VISTA!
eerm
anyone ever think of releasing setups?
no point having two big fat gauges blocking your view,

wat about releasing with pre-set postions that dont require head-aches

simple touch that would make this mod nice,,,,
Quote from lrdbsi :anyone ever think of releasing setups?
no point having two big fat gauges blocking your view,

wat about releasing with pre-set postions that dont require head-aches

simple touch that would make this mod nice,,,,

??

You can set the position yourself with strg(ctrl) + up.down.left,right and then save it with strg + pos1(home)
Anyone knows how i can get the CSR to work with the gauges at the same time ???.... it seems i can only use a port at a time
Quote from 1303s_vortech :A quick test (EK9-like):
http://gazpa.free.fr/LFS/EK9_Gas_2.jpg

Still in progress...

1 one freshly finished for the mrt, based on bike's gauges,

http://gazpa.free.fr/LFS/Gauges/MRTgauge%20pack.rar

Comments are welcome.

Go to Birba.com, choose the gauge you want ( as if you were going to buy the gauge faces ) then, download the "how to Install" PDF Manual of the particular gauge you want... in the PDF they have the gauge face... you just Print Screen it and put in Photoshop... then you don't have to do all the gauge... and it has A LOT of gauges there... i've done a CRX VTi gauge to LFS using this way. and it's good.
Making something yourself from start to end is the best way to make it suit your like (cost "some" layers).
Thanks for the tips anyway .

edit:Unfortunately most gauges on these pdf are not the stock ones.
problem 1:

When i connect to a server the gauges work fine. But when i disconnect and connect to another the gauges are gone.

problem 2:

How can i switch between the gauges? Corvette gauges don't work for a 8000rpm revving XFG
I tried ALT and lots of buttons together with arrowkeys and sofort but nothing seems to work.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Making something yourself from start to end is the best way to make it suit your like (cost "some" layers).
Thanks for the tips anyway .

edit:Unfortunately most gauges on these pdf are not the stock ones.

They are a little tweaked because this site is from anItalian Company That makes gauges... i told to look there, because i honestly don't know how to make a gauge from scratch ( a real car one ) and it's difficult to find a good starting image to work with... so there you have a lot of options... and using it you'll have an idea of proportion between the gauges and scale and so on...
Quote from 128MB :I tried ALT and lots of buttons together with arrowkeys and sofort but nothing seems to work.

ctrl + page up / down ...?

edit: I gave the mrt gauges a cleaner design, update's soon.
hmm i seem to be stupid
i had them working last year but now i cant get em to work anymore.
downloaded 0.12 and 0.17, edited my lfs shortcut, it even says gauges enabled....but they arent there!
any hints?
-Get the last d3d8.dll ,

-Open cfg.txt, replace the lines starting with "Outgauge" with:
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

the old 0.xxx versions are out-dated.
sweet that worked.
but what do u mean with "the old 0.xx version are outdated" is there a newer version than 0.17?
even with the 1.0 version, mine just don't work if i change servers... it works on the first but don't works anymore after i change... unless i close and re-open LFS... gonna send a PM to the developer.
Do you have a gauges folder for each cars?..
Yeah... 1 gauges folder for each car, all of them inside a "gauges folder" in the game folder... came like this... and i can switch between gauges anytime i want as long as they're on... of they torn off ( the way i said above ) it acts like i just have not installed them at all.
I had that problem recently, have a look in your cfg.txt, make sure the outgauge lines are right:

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

Some lines has changed, still don't know how...

Btw, there's a japanese guy who made some nice sets of gauges:

http://kmi.hanagasumi.net/
Yes... somehow it changed itself to "OutGauge Mode 0"... thanks... gonna try it now... gonna have a look at those other gauges...
just amazing the dials the guy did...
Quote from 1303s_vortech : ctrl + page up / down ...?

edit: I gave the mrt gauges a cleaner design, update's soon.

me want it !

you could make one multiplying by 2 the RPM and it'll fit like a glove to the BF1 too...
I had something to do since 2 weeks, on rfactor... now its over.

I m close to finish these dials, with a bit more...

About the bf1, I didn't planned to make something for it... but its an available car, I will see...

New Analog Gauges in LFS (Alpha)
(788 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG