The online racing simulator
Why not try to cut the needle?I mean,you can cut the body out(a part of it) and show only the tip as if it was behind Hope you get what I meant.If not pm me :P

PS.Could someone mention any similar words for dials,gauges,clusters etc.

PS.According to the way I suggested before,the needle should look like this :

Quote from Dudles :in S2k gauges, there's a progress bar that comes up... i was going to make a needle and put a hole in the background... so it would appear just where iot should be... it isn't rounded... so it's impossible to set um the needle without messing everything up... unless i could put the bkg in front of the needles... gonna think about it here...

pic of the S2k Cluster :

see ? a lot complicated to do but some nice gauges to have...

Ok...I see.... they are realy nice

Maybe i can set a parameter if Backround is in front of all gauges. If it helps you.
Until now i used drift gauge.The thing is i tried all suggested but still not working.I already have a .dll from the drift gauge should i overwhite it?This is my cfg
Attached files
cfg.rar - 1.6 KB - 407 views
Quote from sosna :Until now i used drift gauge.The thing is i tried all suggested but still not working.I already have a .dll from the drift gauge should i overwhite it?This is my cfg

If you want to use this gauges you have to overwrite it. But you can make a backup by renaming the existing dll. (d3d8_drift.dll f.e.)

No need to change cfg.txt if you start LFS with the parameter "/insim=29999" (see first post).

If you don´t want to you have to change some lines in your cfg.txt.

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0
Quote from Dudles :in S2k gauges, there's a progress bar that comes up... i was going to make a needle and put a hole in the background... so it would appear just where iot should be... it isn't rounded... so it's impossible to set um the needle without messing everything up... unless i could put the bkg in front of the needles... gonna think about it here...

pic of the S2k Cluster :

see ? a lot complicated to do but some nice gauges to have...

Perhaps this could help you, if yes i have to do some more work.

Attention. In the zip is the gaugesFXR Folder. Remember to make Backup if necessary.

Good night folks.
Attached files
test.zip - 504.4 KB - 571 views
Quote from riskredruM :If you want to use this gauges you have to overwrite it. But you can make a backup by renaming the existing dll. (d3d8_drift.dll f.e.)

No need to change cfg.txt if you start LFS with the parameter "/insim=29999" (see first post).

If you don´t want to you have to change some lines in your cfg.txt.

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

Everything done but,now when i launch LFS it crashes ,before even the opening screen.If i put the values to what they where before its all ok.Also insim port doesnt seem to work.I m saying this because the pit spotter that needed the insim port also it didnt work so i guess i do something wrong.Im a newbie here so sorry for the silly questions and a big thanks for your help!
I cant seem to get the gauges to cycle with ALT and this is what happen when I try to move the gauges to the right how can I cycle the other gauges? thanks
Attached images
REER.jpg
Quote from steve :I cant seem to get the gauges to cycle with ALT and this is what happen when I try to move the gauges to the right how can I cycle the other gauges? thanks

Please try the newest d3d8.dll to move the gauges correctly. It´s 0.17.
I have to add the ALT Feature again.....sorry.
Quote from sosna :Everything done but,now when i launch LFS it crashes ,before even the opening screen.If i put the values to what they where before its all ok.Also insim port doesnt seem to work.I m saying this because the pit spotter that needed the insim port also it didnt work so i guess i do something wrong.Im a newbie here so sorry for the silly questions and a big thanks for your help!

When you are using Pitspotter with success you are running LFS V (??)
Have you installed the last d3d8.dll (0.17) ? It won´t crash anymore.
Quote from riskredruM :When you are using Pitspotter with success you are running LFS V (??)
Have you installed the last d3d8.dll (0.17) ? It won´t crash anymore.

I firstly tried using pitspotter with 0.5 X version but it said connection timeout even though i did what i was supposed to do.

Yes i overwrote the old .dll with the new one and now no crashing there,but still no visible gauges.I dont want to be a pain in the ass so i can understand if u give up helping.I too am feed up with it!I still can use succesfully the drift gauge which is something.Could u please post your cfg so i could notice any values that are different in mine.Maybe i made changes that blocks the thing of working.I want to really thank you for all the help no matter of the result!
Quote from riskredruM :Please try the newest d3d8.dll to move the gauges correctly. It´s 0.17.
I have to add the ALT Feature again.....sorry.

Hey thanks, but it only seems to make the gaueqs show in a res over 1280x960 even if I try to move them and the gauges still don't cycle

But they move to the right normally now? lol

I'll wait for an update perhaps thanks sir.
Quote from steve :Hey thanks, but it only seems to make the gaueqs show in a res over 1280x960 even if I try to move them and the gauges still don't cycle

But they move to the right normally now? lol

I'll wait for an update perhaps thanks sir.

Unpack this in your LFS Folder and you can cycle between the gauges with strg + PageUP - PageDown.
Even if your reolution is smaller you can adjust the gauges by moving and save them with strg+pos1 (home). But only the gauges that are stored for your actual Car. If the Gauges are to big. Try to change the Width_Scale and Height_Scale to -1 or lower than 1.
Attached files
d3d8.zip - 197 KB - 463 views
Quote from sosna :I firstly tried using pitspotter with 0.5 X version but it said connection timeout even though i did what i was supposed to do.

Yes i overwrote the old .dll with the new one and now no crashing there,but still no visible gauges.I dont want to be a pain in the ass so i can understand if u give up helping.I too am feed up with it!I still can use succesfully the drift gauge which is something.Could u please post your cfg so i could notice any values that are different in mine.Maybe i made changes that blocks the thing of working.I want to really thank you for all the help no matter of the result!

You can´t change anything in cfg.txt that blocks this app. Try to start LFS with the command line. Something like this ""C:\Spiele\LFS X\LFS.exe" /insim=29999" -- then you connect to LFS over TCP. Look if you get the starting text in LFS. "Welcome to ...blabla."
If so, you have connection. Then look if all gauges folders are there.

LFS
--Gauges
----GaugesFXR
----GaugesUFR

and if each Gauges Folder contains the gauges.ini.

If you get in the car there have to be a line put out like this "Loaded Values for Car"
Quote from screama :Just redid my BF1-Gauges.... really nice imo

neeext car

release ?

and what about your FXR gauges ? i wanna use it !
im workin on gauges for every car with correct rpm/speed
Quote from screama :im workin on gauges for every car with correct rpm/speed

Great. When they are finished, may I can release them with the d3d8.dll ??
Thanks for updates, I kind of got some working a bit. I also use the outgauge stalling app, but it doesnt seem to work when the gauges are on.? Something to do with insim maybe?
Quote from screama :im workin on gauges for every car with correct rpm/speed

Can you do MPH ones aswell? I know you can change it but I would like some MPH dials.
LX4!!
Attached images
screamagauges_lx4.jpg
Quote from screama :LX4!!

will you really be teasing us with Screenies or could you release it car by car ?
no, i just wanted to say "im still workin on it"

but NOW im teasing you

3 cars left
Attached images
screamagauges_rb4.jpg

aweseome man.Great job!

here are mine of course took them from the site on firs page and tuned up degrees to match.
Attached images
m.JPG
Quote from screama :no, i just wanted to say "im still workin on it"

but NOW im teasing you

3 cars left

i don't like "one-inside-the-other" gauges... but it's awesome... will you make any gauge pack with other gauge pattern ? because these ones are just like 1980 rally cars' gauges... don't really like them. But you're doing a great job... congrats.
im almost done with the gauges...

You can easily adjust the turbo/fuel to be outside of the other gauges

[EDIT]
DONE!
DOWNLOAD
Fantastic!Testing!Tnx Screama

New Analog Gauges in LFS (Alpha)
(788 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG